Anyone want to buy the last untouched lot of road front land in the heart of Santa Teresa CR?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
This is like a preview before we officially list in a few days. Here’s the deets. Its .7 acres (2700 square meters) with 40+ big healthy old mango trees (not fruit bearing anymore, alas, but still beautiful and create amazing shade and would be a dream for a landscape architect to work with in creating an eden) totally untouched except for a well maintained barbed wire fence on the road front.

it’s a loooooong narrow lot going up the hill. 20 meters of prime road frontage for commercial Usage, and vacation home or full on mini resort like the ones on either side. Or, if you have no interest in running a business, you wall off the front, and you build your own private compound in paradise with bathtub warm water, extremely consistent and sometimes world class beach break 100 meters from your driveway. But, it is the heart of a party town with micro resorts on either side, and La Lora right across the street. So it’s probably more suited for commercial activity or a little resort with like 12 little villas and a pool/bar/restaurant. Woven into the hillside amongst the mango trees.

anyway, it’s the last lot of its kind in town, and now with this influx people going expat and remote, multi million dollar deals are now the norm down in ST and Mal Pais. I mean, if it’s good enough for Tom and gisele, there’s something going there.

we’re listing it at 1.5 million US, which I think is a steal considering you could make a modest investment in construction and have a million dollar a year resort in no time. Probably more if you went really high end.

i personally am a very small owner. The primary owner needs to raise some money to pursue some other projects, so he wants to sell while it’s hot again now that COVID isn’t as much an issue etc. I personally would wait another 5-10 years and sell it for 10 million bucks. But it’s his call, so, here we are. For the right peole and the right dream, or even an intenrational group of boutique hotels, it’s a steal for what that piece of land can easily generate. My team down there says buying activity has gotten so frantic, just putting up a for sale sign will have their phones howling. People have been eying and wondering about our last piece of paradise for years. That little sign my man is putting out tomorrow may very well get us that 1.5 in a week. We’ll see. Heady times

if you wanna see pics and get more details, hit me up. There would obviously be a little love involved for a fast offer from an erBBer ;)

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I spent some time on this stretch right after the power lines went in, still pretty quiet and rural. I have heard it has blown up big time, roads paved yet?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
not yet, but getting there
Ban this ***hole already
I'll take that for the high quality joke that it was. If you're serious though, consider yourself challenged and called out. Meat me to my face. Pitbull's at dawn, followed by a breathe holding contest and a surf off at Sloughs. First man to fall has to eat the marshmallow

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
GLWTS but i would want to be somewhere way more remote, costa rica is too crowded!

All these white dudes buying land ruined it :monkey: :roflmao:
totally agree, but there is a whole wide world of not all white dudes with tons of money who would love this piece of paradise. it's already a developed stretch of the coast, this last lot isn't like some f*&ing nature preserve, it's flanked by two walled off micro resorts. Luckily the hilltops above those lots (including ours) are in fact preserved for posterity and nature

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
totally agree, but there is a whole wide world of not all white dudes with tons of money who would love this piece of paradise. it's already a developed stretch of the coast, this last lot isn't like some f*&ing nature preserve, it's flanked by two walled off micro resorts. Luckily the hilltops above those lots (including ours) are in fact preserved for posterity and nature
Just fucking with you, good buddy bought land there a decade ago. I am a broken record telling him how he ruined the place. Then he burns me and makes me buy the imperials!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
If subway went to Indo you guys would want his head on a stake!!

Would love to have 1.5 just to YOLO. My land yolos are much more speculative.
Anyone want to buy a farm in Wales :roflmao: :roflmao:
ah now I get it, you guys think I own a much bigger stake in this than I do. I'm literally just a 5% owner, I'm just the schmuck who's been the only one responsible enough to maintain our taxes, upkeep, legal affairs etc. The other owners did agree to pay me an additional 1% of the sale price though for the 17 years of managing this investment from abroad

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
ah now I get it, you guys think I own a much bigger stake in this than I do. I'm literally just a 5% owner, I'm just the schmuck who's been the only one responsible enough to maintain our taxes, upkeep, legal affairs etc. The other owners did agree to pay me an additional 1% of the sale price though for the 17 years of managing this investment from abroad
I read your post. Just giving ya a hard time :cool: I am sure it will be a quick sale!

You should always celebrate others success as your own anyway.

Reactions: Subway

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
not yet, but getting there

I'll take that for the high quality joke that it was.
Great, because that’s what it was :beer:

If you're serious though, consider yourself challenged and called out. Meat me to my face. Pitbull's at dawn, followed by a breathe holding contest and a surf off at Sloughs. First man to fall has to eat the marshmallow
:ROFLMAO: :drowning:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
and just remember where that marshmallow has been during all of the earlier challenges! :sick:

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
is that the spot i scouted out for you a few years back cause you hadn't seen it in a while? sent you the pics? that's a nice piece of land in a pretty cool little neck of the woods. it's not nosara or tamarindo...yet. when it is, the 1.5M will be recouped X10.

Reactions: Subway

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
ST/MP = pura magia

blue zone life!

EDIT - maybe not for much longer. paved roads in the near future? breaks my heart.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
man, the pulvo on that road is sent from el Diablo de la playa mal pais himself. Y this Diablo answers only to Cthulhu. I hear you on the “loss of character” that paving will bring, but if they do it right (at least by tico standards) it can be done tastefully with lots of those oversized speed humps. No way can that road take any more vehicles doing 40+.

People and dogs get killed occasionally, but I guess that happens on a lot roads of all types across the world. especially internationally known surf/party/yoga/eco/nature towns. I mean there are people wandering drunk and aimlessly on that road 22 hours a day, and drunk folks doing fifty on a curvy dusty road with headlights on a rental that have been all but blacked by dust in just a few days time, and boom. Dead Swedish tourist on his first surf trip.

But you know full well the cops won’t lift a finger to actively patrol and prevent speeding, so you just gotta build those humps, as annoying and lame as they are, to keep that road from becoming a paved bloodbath and REALLY affecting the safety, charm, and blue zone quality of life there. But the dust there is REALLY bad for the people that live and or work right on the road edge (note that’s why I keep mentioning how deep our lot goes back from the road. 140 meters. About one and a half football fields. Cause anything within 10 feet of that dust in the dry half of the year, it better be walled, or used for parking, or completely landscaped shut, or perhaps even a front building that’s enclosed and glassed and air conditioned and used for retail or small biz space. Massage parlor in front, paradise in back.

Last edited: