ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I watched it not long ago... I was amazed at how pointless it was (and I like Tarantino's movies). but I get how old timers might appreciate it... I sure didn't and wouldn't recommend this.

Watched the 3 Creed movies the last couple weeks... if you like Rocky, they're pretty watchable. Not groundbreaking by any means, just a good ol' underdog story.
Do you even know who the Real Don Steele is?

Also the scene where DiCaprio fuks up a scene and has a breakdown in his trailer is hilarious and then he come sback and and nails the next scene with the abducted girl. That was great acting IMHO. Actors portraying acting must be difficult. Margo Robbie did a great job of that in "Babylon."

Reminds me of the song, "Show biz kids making movies about themselves, you know they don;t give a fuk about anybody else." I always thought the chorus was "Life's sweet, yes, you know that life's sweet."

Great guitar work by Rick Derringer

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Do you even know who the Real Don Steele is?

Also the scene where DiCaprio fuks up a scene and has a breakdown in his trailer is hilarious and then he come sback and and nails the next scene with the abducted girl. That was great acting IMHO. Actors portraying acting must be difficult. Margo Robbie did a great job of that in "Babylon."

Reminds me of the song, "Show biz kids making movies about themselves, you know they don;t give a fuk about anybody else." I always thought the chorus was "Life's sweet, yes, you know that life's sweet."

Great guitar work by Rick Derringer

The acting was top notch. It just felt kinda pointless to be perfectly honest... almost felt like he wrote the entire movie just for the fantasy of fucking up the Manson killers. This one didn't work for me. I had a good time watching basically by enjoying those actors chew the scenery, but for me in the end it felt pointless.

Cool thing about movies is you can love something that was absolutely thrashed by everything and everyone and you can hate something everyone else absolutely loved. I certainly did not love this one... maybe we can blame my high expectations, it took me forever to watch this and I usually really like Tarantino's movies. Not this one.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The acting was top notch. It just felt kinda pointless to be perfectly honest... almost felt like he wrote the entire movie just for the fantasy of fucking up the Manson killers. This one didn't work for me. I had a good time watching basically by enjoying those actors chew the scenery, but for me in the end it felt pointless.

Cool thing about movies is you can love something that was absolutely thrashed by everything and everyone and you can hate something everyone else absolutely loved. I certainly did not love this one... maybe we can blame my high expectations, it took me forever to watch this and I usually really like Tarantino's movies. Not this one.
Tarantino is the most overrated producer in all of Hollywood. His movies are contrived and overproduced.

Yeah- I said it :ban:

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Talking about Tarantino movies I missed... never watched The Hateful Eight... hope my expectations don't get the best of me when I get to it.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
if you thought Once upon a time.. was slow (i didnt and loved it) youll think hateful 8 is very slow. i thought it was great tho.
I can handle slow movies. my gripe with Once Upon.... was that it felt pointless. When it got to the end I couldn't shake the feeling that the entire movie was just an excuse for those finals scenes and I felt cheated. But that's ok.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

I liked it. The ending was nihilistic and pointless but so is Hollywood and he captured this well. DiCaprio's acting was unbelievable - that seen where he's threatening himself in the trailer to act better followed by the shoot of him acting as a villain.

Otherwise, time for a post-mortem of Hollywood.
Entire years go by where I can't find a new movie to watch. It's really gotten bad over the past 10 years. Both Scorsese and Tarantino have remarked on this.

• Love
Reactions: Havoc and kpd73

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
1688568915525.jpeg

The Nice Guys

R
2016 ‧ Action/Crime ‧ 1h 50m

its on netflix now
i think u folks would like it

Reactions: Chile Verde

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Tarantino movies, or ones he was involved with, rated in order of goodness imho....

Reservoir Dogs
Reservoir Dogs
Reservoir Dogs 1,2 and 3...
Then....

Hateful Eight
Django Unchained
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Inglorious Bastards
Jackie Brown
4 Rooms
True Romance
Pulp Fiction
Death proof
Once Upon a Time
Dusk till Dawn
Sin City

But that's just MHO.

:jamon:

Not sure if there's a TV series thread, but just started Mr. Mercedes. Holy Fook is it dark, gory and tragic... but so well made, such good acting. Only on season 1 of 3.

:computer::shrug:

Reactions: CutnSnip

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I watched two Nicholas Cage films this week, The Old Way and Renfield. The Old Way was a slow ass western with the typical retribution tale. N.C. played a retired gunslinger that tried to start a new life but his past caught up with him. There were some good gunfight scenes but overall it was pretty "meh". Renfield on the other hand was freaking hilarious and N.C. was perfect for the part of Dracula. It's quite gory and Awkwafina cusses profusely throught the film so this is NOT a movie for kids. It had me laughing and cringing throughout the entire film.
We also watched 80 for Brady which was a surprisingly good time.

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
I liked it. The ending was nihilistic and pointless but so is Hollywood and he captured this well. DiCaprio's acting was unbelievable - that seen where he's threatening himself in the trailer to act better followed by the shoot of him acting as a villain.
That was a great scene. Yelling at himself, threatening to shoot himself. Then he promises to stop drinking, so he immediately takes another shot, then throws the flask.

The scene where Brad Pitt is facing Tex who is pointing a gun at his face. Tripping on acid Pitt says "Are you for real?" "I'm as real as a donut" says Tex. They both start cackling hysterically.

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'm not a anime geek... I get there's lots of good anime content, but I was never much into it... not my style. But out of boredom I started watching Vinland Saga on netflix yesterday. because I heard good things about it... Vikings stories...

...man, that's a good watch if you can get over some of the anime type style... like, even if it's gritty you know at some point there will be a dude that looks like a frog. But I was hooked rather quickly and saw myself binging 8 episodes straight. The 2 seasons available should keep my boredom in check for the next week or so.