Ayuhuasca ceremony.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You can poopoo it all you want, however I do find the testimonials compelling.
Relax man I'm just busting your balls.
Lots of people who were struggling with mental illness , addiction, trauma/ptsd etc have said that they actually feel cured, whereas most mental health and addiction treatment centers around managing your symptoms and whiteknuckling through life.
So the person takes some iffy chemical, sees their spirit animal and feels warm and fuzzy ("The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries!") and relates the experience to an empathetic clinician taking dictation. No placebo there, bro!

For people with real issues to actually say that they feel “cured” means that this is really something worth looking into, especially given how much the alternative status quo treatments fail to help many. YMMV
Do you accept testimonies about Jesus from Christians, or only stories about head trips from toad lickers?

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Relax man I'm just busting your balls.

So the person takes some iffy chemical, sees their spirit animal and feels warm and fuzzy ("The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries!") and relates the experience to an empathetic clinician taking dictation. No placebo there, bro!
Again, I'm going off of testimonials. From people who clearly have experienced more trauma than I have, and it seemed to have a profound effect on them. Like I said, YMMV

If you've ever done psychedelics, then you understand their power. If you haven't, then it's not even worth having a conversation with you about it.

Do you accept testimonies about Jesus from Christians, or only stories about head trips from toad lickers?
No, because I've never seen a reputable account of that nature. Every person I've seen who had some sort of "magical experience" with Jesus Christ seemed to monetize it for their own personal gain. That said, I know there are people of all faiths who find peace and become better people through religion.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Again, I'm going off of testimonials. From people who clearly have experienced more trauma than I have, and it seemed to have a profound effect on them. Like I said, YMMV

If you've ever done psychedelics, then you understand their power. If you haven't, then it's not even worth having a conversation with you about it.
Again, I'm just busting your balls, but this sounds like SERIOUS BUSINESS to you.

No, because I've never seen a reputable account of that nature. Every person I've seen who had some sort of "magical experience" with Jesus Christ seemed to monetize it for their own personal gain.
I'm not talking about some weird holy roller having some Joseph Smith-style encounter with Jesus. I'm talking about listening to someone talk about how Jesus saved them from their sins after reading the Bible or hearing it preached. Someone talking about Jesus in that way: BAD. Testimony from Ayuhausca trip? GOOD. maybe you'll be able to do this with Musk's NeuraLink someday.
That said, I know there are people of all faiths who find peace and become better people through religion.
Right. I think it's interesting that technocratic people are returning to tribal religions based on hallucinogens when there are so many other options.

I'm not a psychonaut and don't intend to be. Seems like safety and efficacy sheets are lacking on this stuff though. #YOLO I guess.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Again, I'm just busting your balls, but this sounds like SERIOUS BUSINESS to you.
Not really, I simply respect their power and think that we are just starting to scratch the surface of their therapeutic power.

I'm not talking about some weird holy roller having some Joseph Smith-style encounter with Jesus. I'm talking about listening to someone talk about how Jesus saved them from their sins after reading the Bible or hearing it preached. Someone talking about Jesus in that way: BAD. Testimony from Ayuhausca trip? GOOD. maybe you'll be able to do this with Musk's NeuraLink someday.
Which is exactly my point. The most outspoken about it are obvious grifters.

As for the latter, I have no problem with that nor do I think it's bad. However I'm not sure if they are talking about literal "flip your wig" Jesus experiences or more of a subtle and gradual come to Jesus moment or revelation. Either way, if it helps make you a better person, great.

Right. I think it's interesting that technocratic people are returning to tribal religions based on hallucinogens when there are so many other options.
I agree with you here. I find the entire techbro "shaman" and "microdosing" scene to be effing nauseating. And I'm not even immersed in it.

I'm not a psychonaut and don't intend to be. Seems like safety and efficacy sheets are lacking on this stuff though. #YOLO I guess.
Well yeah, but it's also kinda tough to do double blind randomized control studies with controlled substances.

Reactions: Rlacey111 and PRCD

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
For most people, occassional use of psychedelics is not problematic. Maybe scary, maybe fun, maybe enlightening, but not problematic.

For *some* people though, psychedelics changes your brain in a really bad way, and the brain never changes back. These people are often referred to as "acid casualties", and they are usually fucked up for life.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
A lot of people should full on trip for a couple years reset their perspective. I don't think it will get worse, sharing a planet with these people, and birth control! Lots of that. People should have to get licensed to reproduce.
Technoviking guy needs to sow his oats more. Yes, we could use more Technoviking. IMHO.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’ve smoked DMT a handful of times, done acid and eaten shrooms hundreds of times, so I have a solid baseline of comparison... DMT is like peak LSD times 1000, but only lasts 15 minutes or so, and then you have this overwhelming sense of calm, after the wildest hallucinations imaginable. If you were drunk, you are no longer drunk. you feel sober and clear headed and just like “holy chit that was amazing!” I could see it being used as a therapeutic. But disclaimer, smoking pure DMT is as intense a trip as you can imagine. And then some. I imagine the therapeutic doses would be far, far smaller, presumably. Please don’t read this and run off and trip your face off in hopes of curing your anxiety, speak to your shaman first

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
All you guys have such good drug connections.

Part of the reason I would never become and addict is I'm so bad at social networking. :roflmao:

And lazy.

Like my women, I want them just to show up at my window at night.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yes, my friends wife has been an opiate addict for the last 20 years.

She looks like death but all that drug abuse would have killed me.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
There are literally thousands (if not more) of case studies of people who actually feel "healed" from trauma and mental illness with the use of psychedelics.
When do they run RCTs?
The organization responsible for much of this progress is based in Santa Cruz, MAPS. Of course that is laughable, yet appropriate, and they do good work. Ketamine and MDMA ("ecstasy") are already near or done. MDMA for trauma (ex-military mental health is a driving force). 2-3 sessions, and done. No longer. lifetime of therapy and/or SSRIs.

RCTs aren't the only way to do science. A true man of god should understand this.