Biden Inflation Explosion

Will the erBB Leftists deny it is happening or will they embrace inflation as an awesome thing?

• Deny Inflation Is Happening

• Claim Inflation Is Good

Results are only viewable after voting.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
The inflation report isn’t bad. It’s just a bit worse than expected. Traders have been way too optimistic about rate cuts. This should bring them back to earth.

The reality is that inflation won’t be back to 2% for a long time. It may Also be reality that the economy functions just fine with inflation at 3%.
We'll have to see. I don't think a reduction/cancellation of any rate cuts is a good thing for the economy. Bad for business growth, home purchases, etc. Unless you already have a ton of capital.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
We'll have to see. I don't think a reduction/cancellation of any rate cuts is a good thing for the economy. Bad for business growth, home purchases, etc. Unless you already have a ton of capital.
but inflation is still above target because the economy is strong. Cut rates is just more stimulus. Who knows.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
but inflation is still above target because the economy is strong. Cut rates is just more stimulus. Who knows.
I definitely don't know and am out of my depths here. So this is just my GED-brain attempting to assemble some sort of common sense forecast.

I agree the economy is generally strong... by most measures. However, real estate, cost of money, and insurance have a meaningful impact on people's bottom lines.... but even more so on a business's bottom line. Throw in a potentially looming commercial real estate fallout, and it feels like dark clouds on the horizon.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I definitely don't know and am out of my depths here. So this is just my GED-brain attempting to assemble some sort of common sense forecast.

I agree the economy is generally strong... by most measures. However, real estate, cost of money, and insurance have a meaningful impact on people's bottom lines.... but even more so on a business's bottom line. Throw in a potentially looming commercial real estate fallout, and it feels like dark clouds on the horizon.
stay tuned for a capitalist freedom fries bailout of the home owner's insurance market

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
When I created this thread there should have been an option where the left tells the public not to believe their own eyes.
i know, right!!

whooda thunk that we’d have such an amazing post-pandemic recovery, record low unemployment, wage growth, a strong economy, student loans being forgiven left and right, a record high DJIA, and a transition to renewable energy……all in a matter of 3 years.

@sirfun how did i do?

• Love
Reactions: afoaf and sirfun

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Wholesale inflation rose 2.1% in March — sharpest increase in 11 months

You didn’t read the article did you?

Are you upset at a 2.1% yoy increase? Or are you upset the number was lower than expected? Are you upset it was down a full.4% since last month?

Or are you upset the unemployment figures were down and lower than expected?

In your own words?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You didn’t read the article did you?

Are you upset at a 2.1% yoy increase? Or are you upset the number was lower than expected? Are you upset it was down a full.4% since last month?

Or are you upset the unemployment figures were down and lower than expected?

In your own words?
Stay tuned while Fatty McTubeDodger devises new and even stupider ways to dodge your points.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Since you created this thread, everyone’s home and stock values have risen tremendously…
And inflation up around 9% went down to 3% without a recession. Far better than I'd hoped circa two years ago.

The inflation report isn’t bad. It’s just a bit worse than expected. Traders have been way too optimistic about rate cuts. This should bring them back to earth.

The reality is that inflation won’t be back to 2% for a long time. It may Also be reality that the economy functions just fine with inflation at 3%.
Also depressing that basically good news across the board is a problem because borrowing money is slightly more expensive. I don't need leverage to buy P&G products.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Since you created this thread, everyone’s home and stock values have risen tremendously…
How is that helping the 50% of this state which rents and doesn't have a 401(k)?
1712852287509.png
by going back in time and throwing a wrench in the money printer that was spitting out trillions of new dollars back when he was president?
He deserves a lot of the blame for the COVID response and lockdowns which necessitated stimulus, but he doesn't control the Fed which now does little more than backstop what Congress spends and tries to control inflation with interest rates. We have to get our spending under control.

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
The fed purchased 4 tril in bonds to drive rates near zero , doubling the balance sheet . Add in 25 percent of new debt and presto we have inflation on steroids .