Covid Round 2

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Where is bobsurf when we need him?

Or wait maybe it wasn't bobsurf.. who was the poster that posted up the erBB member vs. member fight memes?

That was awesome! :roflmao:

Reactions: donuts

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Sick AF. Had it last summer. Down hard 10 days. Not sure what to expect this time but feel like I got hit by a truck. Anybody had it twice?
I caught it last week again...first 3 days sucked with a lot of sh!t coming out of my lungs and coughing (I smoke a good amount of herb though). Worked through most it from home but got really tired by 3 pm. Had the first two shots and never got boosted. Def hit harder this time as the first I only had a headache for a day or two.

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Stuff messed me up twice, that I know of. I don't think I've been to the recent party though, I'm behind at least a boost, I was waiting for someone to figure out something real quick here going on year 4 or wherever we are before I get poke-sick again. No fun from any point of view.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Not to break up the flirt fest in here, but I caught it for the second time 2 weeks ago. Actually almost 1 year to the day from when I caught it last year.

1st time: cough, night sweats, some fever. Really unique heavy, burning sensation in my lungs. My wife was 8 months pregnant and we isolated really well. Nobody else in the house caught it.

2nd time: I didn't have any notable symptoms and I wouldn't have tested, but my wife felt really shitty so she tested. She had the heavy body aches, fever, night sweats, and a generally ill feeling. She tested and came back positive on a Wednesday. My 10-11 month old started to have a runny nose and fever. He and I tested and came back positive on Sunday. My son had some really rough nights of congestion and fever, my wife developed a cough and felt like sh!t, I felt mostly fine the whole time. I surfed the day I got my result. I worked out and hit the Peloton. I surfed a few days ago and felt pretty winded, but I'm not feeling very fit in general at the moment and it was short interval thumpy beach break.

Anyway.
she dodged it for 3 years. I got it a second time.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Sick AF. Had it last summer. Down hard 10 days. Not sure what to expect this time but feel like I got hit by a truck. Anybody had it twice?

You got a positive on a test?

Or are you certain it is CV-19 due to the similarity of symptoms?

Just curious.

In any case, treat as you would a case in influenza and heal up.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Could cut the tension with a knife here... sensing you guys have some history?

I'm super behind on my booster shots... honestly don't know if I got it more than once. Never tested positive because My wife and I were sick last year and she tested positive... I figured why bother?

I have an itchy throat today, so I figure I have a 50/50 chance of survival.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i think a lot of the people that caught it during the April/May wave of 2022 didn't seem to catch this one, maybe it's the same version, catching up to the folks that didn't catch this particular version last Spring? But you got it in the summer. Pretty close to Spring.

@gbg I wonder if your summer variant was an earlier variant. Heal up, rest up, do all the things.

Honestly, who the f&*(k knows. Bottom line- there's another bug out there that can make you sniffle, or die, or anything in between. Carpe diem and don't forget your vitamins C and D

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo