Critical Race Theory in U.S. Schools

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'm saying I disagree with how they are representing features.

I'm not saying those features don't exist.

I'm also saying the poison is in the dose.

I'm not saying society shouldn't try to address them.

Both sides are using race as a way to grab or hold onto power with their appeals to fear and shame.

What out come are we looking for?

We already know what to do:

End the drug war.

Provide basic medical services for poor children and drinking water without lead.

Bring back training trades in high school

blah blah blah . . .
Wow. A post I actually agree with......especially the part about the trades.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I'm saying I disagree with how they are representing features.

I'm not saying those features don't exist.

I'm also saying the poison is in the dose.

I'm not saying society shouldn't try to address them.

Both sides are using race as a way to grab or hold onto power with their appeals to fear and shame.

What out come are we looking for?

We already know what to do:

End the drug war.

Provide basic medical services for poor children and drinking water without lead.

Bring back training trades in high school

blah blah blah . . .
No sh!t...wood and metal sho always had the teachers that would let you smoke weed outside and turn a blind eye. Having a shiity day..go hang out with one of the shop teachers while cutting history or whatever. They were an important part of keeping kids on the level. Then schools decided that trades were a waste of time and only for losers and minorities. For what I just paid to have some gates made and installed at my house welding pays pretty well.

Reactions: npsp

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No sh!t...wood and metal sho always had the teachers that would let you smoke weed outside and turn a blind eye. Having a shiity day..go hang out with one of the shop teachers while cutting history or whatever. They were an important part of keeping kids on the level. Then schools decided that trades were a waste of time and only for losers and minorities. For what I just paid to have some gates made and installed at my house welding pays pretty well.
My drafting teacher was a total stoner. He even got busted smoking weed in the school bathroom.

Some of the guys who took the auto shop classes are probably making a killing now.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
This is spot-on. Some states have decent trade/voc schools and I wish more kids would go there.

Reactions: npsp

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
The best is the conflation between teaching about racism/slavery and CRT. You don't need CRT to learn about history. You don't really need it to learn about anything other than the fact that Robin DiAngelo and Ibram Kendi are totally Looney Tunes & not very smart people.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
:cheers:

My father was a wood shop teacher in an Alternative High School. The majority of the school skipped his class but every year he had a handful of troubled kids who found themselves in his wood shop all day while skipping every other class and furnished their homes while learning a craft and that made it all worthwhile to him.

Reactions: sirfun and npsp

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Liberals want to focus our children's attention on this nonsense in order to leave them confused and divided. It's almost like they are trying to churn out generations of people reliant on the government because they don't have the skills to subsist on their own.

Meanwhile in China kids are learning at levels far beyond what the teachers unions and school boards in the US will allow children to.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
:cheers:

My father was a wood shop teacher in an Alternative High School. The majority of the school skipped his class but every year he had a handful of troubled kids who found themselves in his wood shop all day while skipping every other class and furnished their homes while learning a craft and that made it all worthwhile to him.
Had metal shop not been removed from my HS, I would most likely have become an iron worker or welder. The JHS I went to had an awesome metal shop and a great teacher. Just like Skully's dad, he would let us cut class and work in the shop on whatever project we had going on at the time. On days when he'd keep the shop open after school, he'd have to kick us out of the shop so he could go home. Good times.

• Love
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Liberals want to focus our children's attention on this nonsense in order to leave them confused and divided.

Antiracism is now routinely framed as a threat to freedom of speech, but the tactic is not new. In 1965, William F. Buckley Jr. argued in a syndicated column titled, “Are You a Racist?” that the word “racism” was being used “indiscriminately.” This risked preventing a focus on real racism, such as that perpetrated by Hitler, he wrote, and also led to innocent people being denounced merely for expressing “controversial” opinions.

Sound familiar? Buckley’s warning about the censoriousness of antiracist politics was issued the same year as the Selma-to-Montgomery civil rights march. More than 50 years later, the same tactic is being deployed in response to the Black Lives Matter movement. Across different contexts, the democratic importance of free speech is being misappropriated to advance reactionary politics.

It is also designed to put people subject to racism on the defensive. Unless they can definitively prove intentional racism as the cause of a behavior, they are said to be acting undemocratically — and shutting down open debate by indiscriminately accusing others of racism.
Idaho’s new law banning the teaching of “critical race theory” in its public schools is an example of gaslighting politics in action. In a bid to defend “dignity and non-discrimination,” it criminalizes such teaching, arguing that it promotes division. No definition of “critical race theory” is provided, but this is a feature, not a flaw, of the attack on antiracism.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I would dare to guess that black people don't think like you.
So you believe skin color determines how one thinks?

Please share with us other cognitive, behavioral, athletic, or any other attributes you can tell about a person just by looking at what color they are…

I’d love to hear it….

PS: Black Holes are racist….