Can someone explain the “Jesus died for our sins”

Here is another one: Was Jesus in on the stunt?

I get that he was man but he was also some kind of supernatural being at the same time or did he get his superpowers later when he was a dead man?

He died and then he was a ghost?

Also, the cross is a really gruesome religious icon.

I don't think people ever think of it.

Or maybe gruesome and macabre is the point?

If people worshipped at the foot of guillotines or gallows poles you'd think they were fucking nuts.

It's cool we have holiday to reflect on these things and realize how fucking crazy humans (I include myself in this population) are.

8 people in the Bible had ascension

According to the post-biblical Midrash, eight people went to (or will go to) heaven (also referred to as the Garden of Eden and paradise) alive:[1]

Enoch, Noah's great grandfather (Genesis 5:22–24)[2]
Elijah (2 Kings 2:11)
Serah, daughter of Asher, son of Jacob (Midrash Yalkut Shimoni (Yechezkel 367))
Eliezer, the servant of Abraham who chose Rebecca to be Isaac's wife
Hiram, king of Tyre, who helped Solomon build the first temple
Ebed-Melech, the Ethiopian[3]
Jaabez, the son of Rabbi Yehudah ha-Nasi, who was editor of the Mishnah
Bithiah, the daughter of Pharaoh[4]

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

According to the post-biblical Midrash, eight people went to (or will go to) heaven (also referred to as the Garden of Eden and paradise) alive:[1]

We're they in on the stunt?

God loves stunts.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Or transgender to religion.

We're entering a new age where politics and social views are religion.

Add to that facts don't matter and science is the enemy.
You admit physical hermaphrodites exist, right? Why is so hard to accept that mental hermaphrodites exist and why do you give sh!t/

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I’m going to my Christian parents’ house tomorrow to eat ham while we pretend Jesus rose from the dead, all to make my mom happy. It’s a violent war on Christians I’m waging.

There is definitely a war on Christians in places. Jesus promised this would always be. The US isn’t one of them.

Way to stick by your convictions. It explains a lot.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Incessantly whining about gaslighting is tantamount to admitting you have a weak mind. Cowboy up. Stop playing the victim. Not that any of this is really serious. If you will note, the ones who whine the loudest re gaslighting are the ones who utilize it the most frequently. I guess gaslighters hate competition?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you will note, the ones who whine the loudest re gaslighting are the ones who utilize it the most frequently. I guess gaslighters hate competition?
It's pretty funny how afoaf has started using accusations of gaslighting to gaslight. :roflmao:

By his measure this entire forum is about to explode.:bricks:

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Incessantly whining about gaslighting is tantamount to admitting you have a weak mind. Cowboy up. Stop playing the victim. Not that any of this is really serious. If you will note, the ones who whine the loudest re gaslighting are the ones who utilize it the most frequently. I guess gaslighters hate competition?
So the people pointing out obvious gaslighting are worse than the people doing it , typical diseased authoritarian thinking.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It's pretty funny how afoaf has started using accusations of gaslighting to gaslight. :roflmao:

By his measure this entire forum is about to explode.:bricks:
Another version 'of "I know you are but what am I" **** poor argumentation for an adult.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I've met plenty of not Christians who despise abortion.

Also, beware the availability cascade.
I never said, all Christians are bad.

We just have extremists making policy. Same thing happened in Education with the far left.

Abortion prohibition is a pretty big fucking change. It doesn't require an avalibilty cascade to note that it's a profound regression that will have lots of negative consequences.

Matthew Joseph Kacsmaryk (born 1977) is a United States district judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas. He was nominated to the position by President Donald Trump in 2017, and ultimately confirmed and sworn in for the position in 2019. He is currently presiding over a lawsuit regarding the FDA's approval of abortion medication mifepristone in 2000, and has issued a preliminary ruling suspending the approval of mifepristone.

Kacsmaryk previously worked for the law firm Baker Botts in 2003 to 2008, then worked as a federal prosecutor in Texas from 2008 to 2013, and then worked for the Christian conservative legal organisation First Liberty Institute from 2014 to 2019.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Another version 'of "I know you are but what am I" **** poor argumentation for an adult.
uh, no.

That wasn't my argument.

"Gaslighting" used to be a term used to describe emotionally abusive people in close, usually romantic or familial relationships.

Over the past few years it's been used as a term, mostly incorrectly, as a weak method of attacking your opponent's integrity. i.e. Accuse your opponent of gaslighting when they are really just engaging in debate or expressing opinion.

They hope most people know how abusers can gaslight in relationships so their goal is to color you with that negativity.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Like I said, over the decades there have been many posts of this nature. I only looked at posts from the past 24 hours... Christians are mentally ill, Christians are suckers, Christians seek to oppress (I didn't screenshot that one), blah blah blah.

The same old stuff.

Also, you don't know what a gotcha is.
All you have to do is look at Squidley and PRCD posts here to understand why that is.

These loons are creating policy in this country that affect us all.

It's not like they're minding their own business and we mock them for no reason - like you do transgenders.

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF and mundus

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

But how many came back to life?
i mean, lazarus came back, but that was Jesus making it happen
how many came back on their own?
jesus is the only one I know

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
And just look what a sophisticated and advanced society the Sun Worshipers had created!
Slavery, Scalping, Fast and Easy Squaws, Smoke Signals.
By some estimates The Sun Worshipers were only 958, 000 years away from inventing the wheel!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
And just look what a sophisticated and advanced society the Sun Worshipers had created!
Slavery, Scalping, Fast and Easy Squaws, Smoke Signals.
By some estimates The Sun Worshipers were only 958, 000 years away from inventing the wheel!
okay, but have you considered the wars that were in the name of religion?

Reactions: Norm'