Baja work trip

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
can - no

glass jar on ice or gtfo, beyond that at a wholesale level you typically have to ante up for a kilo. The caviar business works a lot like the peruvian marching powder business

And that poor malnourished sturgeon they caught in your study is a baby, this is what you're looking for in that world

View attachment 93787
Thanks for saying the caviar business is like the Peruvian marching powder business, posting a photo of Russians/Ukrainians, and none, I repeat NONE of them being impossibly svelte 20-something women.

Yes we CAN:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
that's a tin, not a can and you definitely don't want to see what the women looked like out where we processed, but in the city was an entirely different scenario

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
When did Baja go soft? What ever happened to buying a lobster off of a local for 2 bucks and having that and a can of Spaghetti-Os for dinner cooked on your rusty-ass Coleman stove?
What happened was that I stopped eating Spaghetti-Os when I was 12.

I still have the rusty ass Coleman stove.

Tho you don't need a stove to have sashimi.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Clearly you don't know how Baja is done.

Nowdays it's all about having a chef to make sushi hand rolls with caviar washed down with a French Rosé with Instagram posts as a nightcap.

Stroganoff for a new generation.
We are all friends, everybody surfed, including the chef, it just so happens that we have some talent on the trip and that we are not losers who eat Spaghetti-Os.

There's zero reason why you wouldn't eat good on a camping trip. I mean, the sea life is abundant.
All the fish and lobster we've had, we either caught ourselves or was locally caught the same day. Except for abalones. Urchins were still moving...

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I think when you get older and you can afford sh!t you tend to make things nicer.

Rough and tumble was because you didn't have money.

Now that I am a member of the investor class I don't need to rough it no more.
Eating canned and instant food when camping as kids was more laziness and stupidity in my case. Eating fresh stuff is not really that much more expensive, at least not in Mexico.

But it takes prep and planning, which Is a pain for some.

It's not really glamping, it's just smart camping.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think when you get older and you can afford sh!t you tend to make things nicer.

Rough and tumble was because you didn't have money.

Now that I am a member of the investor class I don't need to rough it no more.
Yeah I've been done sleeping in the dirt for decades now.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Eating canned and instant food when camping as kids was more laziness and stupidity in my case. Eating fresh stuff is not really that much more expensive, at least not in Mexico.

But it takes prep and planning, which Is a pain for some.

It's not really glamping, it's just smart camping.
Modern camping. Back when I was a kid in the early 60’s we camped with a large group in Baja and used dry ice for food preservation. This was for a 15 day trip. For a small group for less than a week hauling dry ice wouldn’t have been practical.

More pictures.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What? You're eating caviar in Baja, shitsnout.

It's f-----g glamping and it's goddamned glorious!
Yeah I forgot about the caviar. :poop:

It's pretty decadent.

Nobody would normally invite me to a Baja trip with caviar and sushi. I'm just an idiot with a camera that gets lucky now and then.

It was more about JOB and Poopies.

44E32BF0-D9FA-4E7A-A40E-EFD59038326F.jpeg

Never been to this part of Baja before. Insane set ups, right point break after right point break and then a cobblestone reef in the middle of it with lefts and rights that works on the NW swell
It looked like a mini San-O on this day.

DB24DAFB-ED3D-4695-9D2A-42CC191DBF6C.jpeg

Things got a little out of control.
1593791363089.png

DFCB3B98-4D44-4998-9A0D-ED4281718138.jpeg

2A637EDC-2060-4896-9AA8-8B2D74E9E6AD.jpeg

Some surf video grabs later.:drowning:

Last edited: