Big Coal Poisoning WV Drinking Water

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There's nothing in my article about a "waterway", liar. I can see that it hit its mark though.

And by the way, your precious OBiden regime considers the puddles you consider off limits to be navigable waterways, subject to federal EPA control. The Supreme Court was forced to slap him back.

May 31, 2023: Supreme Court Limits Federal Authority Over Wetlands Under Clean Water Act
Oh you know about Sackett!

Such a case of Nimbyism going on there. Really where this all started. Maybe a good test case for Idaho whether they hate the ATF or their own neighbors more.

Now, as far as this case, sure, a potential issue but pretty sure any drinking water supply wells are prohibited within a certain range of industrial facility like that. Cadmium does have an MCL and RSL but not so sure about Telluride or the Cadmium Telluride compound.

However, I like where you are going with this. This should be regulated by the Fed EPA and a standard should be set based on relative toxicology. Maybe Texas can formulate their own surface water, soil, and groundwater screening levels.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Oh you know about Sackett!

Well yeah. I'm the guy who cited Sackett, dumbass.

Such a case of Nimbyism going on there. Really where this all started. Maybe a good test case for Idaho whether they hate the ATF or their own neighbors more.

Now, as far as this case, sure, a potential issue but pretty sure any drinking water supply wells are prohibited within a certain range of industrial facility like that. Cadmium does have an MCL and RSL but not so sure about Telluride or the Cadmium Telluride compound.

However, I like where you are going with this. This should be regulated by the Fed EPA and a standard should be set based on relative toxicology. Maybe Texas can formulate their own surface water, soil, and groundwater screening levels.

The issue in Sackett is obvious and simple. The Biden regime was trying to use CIVIL law to criminalize land owners without trying them in courts of law.

You are advocating that, in Fort Bend County, TX, the Biden regime does exactly what the Sacket decision prohibits. Yes, solar farms are potential environmental disasters. No, that fact doesn't turn a president into a dictator. The Supremes said that the fact that rain falls on private property does not give the Biden regime authority to do what you are advocating and direct their everyday operations.

Directly after the Sackett decision the Biden regime created a program which grants tax money to land owners for terracing and creating navigable waterways on their property so that the Biden regime could regain control. It's going over like a lead balloon.

You leftists are the guys who constantly recite that Trump is "a threat to our democracy" when in fact Biden is the threat to our democracy. Presidents don't have the authority to make laws or to punish landowners without charging them in court.

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, you cited it but does it mean you know WTF you are talking about?

First off, even if it's your property, you do not have carte blanche to do what you want and in some cases, you do need to pull permits, even in Idaho. So the Sackett's filled in this wetland ditch to expand their footprint, really encroaching more on their neighbors.

I have extraordinary doubts that the EPA stumbled on this on their own. My educated guess is a neighbor got pissy about what they were doing and ratted them out. There are a lot of assholes all around on this case.

So anyways, why are you so against protecting waterways from contaminants and other hazardous media? The water we drink and the fish that we eat are quite vital to our species' wellbeing.

This being said, I take a similar dim view of large public works projects that also play fast and loose with stormwater management, pollution control, etc.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
why are you so against protecting waterways from contaminants and other hazardous media?

Let me reintroduce myself to a liar. I am the guy who complained that a solar farm could be polluting a county's ground/drinking water.

I don't oppose prosecuting people who pollute. I oppose the Biden regime using pollution as an excuse to micro-manage what property owners do on their property without charging them in court. Why are you advocating turning a president into a dictator?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Let me reintroduce myself to a liar. I am the guy who complained that a solar farm could be polluting a county's ground/drinking water.

I don't oppose prosecuting people who pollute. I oppose the Biden regime using pollution as an excuse to micro-manage what property owners do on their property without charging them in court. Why are you advocating turning a president into a dictator?
Kraken say what?

Remove General Sherman from your eye before complaining about atoms in others.

Where did I say anything about turning Biden to a dictator? Are you hearing Lindell's sweet nothings in your ear?

Anyways, sure with Texas, collect soil and surface water samples, compare the results to respective screening levels, including leachability to groundwater. 6010B for cadmium - relatively cheap too. Not sure about the telluride aspect though. I don't know if it's regulated and no clue what you would use to analyze for it (probably $$$$) and there are a lot of chemicals in that category. Either way, if you find anything, you investigate further. Remediate once you figure it out. And no way you put a drinking water well within a certain radius of that area without a hydrologic study.

If an investigation on this isn't started, that's more on whichever agency is in charge over there, not necessarily on the Feds.

BTW, what they did isn't a criminal offense so much as civil, which was why they were given an Order to restore the site with $40K/day penalties for noncompliance.

Nixon has more to do with this than Biden.

And sorry, but if you cause a release and you are given a Cleanup and Abatement Order, you are doing cleanup and abatement. Go to court. You'll get BTFO. Don't be a polluting shithead and clean up your mess.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
BTW, what they did isn't a criminal offense so much as civil, which was why they were given an Order to restore the site with $40K/day penalties for noncompliance.

Polluting waterways IS in fact a criminal offense. Even if instead, as you say, pollution was a civil matter, you are advocating that the Biden regime take control of these peoples' property without having to prove their case in court. It took taking your side to the Supreme Court for them to tell you and Biden what I'm telling you, that you're full of sh!t, that you have no such authority.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Polluting waterways IS in fact a criminal offense. Even if instead, as you say, pollution was a civil matter, you are advocating that the Biden regime take control of these peoples' property without having to prove their case in court. It took taking your side to the Supreme Court for them to tell you and Biden what I'm telling you, that you're full of sh!t, that you have no such authority.
Just stop. You don't have a clue WTF you are talking about so you are going to listen.

The analytical results from the initial assessment are going to tell the tale you need. The funny thing about environmental cleanups is that it isn't really rocket science. When the gun is smoking, it's Hiroshima. Unless there is something scientifically egregious, any attorney with at least a luke-warm IQ would know it would be a very quick court case and not in their favor.

You know who usually direct the site assessments? It's not the government. It's the banks. If you are going to (re)finance a property/business, oh you bet your ass that you are drilling some borings and collecting soil and groundwater samples. Maybe soil vapor ones too. The good news is that bank financing also comes with insurance so if something gets missed, you aren't destroyed. If evidence of a release is observed, you are required to submit the analytical results along with a spill report to whichever regulatory agency has jurisdiction in that area. And guess what, you'll be investigating further or getting a lien (eventually) put on your property. Unless you are caught blatantly dumping or burying stuff you shouldn't, you will not suffer any fines or punishment.

A lot of these chemicals persist for a lot longer than the current property owners' lifespan. Vapor intrusion is an issue, especially if structures are unknowingly built over impacted subsurface soil/groundwater. Likewise, groundwater migrates, along with the contamination in it. So yeah, there is an authority at work here to protect peoples' drinking water and indoor air. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of non-CVOC laden drinking water.

And again, with the Idaho case, you had some assholes buy a vacant property in the middle of an established community, then fill in the wetland there to build over the top of it. It started as NIMBYism from a pissed-off neighbor. Why do you think the lot was vacant/unowned for so long in the first place? Is this a major environmental disaster? God no. Just remove the sh!t you put in the wetland without a permit. What is there to prove? Exhibit A: Before and Exhibit B: After? That's a fast 5 minutes. They could have saved themselves a LOT of trouble by just doing some due diligence before going forward with any of this. They were not going to have to pay any fines or do any jail time whatsoever - just dig out the material they threw in there and be done with it. Work with the building/planning department better next time, beg forgiveness for a workaround. But no, they had to be stubborn assholes over something so pissant. Entitled rich hicks are some of the worst.

The only reason this is seeing any visibility is because some clever think tank assholes see this case as a way to roll back the Clean Water Act to allow actual industrial polluters way more leeway than they deserve. Do we really want that? No we don't.

Remember when we could eat as much fish as we wanted without worrying about mercury poisoning? Think about that when it's the same with drinking water.

Reactions: slipped_disc

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Just stop. You don't have a clue WTF you are talking about so you are going to listen.

The analytical results from the initial assessment are going to tell the tale you need. The funny thing about environmental cleanups is that it isn't really rocket science. When the gun is smoking, it's Hiroshima. Unless there is something scientifically egregious, any attorney with at least a luke-warm IQ would know it would be a very quick court case and not in their favor.

You know who usually direct the site assessments? It's not the government. It's the banks. If you are going to (re)finance a property/business, oh you bet your ass that you are drilling some borings and collecting soil and groundwater samples. Maybe soil vapor ones too. The good news is that bank financing also comes with insurance so if something gets missed, you aren't destroyed. If evidence of a release is observed, you are required to submit the analytical results along with a spill report to whichever regulatory agency has jurisdiction in that area. And guess what, you'll be investigating further or getting a lien (eventually) put on your property. Unless you are caught blatantly dumping or burying stuff you shouldn't, you will not suffer any fines or punishment.

A lot of these chemicals persist for a lot longer than the current property owners' lifespan. Vapor intrusion is an issue, especially if structures are unknowingly built over impacted subsurface soil/groundwater. Likewise, groundwater migrates, along with the contamination in it. So yeah, there is an authority at work here to protect peoples' drinking water and indoor air. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of non-CVOC laden drinking water.

And again, with the Idaho case, you had some assholes buy a vacant property in the middle of an established community, then fill in the wetland there to build over the top of it. It started as NIMBYism from a pissed-off neighbor. Why do you think the lot was vacant/unowned for so long in the first place? Is this a major environmental disaster? God no. Just remove the sh!t you put in the wetland without a permit. What is there to prove? Exhibit A: Before and Exhibit B: After? That's a fast 5 minutes. They could have saved themselves a LOT of trouble by just doing some due diligence before going forward with any of this. They were not going to have to pay any fines or do any jail time whatsoever - just dig out the material they threw in there and be done with it. Work with the building/planning department better next time, beg forgiveness for a workaround. But no, they had to be stubborn assholes over something so pissant. Entitled rich hicks are some of the worst.

The only reason this is seeing any visibility is because some clever think tank assholes see this case as a way to roll back the Clean Water Act to allow actual industrial polluters way more leeway than they deserve. Do we really want that? No we don't.

Remember when we could eat as much fish as we wanted without worrying about mercury poisoning? Think about that when it's the same with drinking water.

You'd be surprised at how much I'm involved in this scenario. So shut the fuk up about what I know, because I know that you're so full of sh!t that you're attempting to cover that up with bluster.

The "Clean Water Act" is terrible legislation which places the onus of cleaning up PREVIOUS pollution on current property owners. And how does the cleanup work? The EPA contracts with contractors to cover up all pollution possible with dirt, and move the rest of the pollution to other locations. Whoopee.

Obama's EPA used its legal authority to kill off Colorado's Animas River using a mine cleanup as an excuse. Obama liked that so well that he presided over the Gulf Deepwater Horizon disaster, the world's worst environmental disaster.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The "Clean Water Act" is terrible legislation which places the onus of cleaning up PREVIOUS pollution on current property owners. And how does the cleanup work? The EPA contracts with contractors to cover up all pollution possible with dirt, and move the rest of the pollution to other locations. Whoopee.

Who else is going to clean it up if the previous owners disappear? This is precisely why the banks require due diligence. You buy suspect properties with cash and no due diligence, that's a risk you take.

If dig and haul is the extent of your environmental cleanup knowledge, you'd be better suited to shut the fuck up and listen to people that know better than you.

You might learn something in the process. It might also help you avoid falling for every stupid conspiracy theory in the book and getting routinely mocked for it. This is advice you should take.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
You'd be surprised at how much I'm involved in this scenario. So shut the fuk up about what I know, because I know that you're so full of sh!t that you're attempting to cover that up with bluster.

Obama's EPA used its legal authority to kill off Colorado's Animas River using a mine cleanup as an excuse. Obama liked that so well that he presided over the Gulf Deepwater Horizon disaster, the world's worst environmental disaster.
Wow you are on it today Squidley.
Only if those pesky environmental regulations were in effect when the miners were putting those nasty toxins into the ground Obama never could have destroyed the Animas River. That black bastard did it to us again!!!!:cursing:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Wow you are on it today Squidley.
Only if those pesky environmental regulations were in effect when the miners were putting those nasty toxins into the ground Obama never could have destroyed the Animas River. That black bastard did it to us again!!!!:cursing:
Squidley really needs to know when to take the Chris Gatling approach:

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Liberal big government teams up with Chinese-made solar farm to poison Texas drinking water

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar farm developer confirms the project is running at 'reduced capacity' as a result of the storm.

An onslaught of hail in southeastern Texas that destroyed large portions of a massive solar farm is highlighting the perils of trading traditional power sources for vulnerable "green" alternatives and sparking concern about the potential for chemical leaks from the broken panels.

Aerial footage captured the significant damage suffered by the Fighting Jays Solar farm in Fort Bend County, Texas. The March 15 storm shattered hundreds of panels and prompted a nearby resident to question if the solar panels were leaking chemicals such as cadmium telluride, which is linked to serious health risks in humans.

"My concern is the hail damage that came through and busted these panels – we now have some highly toxic chemicals that could be potentially leaking into our water tables," Needville resident Nick Kaminski told Fox affiliate KRIV-TV. "I have a family — two children and a wife. My neighbors have kids and a lot of other residents in the area who are on well water are concerned that the chemicals are now leaking into our water tables."....

....."There's this enormous shell game happening by the Biden administration, by the environmental left, presenting wind and solar as perfectly green, clean, and carbon-neutral," Turner told Fox News Digital. "They use all of these buzzwords. But they're none of that and they also have enormous drawbacks. And it's doing the American people a great disservice to obfuscate these very obvious shortcomings." .....
-----------------------------------------------------
Paywalled, so I checked other sources. Seems the company behind the project is Danish, not Chinese. Also it seems to me that it would be incumbent on the company as much as it is on “liberal big government” to have done due diligence about adverse weather possibilities and chosen or designed the panels to withstand known meteorological occurrences.

Also is there evidence of soil contamination? This article says HAZMAT crews found none.

Your hyperlink headline is so misleading.

Reactions: slipped_disc

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Paywalled, so I checked other sources. Seems the company behind the project is Danish, not Chinese.

The solar panels were "Chinese-made", dumbass. And there is no paywall. There is a membership wall which can be circumvented. But I wouldn't tell the likes of you how to do it.

Last edited:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

There's no doubt that the reason why OBiden's first presidential moves included hamstringing America's energy industry was fear that his DEI-controlled Interior Department would repeat the permitting errors which caused the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

And where did that policy blunder originate?

Obama Fears Trump Win in 2024, Making Frequent Calls to Biden’s Chief of Staff