Black Lives Splatter

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
GDaddy- my original question was 2 "against" !! )

you changed it to "FOR" !! )

I just went with that !! ) :shrug:

sirfun said:
GDaddy said:
sirfun said:
would y'all be more supportive of BLM if they were protesting

RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM

instead of

racism ?? ) :shrug:
Fck no, I wouldn't be supportive of advocates for any other cause, and neither should you or anyone else.
NOT EVEN THE POLICE BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION ?? ) :shrug:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I'm not clear what you're saying here. You asked if I would be supportive of BLM if they advocated for a different cause and I responded that I wouldn't be supportive of advocates for any other cause.

So to clarify

The subject of the phrase "advocates for any other cause" is the advocates, not their cause.

So when you responded with "not even the police benevolence association" I read that as a direct reference to the "advocates" I referred to because those associations are comprised of people, (and thus the subject of my prior comment); and they are specifically not a cause ( like the terrorism or racism of your original question).

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
sirfun said:
GDaddy said:
Ah, got it. My bad.

Exactly which hypothetical parallels to BLM are you asking about? The reason I ask is because I don't think most people actually object to BLM's right to protest in general. AFAICT most of the objections come at some of their demands and some of the modes they use to perform those protests.
yeah
mlk was a master statagist

blm-not so much !! )

http://theundefeated.com/features/can-america-make-black-lives-matter-without-making-white-lives-better/
MLK's whole gig was letting other people be the bad guys. He'd push them to act violently against his movement in order to call them out and gain support. BLM is taking the opposite route and will be less successful because of it.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Occupy didn't make a dent on the public conscience, except to **** a lot of people off.

It's unfortunate that they didn't choose to protest at the federal law enforcement agencies that are technically tasked with investigating and regulating Wall Street, because if they had I think they would have racked up a lot of public support.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
Hey I tried to keep the conversation civil
Quick to edit out the present tense.

At least your making an effort to be honest.
:roflmao:

I tried to make it grammatically correct.

If you start spouting personal stuff, I'll swing back, naturally.

I try to mock the opinions, not the person.
Somebody else almost always swings first. :shrug:

:foreheadslap:

Your vitriolic manner and name calling are what made you legendary here. Your standard argument is the ad hominem regardless if the other person "swings first."

Mindboggling.
What ad hominem? Show me one in this thread.

Also, get off my dick already.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
GDaddy said:
You asked if I would be supportive of BLM if they advocated for a different cause
NO-if they PROTESTED a different ISM !! )

(not a subtle difference !! )

and totally removed from the blocking the freeway tactic !! )

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:

Your vitriolic manner and name calling are what made you legendary here. Your standard argument is the ad hominem regardless if the other person "swings first."

Mindboggling.
:sleep:

I'm not going to go dredging through 20 pages to find an example of what everyone has already witnessed ad nauseum. Over your career you've done it over and over in thread after thread.

There's another one of your defining characteristics.

An obsession with interjecting a penis into the discussion. Fcking weird. :crazy2:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
You asked if I would be supportive of BLM if they advocated for a different cause

NO-if they PROTESTED a different ISM !! )

(not a subtle difference !! )

and totally removed from the blocking the freeway tactic !! )
And the relevance of the question is...? They're advocating (or protesting, your choice) for a certain worldview.

Would I be supportive if they protested peanut butter? I suppose it depends on whether or not I liked peanut butter. If the topic of debate is the legitimacy of the different modes of protest being used then who cares what the cause is?

If the topic of the debate is the cause itself then - as you say - that's a completely different question.

Would I support them if they protested radical islamism? I suppose it depends on how they did it. I don't think the ends justify the means.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GD, why is motive and content so important to you in all of these discussions? What does it matter if they're protesting peanut butter or Islam or Santa Clause? The result to drivers is the same. Similar to people who shoot cops - what does it matter if they're evil Muslims or just standard bad guys? Result is the same.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:

Mindboggling.
:sleep:

I'm not going to go dredging through 20 pages to find an example of what everyone has already witnessed ad nauseum. Over your career you've done it over and over in thread after thread.

There's another one of your defining characteristics.

An obsession with interjecting a penis into the discussion. Fcking weird. :crazy2:
In other words, you are full of sh!t as usual.

"Get off my dick" is a metaphor dummy.

But really, get off it.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Anybody see the video of the anarchy protestors in SanDiego getting splattered on the freeway? Why do these dum dums think it's smart to block a freeway let alone attempt it at night? Hope the girl has to pay for the car damage for purposely causing an accident.

chrisolden

Miki Dora status
Sep 4, 2007
Room 429
GromsDad said:
Anybody see the video of the anarchy protestors in SanDiego getting splattered on the freeway? Why do these dum dums think it's smart to block a freeway let alone attempt it at night? Hope the girl has to pay for the car damage for purposely causing an accident.
This sign says it all about California freeways;

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F458414127678772%2Fvideos%2F585513158302201%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>