Ayuhuasca ceremony.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The commodification of these "retreats" just feels ickky to me. I don't trust anyone trying to SELL wellness or transcendence in a package.

I have no doubt that DMT, Ayahuasca, and can have an impact on you, (hopefully positive, but there is always a risk that you "transcend" to a state that does not necessarily make life any better for you) but I don't believe that what these people have to sell amounts to much more than a designer drug spa or commodification of indigenous practices repackaged for the monied masses of zombie capitalists and board beneficiaries of wealth and privilege that have the time/energy to dedicate to "finding themselves"

got a buddy who is in super deep. went to peru to do it. stayed for 6 months. came home couldnt acclimate here and is now basically a monk out there again and guiding sessions himself.
Those that cannot do, teach.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The majority of Post-Christian pagan Westerners are going to also abandon SCIENCE! and will soon be eating mushrooms, licking toads, and running around naked screaming at the sky like their ancient ancestors. The only thing missing are modern ziggurats.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The majority of Post-Christian pagan Westerners are going to also abandon SCIENCE! and will soon be eating mushrooms, licking toads, and running around naked screaming at the sky like their ancient ancestors. The only thing missing are modern ziggurats.
adding psychedelics to PRCD's Sky Is Falling List...

ayahuasca is DMT, btw...just a much more long-acting form processed by the digestive system

what's REALLY interesting is the biochemical reactions and the fact that **somehow** these mud dwellers figured out that you could combine this one obscure vine with this other obscure vine and they would collectively allow you to vomit out your demons and see the matrix

I think Terence McKenna said shamans insisted that the mushrooms taught them how to make the drink and that the mushrooms and cacti (a la Castaneda) were the means by which the earth itself communicated with humans and exchanged knowledge

DMT smells absolutely amazing before it's smoked....it feels amazing

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The commodification of these "retreats" just feels ickky to me. I don't trust anyone trying to SELL wellness or transcendence in a package.

I have no doubt that DMT, Ayahuasca, and can have an impact on you, (hopefully positive, but there is always a risk that you "transcend" to a state that does not necessarily make life any better for you) but I don't believe that what these people have to sell amounts to much more than a designer drug spa or commodification of indigenous practices repackaged for the monied masses of zombie capitalists and board beneficiaries of wealth and privilege that have the time/energy to dedicate to "finding themselves"

Those that cannot do, teach.
Spanish lady come to me, she lays on me this rose.
It rainbow spirals round and round,
It trembles and explodes
It left a smoking crater of my mind,
I like to blow away.
But the heat came round and busted me
For smilin on a cloudy day

Comin', comin', comin' around, comin' around, comin' around in a circle
Comin', comin', comin' around, comin' around, in a circle,
Comin', comin', comin' around, comin' around, in a circle.
Escapin' through the lily fields
I came across an empty space
It trembled and exploded
Left a bus stop in its place
The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began
There was cowboy Neal
At the wheel
Of a bus to never-ever land

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My time coming, any day, don't worry bout me, no
Been so long I felt this way, ain't in no hurry, no
Rainbows end down that highway where ocean breezes blow
My time coming, voices saying, they tell me where to go
Don't worry bout me, no no, don't worry bout me, no
And I'm in no hurry, no no no, I know where to go.
California, preaching on the burning shore
California, I'll be knocking on the golden door
Like an angel, standing in a shaft of light
Rising up to paradise, I know I'm gonna shine
My time coming, anyday, don't worry bout me, no
It's gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so
Seems so long I felt this way and time sure passin' slow
Still I know I lead the way, they tell me where I go
Don't worry bout me, no no, don't worry bout me, no
And I'm in no hurry, no no no, I know where to go
California, a prophet on the burning shore
California, I'll be knocking on the golden door
Like an angel, standing in a shaft of light
Rising up to paradise, I know I'm gonna shine
You've all been asleep,
You would not believe me
Them voices telling me,
You will soon receive me
We're standing on the beach,
The sea will part before me
(Fire wheel burning in the air)
And you will follow me,
And we will ride to glory
(Way up the middle of the air)
And I'll call down thunder
And speak the same
And my word fills the sky with flame
And might and glory gonna be my name
And men gonna light my way
My time coming, anyday, don't worry bout me, no
It's gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so
Seems so long I felt this way and time sure passin slow
My time coming, anyday, don't worry about me, no
Don't worry about me...

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Not just once, but eight times on this thread alone.

Let me guess; you are an expert counselor on internet addiction

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I've heard it is leagues beyond LSD/Shrooms.
Although I just about thought I was never coming back from mushrooms so i'll pass.

Reactions: kidfury

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Would I do them again? Maybe in the future with a trusted sitter but I felt like I learned from the bad time even though it was hell on earth. When people do these too much they start thinking they are gaining insights but are really just spiraling further into over analysis and making connections that aren't there. lot of overlap with that and conspiracy people.

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Agreed when they are co-opting the practices, rituals, music etc of the indigenous tribes that have been doing this for who knows how many years. Enough with the cultural identity crisis BS already. Come up with your own method of delivery in a space that is safe and that provides an actual therapeutic experience.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There are literally thousands (if not more) of case studies of people who actually feel "healed" from trauma and mental illness with the use of psychedelics.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Agreed when they are co-opting the practices, rituals, music etc of the indigenous tribes that have been doing this for who knows how many years. Enough with the cultural identity crisis BS already. Come up with your own method of delivery in a space that is safe and that provides an actual therapeutic experience.
This is straight out of ZeroHPLovecraft's latest short story. How 'bout this: put Musk, Slade, and Bezos on a Blue Origin flight together with a gift basket of psychedelics and fire it at the Sun?

There are literally thousands (if not more) of case studies of people who actually feel "healed" from trauma and mental illness with the use of psychedelics.
What is it like to "feel healed"? I'm picturing this
1630108196801.png

When do they run RCTs? I imagine it would be difficult to keep the control arm from unblinding relative to the toad arm.

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This is straight out of ZeroHPLovecraft's latest short story. How 'bout this: put Musk, Slade, and Bezos on a Blue Origin flight together with a gift basket of psychedelics and fire it at the Sun?

What is it like to "feel healed"? I'm picturing this
View attachment 115291

When do they run RCTs? I imagine it would be difficult to keep the control arm from unblinding relative to the toad arm.
You can poopoo it all you want, however I do find the testimonials compelling. Lots of people who were struggling with mental illness , addiction, trauma/ptsd etc have said that they actually feel cured, whereas most mental health and addiction treatment centers around managing your symptoms and whiteknuckling through life.

For people with real issues to actually say that they feel “cured” means that this is really something worth looking into, especially given how much the alternative status quo treatments fail to help many. YMMV

Reactions: Woke AF

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
I'm just wondering where I can find a DMT pen and what the warning label looks like on that thing?

Imagine sneaking a toke at a baseball or basketball game or something thinking it's your normal herb pen only to enter another dimension and suffer an "ego death" surrounded by thousands of strangers... :monkey:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Done DMT a handful of times. When it works well its hard to explain. You go outa body - feel like youre gone for months but its only a few minutes. When its mild its just like a short mushie/acid trip like 10 minutes but with way stronger visuals like super fractals or whatever.
Got the 5-10 minute out of body with GOD knowledge from smoking concentrated salvia. Seriously makes you think a bit but it's so strange the only real breakthrough was when I came back and realized I shouldn't have held that second hit in so long.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Kento