Big Wednesday coming on 12/2/20

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
should being the operative word. never get my hopes up too high for big long period wests. esp in norcal. spots are going to be overloaded for the most part
this sounds like every hurricane swell to ever hit NJ. anything over 10 seconds with any E in it makes for a tough time. best to travel.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Magic Seaweed calling Mavericks 15-26' on Thur evening and Fri morning. :drowning:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
kookweed is so lame. has an 8.5 @19 peaking to 10@17 out of the west at my wnw facing fully exposed local producing a surf height of 7-12' on thursday afternoon.

come on up everybody. gonna be epic head to doh. oh yeah. bring you 6-1 ghost and shred it up!

never mind the guys out the back stepping off skis, or the ones with 9-6's paddling into 20' bombs. they just forgot to check the forecast. ask refros . he'll tell you. its all waaay overkill for the conditions

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
It got big fast before dark. I got cleaned up bad twice, once when I first paddled out and once that sent me in :roflmao:took the starch out of me. Rode a thick 7'9", not enough board to navigate that lineup.
Sunset? You got bigger huevos than me. Watched an outside roll through that mowed down the entire lineup before it got dark. Straight looked like it closed out all the way across to Kammies.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Doof

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It got big fast before dark. I got cleaned up bad twice, once when I first paddled out and once that sent me in :roflmao:took the starch out of me. Rode a thick 7'9", not enough board to navigate that lineup.
It looked like 12 foot and perfect right before dark on the cam. Saw a lot of people getting destroyed.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
It looked like 12 foot and perfect right before dark on the cam. Saw a lot of people getting destroyed.
I found some drone footage of Sunset from last night on YouTube. It looks awfully nice but too damn crowded. I was down the coast a bit and stayed out till sunset. Too crowded there too and it didn't help the the lifeguards stayed out in the line-up on the ski till dark. I did catch a few fun ones.
Buoy 1 is still 20' 17 sec, I may stick to the eastside if there's any wrap.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Satellite-verified 45-to-55 foot seas while tracking easterly across the basin. Unfortunately, the storm stayed strongest west of Hawaii but confidence is high for a larger, long-period WNW swell (285-305) to fill in through the day and peak late. Expect well overhead to double overhead surf for good breaks with focal points going 3-4x overhead on sets.

Note — select big-wave magnets hit 25-30′ on the face but expect some inconsistency due to how far away the storm took place. Light offshore wind in the mornings offers groomed conditions, before trending light N/NW wind by afternoon. Overall, a big and clean day of surf.

Friday, December 4th: Slowly fading but still 10-15′ in morning with more good conditions.
We’ll start to a fading trend through the day but still easily well overhead to double overhead in the morning with focal points even pushing larger early. Conditions remain good to excellent with light offshore wind in the morning, trending light N wind by the afternoon. Note — still pretty solid for anyone around the novice level in their surfing so know your limits.

Last edited: