Bobby Quad

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
AM large with 375 rears, size down front with less rake but similar base if not loose, or if fins don't break free,, afterwards if too drivey begin to reduce base until balance of drive and loose, if lighter weight 'er start small larges or big meds in front, Other options are like Stretch set that may be more reactive fins with drive from all fins and pivot/slide from whole tail more like a shortboard than fishier feel of larger fronts smaller rears, Stretchy kine may be better option for skinnier legs or light footed , dudes rip small waves either combo and sometimes surprise selves trying one when only thought other

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Kaito surfs it well. I like his fin setup. Looks like a fishy style board with that fin setup.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
in case you end up buying the 5'2 XTR... :p

• Wow
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

Those fins look sick!! They should have come up with a better name though. Sounds too much like twaht!

surfMOMster

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 18, 2003
Redondo Ave's

I'm still trying out different fin sets in my 5'3" Wrecking Ball, but so far I'm liking the TWAD set the best.
I was hesitant to buy them because I felt that the surface area of the front twins might be too much for my weight. But I really wanted those small quad rears. I'd not seen any available for sale in that size. If not for the Black Friday deal on the Captain Fin website, I wouldn't have bought them. Stoked that I did though.
They're a real nice set of fins, made of solid fiberglass with some good weight to them, having lot of drive yet feeling very loose as well.

There's a set for sale on eBay right now.
Captain Fin Co CI/Former Twad/Twin Futures

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm still trying out different fin sets in my 5'3" Wrecking Ball, but so far I'm liking the TWAD set the best.
I was hesitant to buy them because I felt that the surface area of the front twins might be too much for my weight. But I really wanted those small quad rears. I'd not seen any available for sale in that size. If not for the Black Friday deal on the Captain Fin website, I wouldn't have bought them. Stoked that I did though.
They're a real nice set of fins, made of solid fiberglass with some good weight to them, having lot of drive yet feeling very loose as well.

There's a set for sale on eBay right now.
Captain Fin Co CI/Former Twad/Twin Futures
How are you liking the 5'0" BQ?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
@Scott Ando you should really re-release the OG Pod! What a fantastic board. I know the Bobby Quad is the current thing, but it looks weird. And the Rocket Wide used to be the thing, but it’s not really on racks as much now. The rnf96 has cornered the market on easy to ride, but rippable every man’s board. All while you’ve been sitting on the OG Pod for 15yrs.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@Scott Ando you should really re-release the OG Pod! What a fantastic board. I know the Bobby Quad is the current thing, but it looks weird. And the Rocket Wide used to be the thing, but it’s not really on racks as much now. The rnf96 has cornered the market on easy to ride, but rippable every man’s board. All while you’ve been sitting on the OG Pod for 15yrs.
I’ll second this motion.

And please, make it the same as the original.

Reactions: sdsrfr