Anyone want to buy the last untouched lot of road front land in the heart of Santa Teresa CR?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
is that the spot i scouted out for you a few years back cause you hadn't seen it in a while? sent you the pics? that's a nice piece of land in a pretty cool little neck of the woods. it's not nosara or tamarindo...yet. when it is, the 1.5M will be recouped X10.
Yessir. I think my homie is a fool to sell now, but, it’s ultimately his call. He was cool enough all those years ago to let Bruce and I each chip in 5k on a whim and a conviction that we knew full well Santa Teresa would become a world famous hot spot. And sh!t, if we really score, I’ll still clear 75k. I’m not about to sit here and act like that won’t make my day, especially since it will all be down there. Hell I’m still stocked I made nearly 10 this year just barely dabbling in crypto. I haven’t been making the kind of money this past year (and months to come) that allowed me to live how I was living all those years. Had to actually organize our monthly budget. How freaking plebeian is that. I don’t even bother checking what a first class ticket would cost any more. I mean, feel my pain my brothers :foreheadslap: :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
is there a link or map address
No listing posted yet. If google map “esencia hotel” Santa Teresa cr, we are the sliver of jungle just north of esencia (the owner of which has been low balling us for YEARS lol.. 400,000? No sir, not a chance. 900 or nothing. Repeat every couple of years.he knows how much he would be banking just building another row of bungalows and maybe widen the pool bar etc. he just doesn’t have the money to afford it. We may have taken 800 many years ago, but not now.7 figure deals are the norm there now, not the outlier

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Just looked at G maps. The various icons are all a bit off place, but ignoring them as business names, the icons themselves do in fact frame our slice of the old mango orchard, you can’t tell from the pic, but the top third of the lot really gains some elevation quickly. Steep but not too steep. With the right architect and right arborist, ocean views are a possibility I would think. Our slice more specifically is the green canopy between and under the icons of the falcon grill and the Cafca cafe, going 140 meters up the hill, getting steeper as you get towards the back of the land
188FEB96-AF69-436A-96AC-EAC346436116.jpeg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I'm pretty sure that I could have purchased Tamarindo for 1.5, back in the day.
You could have bought HUGE Finca sized lots in ST back in the 80s and 90s. hardly any ticos lived there themselves, it was so sparsely populated that the government bought/already owned huge swaths of land to literally give away to ticos who’d either develop, or sell to rich foreigners, who would then open businesses and bring money and further investment etc, there are still small scale but respectable beef cattle ranches all over the peninsula… Program was called IDA but I Can’t recall the Spanish in the acronym

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
my friends got 400 acres in playa hermosa 27 years ago for $400,000.00. now they are selling 1/4 acres for $250,000.00. they go to the ments on a private yacht whenever it seems like they want to. their personal houses don't show the wealth. it's amazing. they live just as they did when they were scraping together the last $20,000.00 to get the place.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
my friends got 400 acres in playa hermosa 27 years ago for $400,000.00. now they are selling 1/4 acres for $250,000.00. they go to the ments on a private yacht whenever it seems like they want to. their personal houses don't show the wealth. it's amazing. they live just as they did when they were scraping together the last $20,000.00 to get the place.
Not amazing at all actually. Sounds like you have very intelligent friends, who have definitely learned that Less is More.

:shrug:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Is he sober?

I'm not asking to be a dick.

I wonder if you get a windfall like that if you can't help but get carried away.

I wonder if you met through work.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Walk time to consistent good waves?

It looks like you’re within stumbling distance from the disco bar so there’s that.

Prices are wild there.

Ditch the mango trees that don’t produce. Lots of mess for no fruit.

Reactions: keenfish

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Is he sober?

I'm not asking to be a dick.

I wonder if you get a windfall like that if you can't help but get carried away.

I wonder if you met through work.
I was already a full blown Alkie by college, but when I started making 200+ at around 30 years old, it certainly sped up my descent. Cause then I had spending money (not to mention an expense account to take clients on my benders) to drink however, whenever, and wherever I wanted, including in the office and on the many surf trips I was taking, and I had the ever increasing performance and cash flow to keep it up until I realized I was heading for deaths door and finally hung it up At 35

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was already a full blown Alkie by college, but when I started making 200+ at around 30 years old, it certainly sped up my descent. Cause then I had spending money (not to mention an expense account to take clients on my benders) to drink however, whenever, and wherever I wanted, including in the office and on the many surf trips I was taking, and I had the ever increasing performance and cash flow to keep it up until I realized I was heading for deaths door and finally hung it up At 35
I wonder how many people that the addiction really gets out of control when they get a windfall.

I think that not having money could make you drink too.

I was talking to a guy who quit and he said he was drinking wine every night.

I asked how much?

He said, Three bottles.

I was like holy sh!t.

That is too much.

I'm done if I drink one bottle.

I feel hung over even when I don't drink now.

At 60 my priority now is to get back great shape.

That is the best high

cocaine is good too

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
3 bottles of wine, thats fine with dinner. Throw in 4 big stoli martinis with the apps, and some scotch with dessert, and that was a quiet dinner date for me.

a quiet night at home was no less than a liter of vodka, over ice with a splash of club soda and fresh lime

a bender was usually kicked off with a lunch as described as a dinner date above, followed by an afternoon and evening of blacked out cavorting around the highest and lowest drinking dens of the city

• Wow

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Walk time to consistent good waves is about 15 -30 seconds
Post up the coordinates please. What’s the community makeup like, full/part timers, tico/extranjero, goods and services (aside from vacation renters stuff, like if you lived there)?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Living in central America with a bunch of expat surfers seems to me like the 7th level of hell.
Most people bring their trips with them and don’t stay long enough to get rid of them. Some sell for more than they paid going in, some sell for less when they check out. If you have disposable income that you want to dispose (be deposed) of start at the border and head south.