dwarden30

OTF status
Jun 29, 2008

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My mom has had it for 42 years. She remembers the bullseye rash and everything, well before it was identified and given a name. While preggo with subway no less. She’s been battling the arthritis and bizarre memory issues and adult onset allergies ever since. every once in a while the spirochetes will get uppity and she has to go on a Herculean regimen of amoxicillin for a couple weeks. Where did she get bit? Eastern Long Island natch

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Ask Taj Burrow(s) what he thinks.

I heard Byron Bay can't roll their sleeves up fast enough.

We need Dr. Rastovich's take.
We got our fair share of 5G nutcases, pro surfer “not needed, just a good immune system” self taught epidemiologists , infected disbelievers who go walkabout in Byron and google research experts. Just my impression, but evenly spread across metro and regional.

Just like the US they are the minority, an anti COVID testing stunt posted on a facebook group for the regional town where I live met with quite a backlash from the community.

A far bigger problem has been the COVID zero complacency from both our federal government and population. Perverse fear outcomes from our independent body ATAGI - even the Queensland Chief Medical Officer has been a bit wacko on vaccine advice.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The lab leak lyme hypnosis widely accepted amongst biology professors at Stony Brook State University 30 years. As the bacterium became costly and deadlier CDC decided to cover it up and label it a conspiracy theory.
China was not cooperative.

Why'd you leave that detail out of your story?

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
... The injectionist told me that it was likely that I would experience a similar reaction to my first dose. In which case I thought I should get another arvo surf coz I am going to feel too crook tomorrow and the day after.
... .
Second shot of AZ nowhere near as strong as first. I lost only one day of surfing from extreme laziness. Woke up feeling fine the day after so went surfing that morning. Some laziness kicked in after that, but an afternoon nap sorted that out and I was fine for another surf.

Reactions: need 4 speed

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
China was not cooperative.
... .
No they weren't and despite our prime minister being one of the world leaders who called for an inquiry into COVID origins, we don't care about that. Many people like myself think he only did it for popularity. A far bigger issue has been Chinese trade retaliation - about 80% tariffs on wine and barley, which left some Australian wine producers and farmers in a very bad position because their main export market disappeared. Australian lobster rotted on Chinese runways and meat blocked too.

We have been annoying them for a while though by banning Huawei 5G since 2018 which blows some anti vax theories.

Just my personal opinion on the lab leak theory - Dr Fauci was interviewed by an Australian journalist and he said he is open to the possibility, but his belief was that most likely cause was the virus jumped from animal to human host. I'm prepared to go with that.

Reactions: jkb

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No they weren't and despite our prime minister being one of the world leaders who called for an inquiry into COVID origins, we don't care about that. Many people like myself think he only did it for popularity. A far bigger issue has been Chinese trade retaliation - about 80% tariffs on wine and barley, which left some Australian wine producers and farmers in a very bad position because their main export market disappeared. Australian lobster rotted on Chinese runways and meat blocked too.

We have been annoying them for a while though by banning Huawei 5G since 2018 which blows some anti vax theories.

Just my personal opinion on the lab leak theory - Dr Fauci was interviewed by an Australian journalist and he said he is open to the possibility, but his belief was that most likely cause was the virus jumped from animal to human host. I'm prepared to go with that.
The west made a deal with the devil when they were seduced by Chinese $$$$$$$$.

The Chinese have a saying "Fool you once, shame on me. Fool you twice, shame on you."

They also have one, "Sometimes the blind mouse finds the dead rat."

I don't know what that means but I think it means, watch out.

I can't wait to see what happens when China invades Taiwan.

May you live in interesting times

Reactions: PRCD

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Ifallalot and Mr J

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
The conflict with China is not likely to be direct military conflict with US. It will be the gradual erosion of financial and political influence in the developing world. China is definitely playing the long game.