Are the feds about to roll tanks on Portlandia?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think of nonplussed as unbothered

maybe I'm doing it wrong

I'm open to that possibility
There's lots of things that we do more like they did it half a century ago than how they did it in Shakespeare's day.

Saying that out loud made me feel better about my apparently incorrect usage of nonplussed.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
this is sad...a two-year + old list of corporations/individuals who have supported the oppressive takeover of Hong Kong, advocate the invasion of Taiwan and the militarization of the South China Sea and will be standing in the streets to welcome PRC tanks as they roll through the streets of America. the next two years will be the most contentious our country has ever known and the sad thing is liberal trolls (that don't even surf) are now stalking forum members that don't agree with gender reassignment for their children.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
So it was undercover DHS agents/agitators who violently rioted for 100+ days, pulled a guy out of his truck and kicked him in the head, started a fire in the lobby of the mayors apartment building, and murdered a proud boy?

Whoa. Trump took this false flag thing pretty seriously
someone didn't read the articles....

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So it was undercover DHS agents/agitators who violently rioted for 100+ days, pulled a guy out of his truck and kicked him in the head, started a fire in the lobby of the mayors apartment building, and murdered a proud boy?

Whoa. Trump took this false flag thing pretty seriously
when does "I'm just calling out my side for its hypocrisy" just become shilling for the wannabe dictator?

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
we have been focused on twitter so damn long that I totally forgot how obsessed grapedrink was with portland
I find the apologism for illegal and anti-social behavior gross, yet also fascinating. Along with the fact that the local government allowed this crap to go on for so long.

"It's ok when my team does it"

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
when does "I'm just calling out my side for its hypocrisy" just become shilling for the wannabe dictator?
What does me calling out what was happening in Portland have anything to do with Trump? While what Trump did was clearly fooked up, he didn't intervene well into the summer and it went on long after he left.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Now do Jan 6:trout:
When have I ever apologized or minimized 1/6? I've called it out plenty of times, even while it was happening, and I've also said many times that I would've supported gunning down those idiots once the pushed past a certain threshold.

Also, last I checked that was after the Summer of Love in Portland.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I find the apologism for illegal and anti-social behavior gross, yet also fascinating. Along with the fact that the local government allowed this crap to go on for so long.

"It's ok when my team does it"
don't tase straw man me, bro

• Love