CA Beaches Done

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
I was thinking of asking R32 to post this simple outline as a PSA for the political forum. I figured I'd run it by here to see if anyone has any input/thoughts.

Basically, the intent is two-fold: (1) to demonstrate the futility of political debate when differences of opinion are essentially faith based ie no different than religious disagreements; and (2) if people must insist on engaging in fruitless, time wasting activities, at least - for doG's sake - be a little creative.

Using the keyword index provided below, one can quickly provide editorial critique with respect to potentially prolix laden polemics, and encourage violators to at least refrain from the greatest sin of all - being simultaneously boorish & boring.

PS Pragmatists are those who don't give a sh!t one way or another; they simply utilize a dominant theme to advance their own interests. In this regard, they are aligned with political opportunists who also play the manipulation game for personal, selfish reasons.

Outline

PolicyNationalistNWO/Globalist
ToolsBorders
Domestic production
Tax relief
Immigation
Offshoring
Welfare - UBI/EBT
ThemeDefenders of life, liberty & pursuit of happinessVictims of dominant socio-economic culture
StereotypesIndependent
Freedom
Individual
Self reliant
Dependent
Safety
Group/Collective
Community
OpportunistGOPDNC
Racist (Hate target)Feminists, minorities & illegalsWhite, Xian men
SupportersWhite, Xian menFeminists, minorities & illegals
PragmatistCapitalistCommunist
AlarmistEvangelical 2nd comingAGW/Population
IndustriesOil & Gas
MIC
Media
Tech
MedicalGene mods - soldiersVaccines - pop control
DiseaseChemicalBiological
R&DMilitary weaponryMedia manipulation
EnemyCCPRussia
AllyRussiaCCP

Trolling (keywords)

Passive aggressive
Conduct disorders
Oppositionally defiant
Nihilist
Anxious
Non conformist
Learning impaired
Self centered
Anti social
Depressed

Techniques (universal)

Denial
Challenge source(s)
Accuse (reason)
Imply (motivation)
Ridicule
Isolate/ID
Appeal to authority
Claim (information/knowledge)

Reactions: PRCD

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
I'm not going to overreact just yet.

It's been a total sh!t SHOW with hardly any coordination even on the local levels. Having one beach open and others around it closed just makes the situation worse. Not to mention lifeguards, cops, and politicians all on a different page. If we're being honest, it wasn't working in SD county the past week or so and could have been handled better.

Here's what I'm hoping happens: Governor Newsom tells us that they're shutting all the beaches down for a week or so while they coordinate a total response with all cities and counties doing the same thing when the beaches reopen in a week for physical activity. That way we can keep the beaches open indefinitely by giving everyone a chance to formulate a plan together and get on the same page.

I'd love for someone to tell me why that wouldn't be a good idea.

Reactions: nyskid

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If we're being honest, it wasn't working in SD county the past week or so and could have been handled better.
What did I miss?

I surfed really fun waves at one of the most popular beaches in the city several days this week at all times of the day. Minimal competition for waves.

I expected to see people breaking the rules but saw nothing but compliance TBH.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Religious worship is important to religious people such as Muslims, Jews and - last and clearly least - Christians. On one hand, we don't want to get Grandma sick with COVID. On the other hand, how long do we suspend in-person religious worship given that viruses are normally seasonal and this one has an IFR about equivalent to the seasonal flu (unless we continue to pad the deaths from COVID upward)?

To religious people, online worship is a stop-gap measure, not a permanent one. Governor Patrick Bateman is opening daycares and schools in phase 2 and pushing in-person religious services to phase 3 which he said is "months, not weeks away."
Yeah school and daycare are necessary. Group imaginary friend time isn't.

I still agree with you though. The single most important thing during a pandemic should be Abrahamaic monotheists indoors in close quarters.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

I still agree with you though. The single most important thing during a pandemic should be Abrahamaic monotheists indoors in close quarters.
I'm an outright atheist and I find what you said disgusting. We have freedoms here. You can freely go fvck yourself if you want to try to stop religious congregation.

Any congregation for that matter. Now that it's California beaches, a lot more of you sound like I did when this shlt started :ROFLMAO:

Political bullshlt games, not science, logic, or reason. Newsom is a witless dishcloth and the entire collection of sweet and delicious bag of pickles around him don't know what it means to try to help. It's a right-left battle to see who gets their way. As our country has been for years, to our continued detriment.

Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Since we're in agreement, it sounds like you're calling on us to RESIST, or at least petition the magistrate.

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
What did I miss?

I surfed really fun waves at one of the most popular beaches in the city several days this week at all times of the day. Minimal competition for waves.

That's cool that you had a good experience. I had the same experience too - some people breaking the rules here and there, but overall people were doing a good job. I was impressed.

However, you talk to cops and lifeguards and they're not on the same page, people are confused why some beaches are closed (state beaches) and others are open. Hell, I had a cop tell me Beacons was closed because the bluff was dangerous from all the rain, not because of COVID-19. I suppose that's the stuff you missed.

What's wrong with making sure we have a coordinated effort from the top down? I'm sure all parties involved would appreciate the clarity. I'm confident if we had a better plan in place (similar to Hawaii) with everyone on board and informed we would have had the beaches open sooner and we wouldn't be seeing them closing now.

Reactions: Kento

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
What did I miss?

Agreed. Everything in my neck of the woods is civil. It feels like people want to be able to enjoy it and are respecting the rules.

Side note: I got burned pretty (very) bad on one wave. Didn't care. Rode it till the end with the guy in front of me then kicked out paddled away. A couple waves later I wind up near (MORE THEN 6 FEET AWAY) the guy and he apologized. We agreed we were both just glad to be surfing. Hopefully we can continue...

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
You're an outright whiny pussy. Why don't you freely lick the backside of my nutsack.
I'm bi so I might actually enjoy that. Do you keep it relatively clean? I like just a little residual sweat so I can get that salty/cheesy aroma.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
A confident plan in place? with everyone on board and informed? Forgot to log in as Bhoter?

Super66

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 24, 2019
California did everything right, shutting down the state before it needed to. Deaths per 100,000: 5.

Florida and Texas did everything wrong, acting too late, leaving beaches open. Deaths per 100,000: Florida: 6, Texas: 3.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm bi so I might actually enjoy that. Do you keep it relatively clean? I like just a little residual sweat so I can get that salty/cheesy aroma.
Frontal passage was this morning and it's clear and dry. All my relatives in Florida have Covid-19 comorbidities, so I'd say cleanliness has reached a local maxima, but I clean it myself; it's not relatively cleaned.

As the spring progresses into summer, there will be all kinds of salty/cheesy/swampy aroma. It'll basically become tadpole and gator jizzum stew liberally salted, and with a heaping helping of limberger.

• Love
Reactions: encladd

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Man I'm frustrated beyond words, it seems like Newsom's fragile ego took a blow when people were finally able to go to the beach? So in return he has to flex his muscle, in this case I wish Newsom would take the Presidents advice, catch some UV rays with some disinfectant. How much better has his response been to the pandemic than Trump's, where are the tests, how is the state's unemployment assistance working out for people? I'm afraid this pandemic just saved his political career, now he'll never have to shoulder any responsibility for PG&E, the drought, and the homeless crisis, that the most expensive state to live in is facing?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
However, you talk to cops and lifeguards and they're not on the same page, people are confused why some beaches are closed (state beaches) and others are open.
The lifeguards don't want the beaches open.

I've seen several of their posts on social media. One was a lifeguard relating a story about how there were all these patients dying of COVID 19 at a hospital where his wife works (it was a lie - I'm privy to the COVID 19 census numbers at that hospital - there were never more than a few COVID 19 patients admitted there) and using that to justify keeping it closed.

That said,

I wonder if these lifeguards are aware about how lifeguards in the UK are now being laid off en masse?:)

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Man I'm frustrated beyond words, it seems like Newsom's fragile ego took a blow when people were finally able to go to the beach? So in return he has to flex his muscle, in this case I wish Newsom would take the Presidents advice, catch some UV rays with some disinfectant. How much better has his response been to the pandemic than Trump's, where are the tests, how is the state's unemployment assistance working out for people? I'm afraid this pandemic just saved his political career, now he'll never have to shoulder any responsibility for PG&E, the drought, and the homeless crisis, that the most expensive state to live in is facing?
Just wait.

It's going to be a long, hot summer.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
California did everything right, shutting down the state before it needed to. Deaths per 100,000: 5.

Florida and Texas did everything wrong, acting too late, leaving beaches open. Deaths per 100,000: Florida: 6, Texas: 3.

The fools, if only they had listened!