Bobby Quad

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Wizard sleeve is a good wave board.

FWIW during the 2010-2011 winter (with the exception of a handful of huge days) I rode only two boards.

The Pod and The Wizard Sleeve. Both stock 5’8

Pod for up to around shoulder high and the WS for everything above that up as large as I could catch.

i was in full ironman shape so my paddling ability was at a lifetime best.

That was my peak of surfing, it’s been down hill ever since….:cry:
The wizard sleeve is a 5'4" and the guy selling it says it was made for Bobby Martinez. Im really interested in trying that model because Tomo created his "Wizard Slayer" in response to that model (and to get Kelly's attention) and it looks like a sick board! The hesitancy is because it sounds like its intended for good waves and the Pod Mod looks like its a better groveler/all arounder and everyone has great things to say about the Pod Mod. :unsure:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The wizard sleeve is a 5'4" and the guy selling it says it was made for Bobby Martinez. Im really interested in trying that model because Tomo created his "Wizard Slayer" in response to that model (and to get Kelly's attention) and it looks like a sick board! The hesitancy is because it sounds like its intended for good waves and the Pod Mod looks like its a better groveler/all arounder and everyone has great things to say about the Pod Mod. :unsure:
Maybe duffy can get Britt to sign your daniel jersey:shrug:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I decided on the Wizard Sleeve. I'll post a pic for Oeste when I get it. Might have to bless it with a Firewire sticker.
Sweet.

I my experience it likes being a quad. My custom WSs have been dedicated quads.

Those boards are very sensitive. With the correct inputs there are no limits but it will punish mistakes without mercy.

Reactions: ReForest

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
At least it was genuinely crap surf. It seems like every groveler board review I've seen is not in grovely waves.
True.

There was zero climb and drop acceleration.

Just a lot of desperate pumping at the bottom of the wave to try and get some water flow through the fins/aft hull.

Looked like log/min-sims surf to me.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Interestingly, the Pod Mod came up as a topic in Noel's new series. Pretty good episode IMO.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Bro. How are liking your new CI??
The Wizard Sleeve was super yellow and had some dings that weren't mentioned. It wasn't worth the money so i passed on it.
The Pod Mod still might be an option, but I really had my heart set on the WS.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The Wizard Sleeve was super yellow and had some dings that weren't mentioned. It wasn't worth the money so i passed on it.
The Pod Mod still might be an option, but I really had my heart set on the WS.
Let me see if I can scrounge up a WS or OG Pod for you.

I’ll know by tomorrow.

5’4?

Reactions: ReForest