Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Charles de Gaulle took France out of NATO (and secretly hated the US). CDG wanted France to be known as a global power on par with the US....always romanticizing about the days that they were. They are not a member no matter what Wikipedia claims. Maybe "member" is a fungible term though. Germany is clearly a card carrying member of NATO but functionally not a member in the least...where France is absolutely committed to the security of Europe and the most reliable global ally of the western world..more-so than the US today.
Basically, you are saying "I don't care what France or NATO says, France is not a member of NATO!"
Right?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
PTSD from two awful wars that decimated the strong male genes of a whole continent can create a whole population that lives in an imagined utopia, and we’re seeing the results of that now
Somebody forgot to take their Rogan Alpha Brain pills today.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
my hovel is hovelier than thous!!!
Your hovel is in Manhattan Beach and probably costs 4x what my hovel does. Did you literally just get done hearing a shouting match between your neighbors? The one I don't really know who seems scared of me was calling the other one a f-----g bitch. The other one whose murder I described in detail the eleventieth time she left me nowhere to park and finally stopped parking my spot's boyfriend was shouting shut up. The first one's boyfriend suggested everyone go inside - he's apparently a martial arts expert. Now the cops are here.

Shame it's a schoolnight or I might be hooking up a Big Ball of Blanco.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Your hovel is in Manhattan Beach and probably costs 4x what my hovel does. Did you literally just get done hearing a shouting match between your neighbors? The one I don't really know who seems scared of me was calling the other one a f-----g bitch. The other one whose murder I described in detail the eleventieth time she left me nowhere to park and finally stopped parking my spot's boyfriend was shouting shut up. The first one's boyfriend suggested everyone go inside - he's apparently a martial arts expert. Now the cops are here.

You should get a dog. Not one you like....just like, a disposable one. I'm sure there's a dog dealer in FT Pierce that has just what your looking for, You can give it some of Duffys steroids and not feed it for a week and turn it loose.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You should get a dog. Not one you like....just like, a disposable one. I'm sure there's a dog dealer in FT Pierce that has just what your looking for, You can give it some of Duffys steroids and not feed it for a week and turn it loose.
I don't do dependents. And honestly I am not sure what the commotion was but it quieted down before I went to sleep and having had basically zero problems for a few years now, I want to maintain the peace at this point.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

to each their own, I guess...

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Because France is not a member of NATO. They have an alliance with NATO but there's a distinction there.
The French diplomatic arm of the govt says this:

1644428848735.png

1644428744103.png

It is my understanding that the various states that belong to NATO all have their 'conditions of participation", aka "a distinction". As such, to me at least, this means France is in NATO.

If your point is that their conditions of participation/distinction means that they are not part of NATO, we can agree to disagree and move on to other topics like how it should first be Europe responding to their Russian neighbor before the US of A....after all, Ukraine isn't a member of NATO.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Speaking of bitcoins in Ukraine...

----------
Ukrainian paramilitary groups have been fighting Russian-sponsored forces in the eastern part of country at varying levels of intensity since the 2014 Russian invasion, but only recently have these groups begun to fund themselves with bitcoin donations, according to a Tuesday analysis published by blockchain analytics firm Elliptic.

“These groups are funded by private donors, who have used bank wires and payment apps to donate millions of dollars,” the report says. “Bitcoin BTCUSD, -0.11% has also emerged as an important alternative funding method, allowing international donors to bypass financial institutions that are blocking payments to these groups.”
--------------

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Speaking of bitcoins in Ukraine...

----------
Ukrainian paramilitary groups have been fighting Russian-sponsored forces in the eastern part of country at varying levels of intensity since the 2014 Russian invasion, but only recently have these groups begun to fund themselves with bitcoin donations, according to a Tuesday analysis published by blockchain analytics firm Elliptic.

“These groups are funded by private donors, who have used bank wires and payment apps to donate millions of dollars,” the report says. “Bitcoin BTCUSD, -0.11% has also emerged as an important alternative funding method, allowing international donors to bypass financial institutions that are blocking payments to these groups.”
--------------
the dark underbelly of crypto markets....

took a cue from Isis who got it from Al Qaeda...

I hear some people buy drugs online using Monera...

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Blinksmanship. I had no idea the raw numbers stack up so badly against NATO and the US, and of course the supply lines are much shorter for the Russians who also excel in winter warfare. Also, if we kick off another war in this region, we have no way of knowing whether it will become a larger Eastern European war like the wars we've started in the Middle East that led to the formation of ISIS and other non-state militaries and the strengthening of Iran.

Seems like signing a paper telling Russia we will NEVER admit the Ukraine to NATO is an easy, face-saving exit for everyone. Since our elites have not personally experienced the horrors of war, I am not confident we will find this exit. Hopefully, Boomer Blinken is averse to sending other people's kids to die in this folly.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Blinksmanship. I had no idea the raw numbers stack up so badly against NATO and the US, and of course the supply lines are much shorter for the Russians who also excel in winter warfare. Also, if we kick off another war in this region, we have no way of knowing whether it will become a larger Eastern European war like the wars we've started in the Middle East that led to the formation of ISIS and other non-state militaries and the strengthening of Iran.

Seems like signing a paper telling Russia we will NEVER admit the Ukraine to NATO is an easy, face-saving exit for everyone. Since our elites have not personally experienced the horrors of war, I am not confident we will find this exit. Hopefully, Boomer Blinken is averse to sending other people's kids to die in this folly.
Yes, we know Boris.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

On what basis do you claim Russia excels at winter warfare?

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
But now that Fightin Joe Biden has Vlad Pop in his gun sights, those people better get out of Dodge because America, by golly, will absolutely not tolerate any violation of, or even disrespect for Ukraine's sacred borders.

If there's one thing Fightin Joe holds more dear than anything other than Crack Pipes for everyone, it's borders. Yes Fat... B O R D E R S