Blank shortage

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I just keep telling myself I have no room for more boards unless one breaks. Also possibly time to buy a 20 or 40' storage container.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
eh, i think it was just the hoiday rush, things were fine a month ago. I got a new wetty no problem, the booties I wanted were in stock..I judt lagged on putting my board order in by a week too late.
eh i dont think so. kid works at surf shop and its been backorder city all fall.

3 million new covid sarfars worldwide. just think how many resin tint middys ci could move if they had their sh!t together

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Loved the King Mac foam way back when. Super hard! you could glass UV w a single 4 deck and bottom and super light and strong. I still have a board glassed this way and it is magic! Haven't seean any foam close to it since....

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Loved the King Mac foam way back when. Super hard! you could glass UV w a single 4 deck and bottom and super light and strong. I still have a board glassed this way and it is magic! Haven't seean any foam close to it since....
I remember you showing me that board. I was sure that thing was a disposable with that glassing schedule. That was a looooong time ago now.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I remember you showing me that board. I was sure that thing was a disposable with that glassing schedule. That was a looooong time ago now.
Yeah! the funny part was, the last 14-18" of the nose was at least 1/2" off with a crooked stringer. After shaping it to look 'normal' it turned out to be one of my best shortboards to this day! It never yellowed like some have, just normal. Still have it semi retired in the rafters.

BTW, what are you milling these days? How are those options? Shortage for you and your clients?
and
Whose glassing in town these days as well?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Yeah! the funny part was, the last 14-18" of the nose was at least 1/2" off with a crooked stringer. After shaping it to look 'normal' it turned out to be one of my best shortboards to this day! It never yellowed like some have, just normal. Still have it semi retired in the rafters.

BTW, what are you milling these days? How are those options? Shortage for you and your clients?
and
Whose glassing in town these days as well?
609. Scott L. in John's old place. Rob will pick up a little work here and there. Stan is still putting in work up with Haakenson, but I haven't really talked with him about it much.

Everybody is buried. Most of what I cut yesterday was Millennium. A few Arctics. And some left over USB's. USB was supposed to drop 35 yesterday, but the truck didn't show. Someone told me they took them all to Fiberglass Hawaii and they'll deliver them in a day or two. And yes, the blank shortage has slowed things down. Which is welcome. Lately you can cut 20 and during the time you do that, 40 more orders walk through the door. It starts getting old.

Strange days.

Reactions: Mr J and JBerry

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Is this recently, or was it before or at the beginning of covid? As far I as know costco hasn't had any wavestorms in a year. Just curios
My local Costco has them now.

And yes, I see them on Craigslist for $200+.

I sold my VERY used one about 4 months ago for $150 a couple hours after posting it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Seeing lots of guys out just sitting around happy to be there not really catching waves lol
Yeah, surfed a nearby point (not ledbetter) recently. Waves were about 4 foot (duffy scale, aka actual size) and there was around 20 people out. Four or five of us were catching waves. The rest?

watching us I guess.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
all the covid wfh kooks who have been surfing less than 1 yr on wavestorms now want hardboars so they can post on insta. packs of bro brah entitled beginners paddling out clogging up every peak in socal. 75 ppl out on a shitty peak at dawn on a small day. shake my fkn head
Come back at 8:30

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc