Can we talk about Amy Coney Barrett's ties to hate groups?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Again, smear is not the word you're looking for.

Somebody of her profile should know where her check is coming from and who she's speaking for.

5 fucking times.

The fact that she's even moving in that orbit is a red flag.

Reactions: afoaf and mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That the Herltage foundation want her is the tell.

How can they not realize this is all going to blow up in their faces?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
You even note that she has 3 years experience.

That is INSANE!
exactly, that is the thing that concerns me most. I'm not supporting her nomination, I don't know enough about her existing track record as a judge or the positions she's taken in speeches etc. I do see that she's on the record has saying that her personal religious beliefs will have no bearing in her interpretation of the law, which is nice.

But trying to label her as hate group adjacent is weak at best.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I like how GromsDad thinks that the fact that he didn't know who the ADF was before
this story popped is proof that the story is false....

who'd have thunk that the ignoranamus would make an argument from ignorance?!

dear sir, she is literally hate group adjacent...

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
exactly, that is the thing that concerns me most. I'm not supporting her nomination, I don't know enough about her existing track record as a judge or the positions she's taken in speeches etc. I do see that she's on the record has saying that her personal religious beliefs will have no bearing in her interpretation of the law, which is nice.

You're making some excellent points. Good debate.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Dude who cares if Alito and Thomas are already queefing about the gay marriage case, or if this broad and Pence are going to test their electro-shocker out on Pete Buttigieg.

Focus on the real issue.

Hillary gave speeches to Goldman Sachs.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I loved when the when people under the spell of motivated reasoning call themselves constitutionalists.

If Amy had any ethos she would wait till after the election.

But she another far right climber.

Last edited:

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
She must be really naive, to not research the group who paid her to speak 5 times.

That alone should be ground to disqualify her.

Unless of course she knew that ADF is an actively homophobic organization and DGAF.

Were the kids gay?

It's this like how Stephen Miller cannot be a racist because he's Jewish?
I have no dog in this hunt, but really Fecal? You hire an investigator to look into the political leanings of everyone you've ever shot pictures for?

Nothing ever for Miramax or any subsidiary?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
what nominee would not say that?
seems like standard mail-in response, Clarence and Aliito are now saying same-sex marriage should be repealed. That seems like a personal belief.
Your San Francisco is showing

If you scroll to page 55 of the following pdf you can see the statement Thomas made. You will be hard pressed to find him saying that same sex marriage should be repealed.

To me, this is a great example of how lazy our press have become. Thomas appears to mainly be saying that he (and Alito) think that the issue of same marriage should have been taken up via the legislative branch, which would typically include some accommodations for religious liberty, while also avoiding stigmatizing those with religious beliefs that run counter to the notion of gay marriage. His point seems to be that the court is the wrong venue to address this issue, not that same sex marriage should be repealed.

But it's way easier and will drive more clicks to say that Thomas and Alito want to repeal same sex marriage. Sad.

At this point I just want to see the source documents and I heavily discount the commentary around it from all media outlets. They almost all suck at this point.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Your San Francisco is showing

If you scroll to page 55 of the following pdf you can see the statement Thomas made. You will be hard pressed to find him saying that same sex marriage should be repealed.

To me, this is a great example of how lazy our press have become. Thomas appears to mainly be saying that he (and Alito) think that the issue of same marriage should have been taken up via the legislative branch, which would typically include some accommodations for religious liberty, while also avoiding stigmatizing those with religious beliefs that run counter to the notion of gay marriage. His point seems to be that the court is the wrong venue to address this issue, not that same sex marriage should be repealed.

But it's way easier and will drive more clicks to say that Thomas and Alito want to repeal same sex marriage. Sad.

At this point I just want to see the source documents and I heavily discount the commentary around it from all media outlets. They almost all suck at this point.
Nobody is forcing Christians to marry people of the same sex, so there is no Religious Liberty issue. Refusing to issue a marriage certificate as a public-sector employee is Religious Tyranny. Period.

That Thomas and Alito think this is actually a thing is preposterously stupid.

I feel the Cake Baker's pain to some extent.
Getting government out of marriage entirely and having no laws with anything to do with marriage sounds fine.

And if there's a Muslim FDA inspector who won't certify any pork, or a Hindu who won't certify any beef, gas them in the same chamber with the Kentucky heifer, Alito, and Thomas.

These people will be ostracized from society because being a Jesus Freak supercedes the Equal Protection Clause and that's a risk?

GOOD. LET THEM DIE. LET THEM ALL DIE STARVING UNDERNEATH AN OVERPASS. NOTHING OF VALUE WILL BE LOST THAT DAY.