CA gas prices

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
When are you demanding those 100 ft affordable housing high rises to the west of your place?

Get a commuter train running through your neighborhood too.
Why would anyone demand that? What need is there for that?

Commuter train would be cool, though there's already a pretty useful/used bus.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I just googled California Governor. It said Gavin Newsome. That Gavin.

You asked if the price of gas was more relevant for someone who drives 100 miles/week vs. someone who drives 10. I said f--k whoever drives 100 miles a week, because I don't care what their problems are, the same way they don't care what mine are.

GWS quotes my post where I said f--k 100 mile drivers, and he told me to try (you liked this post as well; did you not understand it?) and I responded that Gavin, meaning Gavin Newsome, the Governor of California, has already done the rogering about the holes.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Link?

He stated people only leave cities because of blacks.

Do you agree with that?

That's not what he said.

There's plenty of information about the factors that led to the formation of American suburbs, and it's undeniable that main drivers were white flight and government social engineering as a response to (unwanted) urban integration.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Why would anyone demand that? What need is there for that?
Less sprawl
Less need for a car.
Less greenhouse gases spewed.
More affordability.

Need to start building up, not out.
More businesses would eventually come to your hamlet to serve the fast growing population.

Pretty soon you'd have the hustle and bustle of an NYC style neighborhood.

Commuter train would be cool, though there's already a pretty useful/used bus.
I'm guessing that bus is what you and the family usually take for outings?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I just googled California Governor. It said Gavin Newsome. That Gavin.

You asked if the price of gas was more relevant for someone who drives 100 miles/week vs. someone who drives 10. I said f--k whoever drives 100 miles a week, because I don't care what their problems are, the same way they don't care what mine are.

GWS quotes my post where I said f--k 100 mile drivers, and he told me to try (you liked this post as well; did you not understand it?) and I responded that Gavin, meaning Gavin Newsome, the Governor of California, has already done the rogering about the holes.
Tough day in the salt mines? Maybe take a nice drive?

• Haha
Reactions: GWS_2

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Do you have any guns in the office?

Business must be slow, huh?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Is there such a thing as a surfer that doesn't drive over a hundred miles a week?

*giggle*

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Less sprawl
Less need for a car.
Less greenhouse gases spewed.
More affordability.

Need to start building up, not out.
More businesses would eventually come to your hamlet to serve the fast growing population.

Pretty soon you'd have the hustle and bustle of an NYC style neighborhood.

I'm guessing that bus is what you and the family usually take for outings?

There is not sprawl here. I don't think tall buildings reduce greenhouse gases. This makes no sense at all.

So, greatly increase the population? And then hope that jobs for these people will follow? That's the opposite of how it usually works.

We do not usually take the bus for outings.

But gas is too cheap.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That's not what he said.

There's plenty of information about the factors that led to the formation of American suburbs, and it's undeniable that main drivers were white flight and government social engineering as a response to (unwanted) urban integration.
That's only part of it (you know this) and has minimal to do with why people live in suburbs today.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Tough day in the salt mines? Maybe take a nice drive?
???

I'm not sure why having a different point of view or different priorities than other people means I had a rough day in the salt mines.

I happen to disagree with you, casa_mugrienta, ifallalot, apparently GWS, etc. about using a gas tax to influence policy, and I don't care about the side effects of it.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
That's only part of it (you know this) and has minimal to do with why people live in suburbs today.
What other part do you think was a bigger factor?

Why do you think people live in suburbs today? (Other than that gas is cheap.)

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
I'm in the suburbs.

I see black people. Brown people even.

Rice lives in Pleasantville.
Ventura is not the suburbs though I suppose like all of SoCal its being swallowed by the LA metroplex.