Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So let's focus in on where we disagree and avoid colliding frames.

You think Putin can be negotiated as a good faith operator and I do not.

Putin could end the conflict tonight if he wanted.

I don't get how the people are vilifying the west in this situation.

PS why do right wingers love to play the victim so much?
I don’t care what kind of actor Putin is, nor do I think he can be negotiated with.

in fact, I am much more willing to sacrifice the whole eastern bloc than risk any American dollars or lives.

there are two points here
1. This isn’t the US’s fight, it’s Europe’s. Russia is part of the West as much as the US is for the last 500 years. The Cold War is over, we need to understand this is not a bilateral situation and that the EU is as much of a global rival as Russia is. More so in fact since the EU has a functioning economy
2. The horrors of the “West” in your definition need to be brought up simply due to the “people in glass houses” cliche. The US, Ukraine, EU cannot throw stones when there is no innocence

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I don’t care what kind of actor Putin is, nor do I think he can be negotiated with.

in fact, I am much more willing to sacrifice the whole eastern bloc than risk any American dollars or lives.

1. This isn’t the US’s fight, it’s Europe’s. Russia is part of the West as much as the US is for the last 500 years. The Cold War is over, we need to understand this is not a bilateral situation and that the EU is as much of a global rival as Russia is. More so in fact since the EU has a functioning economy
2. The horrors of the “West” in your definition need to be brought up simply due to the “people in glass houses” cliche. The US, Ukraine, EU cannot throw stones when there is no innocence
Have people in our glass house threatened a neighbor with nukes after a failed invasion lately?

And what constitutes throwing stones here? Helping a country defend an invasion and saying nuke threats are bad? That’s a weird take.

Reactions: Woke AF and afoaf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Not a surprise, you have no sense of right vs. wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Projection? So It doesn't mean that much to you

You'd rather kill other people's kids for some false sense of right and wrong
Wrong stupid, Projection is the owner of the most childlike mind here trying to call someone else out. Projection is so ingrained in you warped worldview that you do not even realize when you are doing it.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Wrong stupid, Projection is the owner of the most childlike mind here trying to call someone else out. Projection is so ingrained in you warped worldview that you do not even realize when you are doing it.
Remember what I said about ad hominems...

Thanks for letting me know i'm right

Your childlike mind can only comprehend binaries. In reality there are multiple angles, and self-preservation is the most important angle in geopolitics

Instead you lap up what the regime has told you and gladly let them steal your money and send it to a regional conflict that is meaningless to us

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Remember what I said about ad hominems...

Thanks for letting me know i'm right

Your childlike mind can only comprehend binaries. In reality there are multiple angles, and self-preservation is the most important angle in geopolitics

Instead you lap up what the regime has told you and gladly let them steal your money and send it to a regional conflict that is meaningless to us
Meaningless, you really are delusional. As for binary thinking, how about "No transgender should be accepted in any walk of life"? Before you start screeching that was a paraphrase

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Happy 70th Birthday Vladimir!!!

You mischievous little scamp you!

Take the day off. Turn up the tunes in the bunker. A little potato vodka, some Afghani opium, just nuclear your schedule and relax little buddy! It's all going to be OK. Sent you something by the way. Special delivery!

• Haha
Reactions: hammies

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

1. The EU, and Europe in general, is way more of a geopolitical partner and ally than it is an economic rival, and it's been like this for a century. And Russia *should* be part of the West but it has resisted integrating itself with the rest of Europe since Tsarist times because nationalism and other reasons.
2. You are correct in asserting the West and the US are not innocent, there are many skeletons in our collective closet. But that does not excuse us from doing the morally right thing and assisting Ukraine in their efforts to beat back the Russian invaders.

Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
1. The EU, and Europe in general, is way more of a geopolitical partner and ally than it is an economic rival, and it's been like this for a century. And Russia *should* be part of the West but it has resisted integrating itself with the rest of Europe since Tsarist times because nationalism and other reasons.
2. You are correct in asserting the West and the US are not innocent, there are many skeletons in our collective closet. But that does not excuse us from doing the morally right thing and assisting Ukraine in their efforts to beat back the Russian invaders.
1. And this is the globalist agenda. Alliances don't stop people from being rivals
2. It is more morally wrong to put our citizens at risk financially and physically over a country without economic or strategic interests

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
1. Your heroes are globalists
2. The war in Ukraine caused massive worldwide financial disruptions.
Your worldview is as myopic as it is childish.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot