Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Sometimes you can kill them all with a hose spraying under the leaves.
In this case, if you're reticent to 'product', just add a few drops of an "eco" dishwasher gel soap, ensure low tensioactive ingredients (5% or <) to the hoses difuser dispenser and that will kill them too. Leaves your plants "clean n shiny" too.

Reactions: santacruzin

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
After a long, cold, spring it feels like summer has finally arrived and the garden is starting to blow up. Snap peas are coming on strong.
20210604_091131.jpg

Got a bunch of artichokes and other random stuff to fill up the rest of the garden space.
20210604_105522.jpg

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my peas came and went...ate them off the vine in the mornings

I will do those again every year in my tomato beds

Early Girls and Black Krims coming in right now, the vertical planting
is KILLING IT

serranos....lots of collards...I got a stacked strawberry dealio for my
boy and put 4 diff varieties in...the alpine white strawberries are out
of this world good but evanescent

1622840778737.png

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
The cold spring in SF has really slowed everything down for me, except the Pt Bonita cabbage. Usually have to wait till summer fog to slow everything down.

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
We’ve had 24 “ of rain in the last 5 weeks. If your garden didn’t flood out, things are probably looking pretty good. Super rainy spring after a super hard freeze, go figure.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Late start after tearing down my termite infested wood garden box. Built a new one and planted cilantro, tomatoes, pepper, and cucumber. I don't have luck with cucumber as you can tell in the photo. In SD I can be late to the party and it will still produce into fall. It aint much but it's all I got and I will enjoy.
garden.jpeg

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My Kratky gutter system failed miserably. I think it has something to do with the temperature. Everything I planted in the ground did fine. I buried tons of rabbit crap all over the garden beds from these Rex rabbits I got. The damn Lab keeps eating the rabbit crap but his coat looks better. He eats his own crap too.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
My Kratky gutter system failed miserably. I think it has something to do with the temperature. Everything I planted in the ground did fine. I buried tons of rabbit crap all over the garden beds from these Rex rabbits I got. The damn Lab keeps eating the rabbit crap but his coat looks better. He eats his own crap too.
They do that for a reason, intestinal regulation.

Try some probiotics from the vets, mixed with yoghurt.

Or, enjoy the fact that each time your dog kisses your girl, they're lapping bung hole leftovers all over her face for you to kiss later.

Cause I sure hope you don't let 'em lick your face after that sort of behavior.

Anti-fecalface - out

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
They do that for a reason, intestinal regulation.

Try some probiotics from the vets, mixed with yoghurt.

Or, enjoy the fact that each time your dog kisses your girl, they're lapping bung hole leftovers all over her face for you to kiss later.

Cause I sure hope you don't let 'em lick your face after that sort of behavior.

Anti-fecalface - out
How do I un-read this?

• Haha
Reactions: Icu812

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I prune like a mofo
i'm still learning. i've got a pretty decent fruit set on my Liberty Apple and my Frost Peaches this year.

last year i got like 3 peaches and they were tiny but delicious.