colonoscopy blues

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I would totally try a date rape drug.

Not to get raped.

I could just use a good night of sleep.
I did this once. GHB. It sucked. Ketamine I thought sucked too.

I would totally try waiting for a high-likelihood of overcast weather = dead wind all day at a cobblestone left hander in Mainland Mexico, eat magic mushrooms an hour before nautical twilight, flare nougat to the dome 45 minutes later, and have me a day.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I'm glad to hear that you're following through with it. My brother in law did the opposite and boy is he paying for it dearly. It started with a little blood in his stool, then it progressed to mucus which then turned into instant diarrhea. He ignored it for entire year and once he was finally tested, the results came back with stage 3 colon cancer. He was on chemo and radiation treatments for several months. Then the doctors had to remove a section of instestine, part of his colon and anus. Now he gets to wear a ileostomy bag for at least the next six months. It turns out that the cancer did spread to his lymph nodes so he also gets the added benefit of chemotherapy for the next six months as well. This is all because he ignored very real and simple symptoms. The family is worried and very pissed at the same time. It's a terrible feeling for us but I can't imagine what he's going through mentally. :toilet:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
People who don't do it because they don't want a camera shoved up their ass or are afraid of the prep sh!t-a-thon or whatever are idiots. Just deal with the prep, use baby wipes, and when you go in and they offer morphine, say "Hell Yes!".

Reactions: npsp and john4surf

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Pictures ... or it didn’t happen.

From this thread.

How I envisioned the medical team at the start of the procedure:

PS
A friend from work got his first one around 55.

Found stage 2 colon cancer right at the junction of small intestine to ascending colon.

6 months later and any number of less pounds later, back at work. He jokes that due to all the imaging and treatments, he probably has an increased risk of leukemia or lung cancer.

Last edited:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
the prep is worse than the procedure....
This. I've had a bunch due to family history. Not that bad; only woke up once during but was pretty torqued and didn't seem to care.

I always schedule it for first thing in the morning, and then go eat an entire pizza right after.

Reactions: PPK96754