Critical Race Theory in U.S. Schools

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
The worst part of part of modern CRT is the unfalsifiable Kafka traps, i.e. "if you don't admit to racism it proves you're a racist." It's littered with false choices like this, and it's not scientific. More of a rhetorical ad emotional tool designed to get people to agree with it.The other worst part is its heritage of gobbledegook New Left boomer intellectual icons: Marcuse & Foucault come to mind. Another worst part is its denial of any individual agency whatsoeverover over the broadly-defined "systemic" causaility. This ties into the complete and utter pessimism of the approach. Check out "interest convergence" for a real hot take on the civil rights movement.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I just scanned through their main page and yikes . . . They need help.
Oh come on. The DeBlasio one????? "Andrew Yang tries to buy banana from voting booth"? 911 operator lets it ring so callers don't think they're sitting by the phone? Loki fans love how show has so many references to Loki??

The Onion is pretty funny.
The Babylon Bee is pretty funny.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I can only speak for the people I engage with day to day but I don't believe any of us think identically. I also don't think anyone I know feels they need a white nanny to do their thinking for them.
I'm listening to them, you're not.

You know better what constitutes racism than those who experience it.

If you listened you'd know better.

But no

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I've come to the conclusion that all disagreements stem from features and the representation of those features.

That's it.

Thanks

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Oh come on. The DeBlasio one????? "Andrew Yang tries to buy banana from voting booth"? 911 operator lets it ring so callers don't think they're sitting by the phone? Loki fans love how show has so many references to Loki??

The Onion is pretty funny.
The Babylon Bee is pretty funny.
I get it. Comedy is hard. Especially at volume where you need to churn out new material constantly. That said, I feel like they used to be a lot more consistent and funny?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You're listening to to nothing but white people who think like you.
I work with some black teachers who teach critical race theory.

They save it for the classroom.

It's the admins who are using it against labor so they can get a better deal at contract time and justify their job.

The poison is in the dose.

This society favors people with wealth.

Most of that wealth is owned by a few white males (republicans?).

Some people would represent this feature as racism.

I wouldn't.

But that is what is going on.

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
i can’t tell if you’re being cheeky here, considering that CRT is all about race.
I'm saying I disagree with how they are representing features.

I'm not saying those features don't exist.

I'm also saying the poison is in the dose.

I'm not saying society shouldn't try to address them.

Both sides are using race as a way to grab or hold onto power with their appeals to fear and shame.

What out come are we looking for?

We already know what to do:

End the drug war.

Provide basic medical services for poor children and drinking water without lead.

Bring back training trades in high school

blah blah blah . . .

Last edited: