Anyone want to buy the last untouched lot of road front land in the heart of Santa Teresa CR?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i will say that Santa Teresa has elements of all of the above, but is undeniably one of the most beautiful stretches of white sand beach in all of CR, with consistent and varied beach break and even some reef breaks for literally miles in either direction, and rarely is there truly nothing to surf. All the months I've spent down there collectively, were always in the "off season" surf-wise, and i only really saw a couple of flat days here and there. Diurnal wind pattern you can set a clock by. Can also turn into a hollow barreling beast with a medium to large south, or even a big enough NW to make it down there (it has the NW exposure, it's just really far south obvi. A Mavericks/todos swell would be well overhead or more in ST, if there was enough period and west)

Expats, many have some real money, some are more average. and everything in between. Celebs occasionally getting drunk and dancing on beach bars naked. Lot of diversity for good and for bad. Good, because the variety and quality of food and accents and global mixing down there is absolutely bonkers, when you think about the fact that you're in Costa Rica.

Argentines, Israelis, Italians, Scandinavian, Americans, of course, plenty of Ticos stuck around to build their lives there too. Colombians and Nicaraguans at various levels of the socioeconomic scale…It's not all 1 first world expats.

There is BIG money on the ocean front lots, and those big estates on the hills just above the costal road (that's where Tom and Giselle live part of the year) are also right out of Architectural Digest or a James Bond movie. But it still also has that scrappy, funky, surfer/hippy/traveler party vibe too. that's not gone, it's just learning to exist side by side with the wealthy jet set.

that’s the good. The bad, is there is a bit more common crime and theft etc than there was years ago. the ticos blame the invading nicas, the nicas just want to work and are generally willing to risk immigration violations in order to work the lowest paying jobs (sound familiar) and my personal take, based on years of visiting both places with many friends who have lived in both countries for many years, my money is on regular criminals from Costa Rica herself, not the nicas coming down to work in the wealthy Beach towns. Maybe I’m wrong, but the few people I know who’s homes were invaded over the years, and the people who have been ripped off in various ways, it ain’t nicos doing it

private security is pretty standard if your private resort or even private residence has any sort of real means and value. There are cops around the peninsula more now, but, it’s still Costa Rica.

lot of people of average or above average 1st world means who have gone ex pat,they hire private armed response security. Guys that are right nearby, and can be there with guns in 2 minutes.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
my friends got 400 acres in playa hermosa 27 years ago for $400,000.00. now they are selling 1/4 acres for $250,000.00. they go to the ments on a private yacht whenever it seems like they want to. their personal houses don't show the wealth. it's amazing. they live just as they did when they were scraping together the last $20,000.00 to get the place.
That’s also why I bought that half acre in iguana at a fire sale Covid Price…what’s that gonna be worth in 10 years…20…Ortega and his wife just hide out on their heavily guarded family compounds, and eventually they will just die anyway. Nicaragua keeps her spirit alive and mostly ignore the government and go about their lives

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Post up the coordinates please. What’s the community makeup like, full/part timers, tico/extranjero, goods and services (aside from vacation renters stuff, like if you lived there)?
Has become fairly First world for such a far flung surf town. Ample modern supermarkets, banks, dizzying variety of restaurants. Hell there’s even a rental car place and a huge hardware store…Lots of tico families have done well and still live and run businesses there etc. but lots of expats from around the world as well. The county seat, Cobano, is only 20 minuutes away and it’s a big enough town with some government offices you would need to deal with for permits and stuff. Short puddle jump to San Jose, or a 6 hour drive. Definitely fly. But also at least once rent a car or truck and drive, take the car ferrry at sunset to Paquera, just for the fun of it. One of the prettiest ferry rides in the world, cold beer or cuba libre in hand

all that said, it is just one long dusty dirt road up and down 7 of the prettiest miles of beach you could think of. Even if there is a supermarket where the old fried chicken stand once was. It’s still pretty rustic and authentic and international

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Top for a verbally accepted offer, just thought you guys should hear it here first
wish me and my Lawyers luck in closing this bitch and making subway some coin