ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Season 1 of Prey was great. Three episodes. The plot has shades of The Fugitive. British accents give it that air of sophistication that makes you feel cultured for sitting on your ass 1.5 hours. Great watch.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I loved the Card Counter.

His new one, "Master Gardener" is pretty mellow even though it has a pretty crazy backstory from the main character. He calls it the third movie of a trilogy of "First Reformed", "Card Counter" and "Master Gardener". Def. worth seeing.
First Reformed was nuts...great acting by Ethan Hawke. Just watched the Green Knight and really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Aruka

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Twas absolute trash. At least you could turn it off. My wife and kids insisted on seeing it in the theater so I guess you had the big screen and 3-D glasses.

But if you spend hundreds of millions of dollars on special effects, why not at least invest a couple million into a decent script? Or is that too complex for Oklahoma/China?

I saw the new Vacation movie pop up on TV, gave it a go, made it 10 minutes. Just wasn't really funny - it tried way too hard.
I think they just want to show off the alien world and that's it... and maybe that's enough for the idiots who love this... there seem to be plenty of them.

I mean, I probably think it's at least interesting enough because I watched the whole thing (not at once,r u crazay?!)... but yeah, a decent enough script would have made the ordeal feel a lot less like a chore. I mean... they got all the bad guys who were killed in the first movie... revived them as cat people and used them as villains again? I mean... ah, forget it.

Reactions: Chocki and Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think they just want to show off the alien world and that's it... and maybe that's enough for the idiots who love this... there seem to be plenty of them.

I mean, I probably think it's at least interesting enough because I watched the whole thing (not at once,r u crazay?!)... but yeah, a decent enough script would have made the ordeal feel a lot less like a chore. I mean... they got all the bad guys who were killed in the first movie... revived them as cat people and used them as villains again? I mean... ah, forget it.
I looked at my watch a lot in the theater. It was the first movie but with bad pidgin and it didn't end...

And three more of these?

Maybe condensed to a 5 minute youtube clip?

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Just watched “Tar,” with Cate Blanchette. Although her character is a lesbian, early in the film she voices the most eloquent and brutal takedown of gender/identity politics, at least as it relates to art. Ifall and PCRD would love it.

Cate won the Golden Globe for her performance and l’d bet she’ll win the Oscar.

Not a “feel good” movie though…

If you like classical music you’ll appreciate it.
It's kinda Postmodernist and labyrinthine.
Postmodernist and labyrinthine spelled and used correctly?

1687816760016.png

I tease, I tease......and now you made me want to see the movie.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Not a movie but I thought Beef on netflix was entertaining.

I've never found Ali Wong to be particularly attractive, but if that one scene was....well done. slow clap...

I'm halfway through the series, it seems like it's circling around the "everybody just wants to feel something" theme with a lot of episodes to go, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.

One can't help but project the character's feelings onto Ms. Wong's real life divorce.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Watched the 30 for 30 on Bruce Lee called Be Water.

Really damn good, especially with the backdrop of the civil rights movement.

I love the life concept of being like water, maintaining flow at all times but then being able to direct punishing force when needed. I was trained under different philosophy of being like a weed, persevering under all conditions no matter how dire and never giving up - enduring. Both can work in concert.