ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
i thought the first one was excellent
Just watched it. I really liked it, it's up my alley. Incredibly slow going sci-fi movie though. the entire 2:30 hours feels like an intro (and it kinda is).

Incredibly slow or not, it got me hooked. It's a good thing the sequel's out later this year. Not too much waiting around. Thanks for the tip!!

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
I watched Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes, last night. I thought it was pretty good, but I'd recommend watching the miniseries "Chernobyl" first.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Dune was great.

I watched "The Wife" (2017) with Glenn Close recently and really liked it.

Reactions: PRCD

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
anything with michael dorman. the patriot, for all mankind and joe picket, and one hell of a musician

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I don't know if I alread mentioned this, but this was a good flick. The setting (Wadi Rum?) is magical.

"The strong eat the weak."

Reactions: Aruka

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"Once Upon A Time ...In Hollywood" by the great Quentin Tarantino! I am soooo glad I finally saw it for the first time just now. You need to be an old timer to really appreciate it. Great to hear those old songs and radio commercials from 1969. "93 KHJ...Los Angeles." I am astonished that near the end, before they split up, DiCaprio and Brad Pitt's characters had dinner in CASA VEGA, where I worked for 12 years! It was my last job as bookkeeper before retiring in 2014. One day Mr. Vega, my boss, and founder and owner of Casa Vega, took down an oil painting an ornery customer cut with a knife. Mr Vega thought it was ruined, but I told him I could repair it and I did, using white glue and cloth on the back. Then I retouched the painting with some oil paint. He hung it on the wall again! He asked me how much I owed him for the repair and I said nothing because I repaired it on company time. It's a bull fight scene. Next time you are at Casa Vega on Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks, see if you can find it hanging on the wall.

Reactions: Random Guy

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
"Once Upon A Time ...In Hollywood" by the great Quentin Tarantino! I am soooo glad I finally saw it for the first time just now. You need to be an old timer to really appreciate it. Great to hear those old songs and radio commercials from 1969. "93 KHJ...Los Angeles." I am astonished that near the end, before they split up, DiCaprio and Brad Pitt's characters had dinner in CASA VEGA, where I worked for 12 years! It was my last job as bookkeeper before retiring in 2014. One day Mr. Vega, my boss, and founder and owner of Casa Vega, took down an oil painting an ornery customer cut with a knife. Mr Vega thought it was ruined, but I told him I could repair it and I did, using white glue and cloth on the back. Then I retouched the painting with some oil paint. He hung it on the wall again! He asked me how much I owed him for the repair and I said nothing because I repaired it on company time. It's a bull fight scene. Next time you are at Casa Vega on Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks, see if you can find it hanging on the wall.
I watched it not long ago... I was amazed at how pointless it was (and I like Tarantino's movies). but I get how old timers might appreciate it... I sure didn't and wouldn't recommend this.

Watched the 3 Creed movies the last couple weeks... if you like Rocky, they're pretty watchable. Not groundbreaking by any means, just a good ol' underdog story.

Reactions: grapedrink