Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
1624728130493.jpeg

today’s harvest. Cucumbers, shishotos, jalapeño, figs, okra, cantaloupe,
tomatoes: orange ones are jaun flemme, high yield and very tasty.
creole heirloom, developed for high heat and humidity. And some kind of cherry type tomatoe that starts purple then turns red.

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
View attachment 110710My friends invented this stuff, really works good for bugs, pm, etc. They're killin' it, so to speak. So much so that they're donating a desal plant for locals on one of the islands in the Ments where they have to bring water in.
Bought some. Works good on powdery mildew. That’s my main problem these days. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Icu812

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
One Pt Bonita "escaped and naturalized" cabbage turned into 6 quarts of kimchi. Had to use tree branch loppers to cut the stalk. For size, comparison I'm over 6 ft tall.

1624896729392.png

1624896759680.png

Kimchi now fermenting away in styrofoam cooler in garage. Just tamped them all down after this photo was taken. Two more days till I can find out if sandal inoculation imparts the "correct" microbiome.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
One Pt Bonita "escaped and naturalized" cabbage turned into 6 quarts of kimchi. Had to use tree branch loppers to cut the stalk. For size, comparison I'm over 6 ft tall.

View attachment 112012
Holy fucking two kettles batman.

1. Is one your daily brewer, and one for special occasions, love oolong time?
2. The closer one is more domed than the other one, is it more responsive for a single cuppa?
3. Does that one make grovel tea? Earl grey for that May grey?
4. The domed/more concave one the spout base is way up the gunwhale. Looks like it would bog on those late pour-offs.
5. Do you have different leash strings for them?
6. Have you had that range appraised? Or put it on Antiques Roadshow?
7. The one with the circular handle looks like it actually has more depth than the other, which seems to have a wider base. Is one more for drive when it's walled and flat-faced, and the other you bust out when you still want hold, but you're brewing more top to bottom?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
a Electric kettle broke. Bought new one, mom-in-law gave us old stove top same afternoon because she already had extra kettle. Years later am unable to donate mom-in-law kettle.
b 'lectric kettle square top, and is used the most for all manner of hot beverages.
c am more a rooibos tea guy or Lapsang souchong than earl gray, but good tea is good tea.
d 'lectric kettle has poor weld seam and drips when pours if there is too much water in it Extreme pour makes it worse.
e No string on the stove top. Cord acts as string on other one.
f O'Keefe and Merritt gas stove with patented Grillevator rotisserie. Wish the elevating rotisserie motor still worked. Solid state tech from the 50s. 4 burners with center griddle. We could sell off parts of of it for big bucks and then buy a new one that might not need need matches to light
f1 link
f2 link
f3 link
g circular handle (stove top) is best for slow people who need noise and fury to get going, the wide base allows for maximum energy exchange and escaping spray does make for better photoshoots. but when you need things done and don't mind hazardous potential of electricity with water mixing, squared off handle is the way to go.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit