Biden Inflation Explosion

Will the erBB Leftists deny it is happening or will they embrace inflation as an awesome thing?

• Deny Inflation Is Happening

• Claim Inflation Is Good

Results are only viewable after voting.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Inflation Rate - By Country (tradingeconomics.com)

Please explain why the performance of the US, compared to the rest of the world, in "Covid Deaths/Million Population," the US is STILL 14th WORST in the world, (because of Covid mismanagement under that Florida guy) and US inflation rate (3.2%) is in the MIDDLE of the pack. 78 nations out of 182, have LOWER inflation than the US, and 104 nations have HIGHER inflation than the US. Since the US did so poorly against Covid, and the US developed the vaccine, why is US inflation only 3.2% ?
schex is incapable of comprehending your post, let alone being able to respond to it

edit: like I said....

When they predict 3 or 3.1 and then get 3.2 but previously it was 3.4 they say it's going down
It's not
That is just word games
The rest of the world has inflation for various reasons
Ours is because all our idiots in charge just keep printing money
what a fkn moron

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Since I graduated high school in the mid-70s the average annual inflation rate has been 3.71%.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
ain't capitalism grand?!

Federal Reserve economists have made similar arguments to Weber and Wasner themselves, noting that markups grew by 3.4 percent over 2021 while PCE inflation was 5.8 percent, implying that markups could “account for more than half of inflation” during that year.

“Such high markup growth is especially striking given that markup growth contributed almost nothing to inflation in the decade leading up to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Kansas City Fed researchers wrote in a theory-heavy paper.

While the Fed researchers admitted the causal effect of profits on inflation, they concluded that the boosted markups were more likely associated with anticipated cost increases rather than an increase in monopoly power.

But the new report on the grocery business from the FTC offers a different picture, one that displays concentrated downstream retail power flexing its muscles over the supply chains to boost margins.

The report notes that the grocery sector has undergone “significant consolidation over time,” with the four biggest companies accounting for more than 30 percent of the sales in 2019, as compared to half of that 30 years earlier.

Additionally, it calls out big grocery retailers for implementing “policies that imposed strict delivery requirements on their upstream suppliers and threatened fines for noncompliance. Walmart even tightened the delivery requirements its suppliers had to meet to avoid fines as the pandemic went on.”

Reactions: CutnSnip and Aruka

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
ain't capitalism grand?!

Federal Reserve economists have made similar arguments to Weber and Wasner themselves, noting that markups grew by 3.4 percent over 2021 while PCE inflation was 5.8 percent, implying that markups could “account for more than half of inflation” during that year.

“Such high markup growth is especially striking given that markup growth contributed almost nothing to inflation in the decade leading up to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Kansas City Fed researchers wrote in a theory-heavy paper.

While the Fed researchers admitted the causal effect of profits on inflation, they concluded that the boosted markups were more likely associated with anticipated cost increases rather than an increase in monopoly power.

But the new report on the grocery business from the FTC offers a different picture, one that displays concentrated downstream retail power flexing its muscles over the supply chains to boost margins.

The report notes that the grocery sector has undergone “significant consolidation over time,” with the four biggest companies accounting for more than 30 percent of the sales in 2019, as compared to half of that 30 years earlier.

Additionally, it calls out big grocery retailers for implementing “policies that imposed strict delivery requirements on their upstream suppliers and threatened fines for noncompliance. Walmart even tightened the delivery requirements its suppliers had to meet to avoid fines as the pandemic went on.”
No way, it is all the fault of poor people buying Kobe beef and Dom Perignon on EBT cards!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Trump is at least equally responsible for this. He pushed through the first round of free Trillions and pressured the Fed to keep rates low to juice the economy.
Many are responsible. My wife and I paid off her collage loan and bought a house within walking distance of the ocean two and a half years out of college in 1995 and our combined income at the time was probably $60K. Today in my state you'd need an income of $152k just to afford a basic house and to buy anywhere in my town you'd probably have to be over $250k. I don't know how young people today will afford home ownership.

Reactions: Aquaman2

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I purposely quote CNN and MSNBC whenever possible for this forum.
but also
Sorry but I don't quote CNN and MSNBC.

Many are responsible. My wife and I paid off her collage loan and bought a house within walking distance of the ocean two and a half years out of college in 1995 and our combined income at the time was probably $60K. Today in my state you'd need an income of $152k just to afford a basic house and to buy anywhere in my town you'd probably have to be over $250k. I don't know how young people today will afford home ownership.

maybe if so many piney inlanders didn’t buy houses by the beach there would be less demand for real estate.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
San Diego it’s roughly $250k per year to afford the median home. Thats not nice coastal SD, it’s all of SD.