Baja work trip

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Tradesman can and will do a True Custom Topper and their work is Top Shelf. You pay more but we know how that is....

All the others are good also.

For me I cant go Pop Top or RTT as I hit windy zones. Super Flappy Flappy

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I've had good luck with BFG's as well. Never had a full on flat although I had a slow leak on my trip home after my last baja trip. Tundras are great but with my setup I can pretty much watch my gas gauge drop as I'm driving. I wish they had a bigger gas tank.
Yeah that 500 mile strech between El Rosario and Guerrero Negro was always a butt clencher. Especially if you want to stop along the way and surf, which is like 50 miles off road in each direction in some places.

Last time I went thru they've been building a Pemex in Cataviña, does anybody know if it's operational?

Reactions: Aruka and keenfish

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Yeah that 500 mile strech between El Rosario and Guerrero Negro was always a butt clencher. Especially if you want to stop along the way and surf, which is like 50 miles off road in each direction in some places.

Last time I went thru they've been building a Pemex in Cataviña, does anybody know if it's operational?
not open

• Sad
Reactions: plasticbertrand

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I just got new tires for my tundra and was sold on goodyear at's. guy told me the new bfg's were only gettign 30-40k out of a set. that sucks cause they used to last forever.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You don’t find the storage space to be worth it? Everything in the back just gets thrown around and smaller stuff means more boxes.
I don't think you can see it well in the photo but I have a carpeted shelf on the other side of the bed, which is the same height as the bed.

It's perfect for smaller bags and other fragile trinkets and there's still storage underneath.
I found that I don't use the box very much, maybe just utilities, track boards, tools etc, stuff that always stays in the truck.

I think it would be more practical to have just a flap there, that way you can access the stuff that's in the back of the bed instead of having to crawl or hook it up. You could put a cooler back there and get to it from the side instead of clogging the space around the tail gate and having to shuffle cases.

It also frees the space inside the shell for larger items. My use is pretty specific, that's why it's cool that you can order the ARE shell with custom features.