Best foil for you.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
It’s possible I’m selling a lift 200 and short mast in the next week that’ll be perfect for that one to two foot soft waves.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
What about a foil for a 145lb beginner. San Diego. I'd only want to be doing this on small days (knee high).

I finally got all my gear back from my brother and took pictures, posted it.

Lift 170 fish and 24 inch mast. $650. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/d/woodland-hills-lift-foil-170-fish/7159521930.html

Here's the one for you casa. Lift 200 and 28 inch mast. $700. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/d/woodland-hills-lift-foil-200-classic/7159519768.html

Mar 22, 2020
there still might be. I might need cash and these lifts may not sell. Don’t spend your monies just yet.
Axis is working on new faster wing, I think a smaller/faster 910 will be perfect !

For me, what works best is small HA wing with flat stab, you ve go the glide, the speed, the pumping, the turning.

Mar 20, 2019
Borrowed my neighbors flat 460 tail and put it on with the 1000 front. Whoa! Speed boost! Turning was harder, but effortless glide. Ready to try some downwinders this weekend!

Greg have you cut the 460 shorter or left it the stock length?

Mar 22, 2020
Borrowed my neighbors flat 460 tail and put it on with the 1000 front. Whoa! Speed boost! Turning was harder, but effortless glide. Ready to try some downwinders this weekend!

Greg have you cut the 460 shorter or left it the stock length?
I didn't cut the 460 but I will.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Looks like Takuma is coming up with something even better :
I'm not really talking about the thing in the front (we will see if it is a marketing trick or if it actually makes a difference), but the wing looks better, more hight aspect ? I don't know but it just look hight performance.

so weird. Here’s a thread about them. Besides the early strength issues i’ve heard nothing but good about the Lol stuff.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Not sure what thread to put these 760 thoughts in but here goes.

the 760 is a high performance short board compared to the midlength 900.

I have to pump the 760 up on small waves. But the 900 required a bit of that too. Once up the 760 is way more responsive and maneuverable. Rolls side to side so quick and never gets stuck over on one rail. You can be more forceful with the pump like a surf wing compared to a high aspect. Example. On the 900 if you are taking off on a tiny slow wave and you try to pump to soon the 900 will just fall through the water and sink. No projection. On the 760 it’s like my old lift 200. You can jump on it and force the issue on tiny unbroken waves.

The one downside if you want to call it that is glide between pumps. The 900 will pump for longer distances and is more forgiving of bad technique. They both require a similar amount of cardio. The 760 is just smaller so more technical. I can cover at least 3/4 the distance with the same energy output. So connecting waves is fine. Long pumps on flat water is not my goal so I’m fine with this trade off.

Most likely keeping the 760 and selling the 900.

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Added a new stab to the stable: Takuma LOL 270

First impression: This stab is thick!

Paired it with the Stealth 175 and it was a dog! With my mast shimmed for max lift the foil felt really stable but super slow, like I was dragging kelp. Thought I had wasted my money.

Slapped it on the Hyper 210 this morning and it was like adding traction control to my pump. Not as quick as the flat stab, GPS said I was about 1 mph slower overall, but no roll at low speed. Interested to see if it makes my 175 Albatross easier to pump.

Got it from Big Winds: https://bigwinds.com/collections/takuma ~ note: it looks like they are already sold out of most of the Takuma foils and parts.

Oh yeah, Signature has a new foil too, Game Changer.

Reactions: ghostshaper

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
whatever misterbennets was riding in his latest clip looked insane, wonder if it was similar to the game changer?

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
nope...dont be tempted ...that area of JB weld on the mast fuselage junction is a repair!...its been permanently stuck together because the torque from hard turning caused the mast to crack...i thought about it too until i saw that part...no way

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
I love that bread clip shim idea.

Would someone go buy this so that I'm not tempted anymore.

Haha that is my friend's old setup, he moved onto Lift. He ripped on that frankenfoil, he did mention he epoxied everything together when stuff started to "wiggle."

That 1075 wing is the small MFC front wing and the stabilizer is from an F4 foil.

I'm tempted to get that aluminum mast as it was customized to fit the MFC fuse.