Covid Skepticism

Feb 12, 2020
Olympic Village could be a hotspot in a couple months. Heard those athletes aren't good social distancers!
Or will the world cancelling them?
Japan has to have alot invested in them going on as planned, any redos allowed?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Olympic Village could be a hotspot in a couple months. Heard those athletes aren't good social distancers!
Or will the world cancelling them?
Japan has to have alot invested in them going on as planned, any redos allowed?
The Olympic thing is going to be interesting to watch pan out. Apparently a lot of the contracts Japan has entered into have an expiration date at the end of 2020. So either the Olympics go forward this year or Japan defaults on their ability to host.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
When PhD scientists and MDs who consult governors, presidents an the world all tend to agree with one another, it's probably good to listen to them and take their advice, maybe more than even an average MD.
When run of the mill internet and social media non-experts make claims based on their own "research", it's probably good to to listen to them and take their advice.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Who’s getting the lung damage? Old people? That’s what I’m most scared of. My work is still going. Part of me is like fook it I’m going in. The other side is is it worth risking??
When I mentioned lung damage in my post I was just repeating what I have seen reported in the news and hadn't gone into it further than that. I just did a google and this is what I think from a layperson trying to interpret the information out there. It seems necessary to reach the pneumonia stage of c19 infection, before lung damage occurs. Thats when the body can overreact and produce too much mucus which does the damage.

It is older people who reach this stage more frequently, although I think the whole reason why c19 is worse than normal flu is because it is more likely to produce the severe pneumonia. People who get asthma are thought to be at greater risk too, because their body already has a tendency to overreact and produce too much mucus.

Reactions: Leaverite

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Before Corona:
In 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States—25,702 more deaths than in 2017. From 2017 to 2018, the age-adjusted death rate for the total population decreased 1.1%, and life expectancy at birth increased 0.1 year.

Link: Mortality in the United States, 2018

How many died, in 2018, with~out bein' Corona'd???
7,779 a day, all across America, esh, better shut thee country down!
Hmmmm...

Doctor, doctor, please!
Please let me know when it is ok to live my life, ok...
Hahaha! Heya allll you worry~some pepz, no matter what,
you still gonna die!
Go surf!
:drowning:

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Before Corona:
In 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States—25,702 more deaths than in 2017. From 2017 to 2018, the age-adjusted death rate for the total population decreased 1.1%, and life expectancy at birth increased 0.1 year.

Link: Mortality in the United States, 2018

How many died, in 2018, with~out bein' Corona'd???
Hmmmm...

Doctor, doctor, please!
Please let me know when it is ok to live my life, ok...
Hahaha! Heya Allll you worry~some pepz, no matter what,
you still gonna die!
Go surf!
:drowning:
Early stages right now.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
We just had our first local death here in Santa Cruz county today.

You know that old saying? "Better Safe than Sorry"????

The whole crux right now is to err on the safe side.

If we do and this whole thing blows over people will still claim the precautions weren't necessary.

Reactions: $kully and noone999

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
We just had our first local death here in Santa Cruz county today.

You know that old saying? "Better Safe than Sorry"????

The whole crux right now is to err on the safe side.

If we do and this whole thing blows over people will still claim the precautions weren't necessary.
How many died of the flu, pneumonia, or RSV in Santa Cruz County this year? Don't know? Why not?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Early stages...You just wait until this cr@p gets into the California homeless population.

We will be posting Italian daily numbers.
We might, but not of PLUS (people like us). I lived in the same town of a homeless encampment that made international news. There were many deaths of ODs, stabbings, shootings, and sepsis. If it's not one thing that kills the homeless, it'll be another. The point is, the raw numbers of deaths don't give you a lot of information.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Early stages...You just wait until this cr@p gets into the California homeless population.

We will be posting Italian daily numbers.
Both of you, ask the same question 19 days from now.
We might, but not of PLUS (people like us). I lived in the same town of a homeless encampment that made international news. There were many deaths of ODs, stabbings, shootings, and sepsis. If it's not one thing that kills the homeless, it'll be another. The point is, the raw numbers of deaths don't give you a lot of information.
I live in a town with the same. The free needles. One simple goodamn thing nobody seems to think about.

Cash.

Standing on a street corner, getting currency from random people all day long. You need it to live but its like playing Russian Roulette.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Both of you, ask the same question 19 days from now.

I live in a town with the same. The free needles. One simple goodamn thing nobody seems to think about.

Cash.

Standing on a street corner, getting currency from random people all day long. You need it to live but its like playing Russian Roulette.
We know this cr@p lives on untreated surfaces for like 8 days.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
We know this cr@p lives on untreated surfaces for like 8 days.
Thank God you have sanitation (hand washing) and an immune system to fight it off! The worst-case case rate was on the cruise ship at 19%. In Wuhan, it was 5%. Here - well divide the state population by the number of cases and plot an exponential bearing in mind that it levels off ON ITS OWN shortly.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Current homeless estimate in California is 150,000.

Our Governor has already posted that 60% of this population is expected to get infected.

That's a positive scenario.

These are people living in close quarters, usually off the beaten paths, under the radar.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I am worried.

Reactions: _____