CA Beaches Done

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Judging from the increase in traffic and neighborhood activity I'm seeing I'm not sure I agree with you.

But I still stand by my prediction beaches will remain closed until 2022.
same. some people are starting to bug out and its reflected in an increase in activity on the coast. mostly just drivers here. going along slow as fuch with the windows down and cells out. like they are going to go home and relive the share.

but... its the minority. mostly scared, comfy and safe in my chair folks in this state. check the beer/soda chips and cookies sales. mass people taking to the streets won't happen until gav takes the internet away

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I think so.

Meanwhile the San Ysidro border crossing is wide open - no social distancing going on in TJ - no health screening at the border. 2 hr wait time yesterday.

But yeah, we're gonna yank the beaches because of Newport Beach.

Lets see if any communities have the balls to defy the governor's order.
The enforcement of mandatory travel is really weak.

I can't believe how **** poor all levels of gvt have handled this.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Yeah. How long can families with kids stay inside? Mine are out playing with the other kids on the street. We're going to have a little bonfire in front this weekend, while of course maintaining social distancing. I can't live the rest of my life inside and I can't ignore my neighbors forever. Gavin's house is so expansive it's easier for him to be indoors with his children and domestic staff.
The kids across the freeway have built two BMX tracks in vacant lots while this has been going on. I see them every day with shovels and buckets. They were even working in the rain.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Yup.

We've seen the photos. Check out the current wait times.

SD County Health department said there's a direct correlation between the increase in border traffic and case numbers in San Diego.

Hospital CEOs have sent a letter to the feds (city/county officials have no balls and don't want to step on TJ government's toes). We'll see how it plays out.

Because as long as that border crossing stays open San Diego will never reopen.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I don't get the rationale.
It's punishment for the OC Board of Supervisors. Gavvy doesn't like that they've been defying his since the beginning

Meanwhile, even with the more relaxed orders in Orange County, there's only 2k cases in a county of 3 million

I'll be at the beach this weekend regardless

I’ve been surfing Huntington with the hoards even after the heavy rain. There’s been no outbreaks. Open all the beaches for water access. Man this is gonna suck.
4th of July crowds every day

All because nowhere else is open

Simple supply and demand

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The kids across the freeway have built two BMX tracks in vacant lots while this has been going on. I see them every day with shovels and buckets. They were even working in the rain.
I'm torn. I want to do more of this but mine already went OTB once and got a displaced ulnar fracture that required surgery. I moved out of the county where my surgeon friend lives. My boys need to learn some ukemi-waza before they get too airborne until the elective surgeries start up again.

People are having trouble accepting we're a banana republic.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
this is all rice's fault.

he's probably been camped out on the beach at Pismo for weeks now ramping his ATV over endangered plovers, crushing cases of Coors light, and rocking a metal mulisha tank top.

Why are you playing this crap up?

I watched the video. I saw:

- Cop doing his job telling people to socially distance in a line waiting for food.
- Obvious lens trickery with a a photographer intentionally making the beach look more crowded than it was.
- A video of a beach with a sparse amount of humans.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
It's punishment for the OC Board of Supervisors. Gavvy doesn't like that they've been defying his since the beginning

Meanwhile, even with the more relaxed orders in Orange County, there's only 2k cases in a county of 3 million

I'll be at the beach this weekend regardless

4th of July crowds every day

All because nowhere else is open

Simple supply and demand
Red lee has set up shop at 17th!!! No one has died. No one has gotten sick. There’s been no fights!!! Someone send the message to Gavin surfing is not dangerous!!

Reactions: Ifallalot

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
I was waiting for something like this to happen. I feel like there will be a lot of backlash, hopefully from the right people in charge of our counties. Governor Douche-som can suck it

Looks like SD County Supervisors Dianne Jacob and Greg Cox have both written letters to Newsome, urging him to reconsider and in Jacob's case to 'immediately rescind' his decision.

She added 'We know our region best, and you should instead be looking at ways to offer greater flexibility as we tackle this issue at a local level'

What a sh!t show, all the way around.

In other news, SD County has extended the stay-at-home order, indefinitey.

(n):poop::poop:(n)

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Looks like SD County Supervisors Dianne Jacob and Greg Cox have both written letters to Newsome, urging him to reconsider and in Jacob's case to 'immediately rescind' his decision.

She added 'We know our region best, and you should instead be looking at ways to offer greater flexibility as we tackle this issue at a local level'

What a sh!t show, all the way around.

In other news, SD County has extended the stay-at-home order, indefinitey.

(n):poop::poop:(n)
Call your local officials and give them your opinion. No one's doing that. Everyone's expecting this problem to be solved at the state, federal or orbital level. Subsidiarity, people.

Like the Left has been saying for 4 years: "RESIST!"

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
BTW, it seems like the definition of "crowd" seems to be shrinking by the week.

This is common in countries where a military dictatorship is put into place...often more than two people walking together on the street is considered a "crowd."

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Call your local officials and give them your opinion. No one's doing that. Everyone's expecting this problem to be solved at the state, federal or orbital level. Subsidiarity, people.
I have been calling over the past two weeks.

No answer.

Everyone is working from home.

How convenient.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Why are you playing this crap up?

I watched the video. I saw:

- Cop doing his job telling people to socially distance in a line waiting for food.
- Obvious lens trickery with a a photographer intentionally making the beach look more crowded than it was.
- A video of a beach with a sparse amount of humans.
lol. that was a joke.