Board test for the every day surfer

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Speaking of Hemsworth, it seems like putting a tailpad on is stressful to everyone, whether you've made millions on your last movie, or laying bricks ... we all have the moment of "ohshitfuck" when you place it

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Speaking of Hemsworth, it seems like putting a tailpad on is stressful to everyone, whether you've made millions on your last movie, or laying bricks ... we all have the moment of "ohshitfuck" when you place it

With fisher and his cackle in the background too . I would lose it

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I think the Cattleman might be the one. Been lookin their site for hours. haha.
Gonna order one for me and wife (that way i dont get in too much trouble for ordering an expensive hat for myself).
Thanks Waxfoot.
What sizes and colours are you after? I know a guy who sells them so may be able to get a decent price for 2.

Reactions: ReForest

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I thought these board test videos were good. Pretty decent production value for a Youtube dude. Nice to ride them in a consistent wave even if it is a pool, and he's taking the finalists to the ocean on the next episode. The ones that stood out to me were the Album, the Sharpeye, and BV2. Was cool to see the frame by frame comparison of the Twinsman with the Red Baron, shoutout to that pushed-back twin fin placement.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What sizes and colours are you after? I know a guy who sells them so may be able to get a decent price for 2.
Darkish brown. Thanks mate.

I left the 2 hats in the cart and Akubra sent me a $20 off that expires in a few days. haha. Nice touch.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I'm curious to watch the final video. I surf similar enough to Kale and have two board experiences that mirror his (really liked the Cohort, couldn't wait to get off the Sub Driver 2.0) that I'm now interested in checking out an Album Twinsman,

The Sharp Eye looked spicy as well. A very good local surfer, Matt Meistrell (one of the several Body Glove family Meistrell's that rip), has been absolutely annihilating waves on a Sharp Eye Storms model recently. He was consistently on CI's the past few years and just grabbed the Sharp Eye on a whim at Dive & Surf. His surfing has gone into a different gear IMO on the Sharp Eye.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
yeah this guy is barely avg in ability. pretty much a borderline kook

I suggest you watch the Surfline cam of Lower Trestles pretty much anytime there are waves. There are no shortage of guys who can put together three or four front side hacks on a lined up wave.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I suggest you watch the Surfline cam of Lower Trestles pretty much anytime there are waves. There are no shortage of guys who can put together three or four front side hacks on a lined up wave.
Do you not know how sample sizes work, and how using a skewed one can distort results?

To make an extreme example to illustrate my point, an observer at a pro tour location pre-comp, can say that Kale is a dogshit surfer "because the average guy and girl out there in the last 2 weeks surf so much better than him".

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Bra, we got ours, Cali edition.

Those are actually pretty good. Wish they weren’t “pumpkin spice“ colorway tho.
I’ve had the vans skate hi with the faux sheep fur lining the last few years. No one can even tell they are super cozy on the inside.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I need to move to AUS where it's socially acceptable for men to wear sheepskin Ugg boots.
There were at least two statements I made to my brother in law (who has lived here a long time) that I've done a complete 180 on since I've moved to AUS.

" I will never ever wear Ugg sheepskin boots", being the most notable.

they are the best thing ever.