Big Coal Poisoning WV Drinking Water

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
Moron. Same dumb argument as Democrats are the party of the KK because 100 years ago.
Not at all.
You're saying that because people from a certain county may have voted R that they somehow poisioned the water via their coal mining operation.

Which is of itself a stupid assumption.

I'm sayng that people voited 50-50 for R vs D across the entire state ovet the last 123 years.
I'm pretty sure counties dont have jurisdiction over how coal mines operate.

Moron.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Not at all.
You're saying that because people from a certain county may have voted R that they somehow poisioned the water via their coal mining operation.

Which is of itself a stupid assumption.

I'm sayng that people voited 50-50 for R vs D across the entire state ovet the last 123 years.
I'm pretty sure counties dont have jurisdiction over how coal mines operate.

Moron.
Trump ran on big coal and removing environmental regulations and they voted for it. You tough guy Alphas are always such whining victims, never take responsibility.

• Haha
Reactions: HatterasGlass

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
Trump ran on big coal and removing environmental regulations and they voted for it. You tough guy Alphas are always such whining victims, never take responsibility.
4 years of presidency poisoned the water?
Trump's fault eh?

You are a dumb troll.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
just wait until the resident WV expert gets here
I presume you're talking about me. When we purchased the property in 1989 there was no running water other than two massive cisterns which were set up to be filled by rain water of of the rooves of the house and barns. We were told that for the 100 years prior the residents got their drinking water from a natural spring about half way down to the valley and the cisterns were used for the livestock. My father wanting running water brought in a well drilling company and paid a bloody fukking fortune to get a well drilled 230 feet deep through layers of rock down to water. After all that, yes we had running water but it was terrible tasting. Even an expensive filter system wasn't enough. Wanna guess why?????
Because guess what you're drilling through in West Virginia when you drill down 230 feet. Coal deposits and other mineral deposits that make the water taste terrible and probably have natural nasties in it you probably wouldn't want to consume long term. After all that expense and effort to get a well drilling rig back to the house at the end of our steep slick mile long driveway the water out of the ground was no better than rain water out of the cisterns. Only usable to shower. We always brought our water from NJ.

PS: To my knowledge there isn't a coal mine within 15 miles of the property.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Is it a controversial statement to say the coal industry in Appalachia is gangrapetacular even by resource extraction industry standards and if some less Blankenshippy practices were in play maybe, I dunno, a place with a shitload of rain and a shitload of rivers could have the rivers not be slagged out carcinogens?

I mean it's not exactly Cleveland. They kind of had to try, hard, to fuck that place up.

Reactions: hal9000

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
You don't see any possible connection between Trump rolling back the Clean Water Act — specifically eliminating restrictions on pollution from coal plants — and water issues now occurring???
Not without any sort of any data whatsoever, other than Mundus' emotionpost.

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
Is it a controversial statement to say the coal industry in Appalachia is gangrapetacular even by resource extraction industry standards and if some less Blankenshippy practices were in play maybe, I dunno, a place with a shitload of rain and a shitload of rivers could have the rivers not be slagged out carcinogens?

I mean it's not exactly Cleveland. They kind of had to try, hard, to fuck that place up.
Likely.

The post that started this whole thing off was either an opinion or a non-sequitir.
I'm not sure which as no facts werer presented. Actually, no lies either so.......

Here we are.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Not without any sort of any data whatsoever, other than Mundus' emotionpost.
LOL. Sure. Cause your fact-less defense of Trump is pure pragmatism. So far here's all the evidence that's been provided:

In favor of Mundus' argument
Trump rolled back clean water Act and now water is dirty (again).

Against Mundus' argument
WV has voted democrat about 50% of the time since 1900.... buttttt not at all in past twenty some years.

In absence of more compelling evidence on either side.... I think Mundus has you beat.