ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Just watched “Tar,” with Cate Blanchette. Although her character is a lesbian, early in the film she voices the most eloquent and brutal takedown of gender/identity politics, at least as it relates to art. Ifall and PCRD would love it.

Cate won the Golden Globe for her performance and l’d bet she’ll win the Oscar.

Not a “feel good” movie though…

If you like classical music you’ll appreciate it.

Reactions: Subway and Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Finally watched banshees of inish-something. Really unique film, could analyze for days. Also a non stop trip, considering it was filmed mostly on Inis Mor, where we just were this past Sept. Good to see Colin Farrell acting. He became a bit of a farce himself there for a while

those of you that have seen it, this photo (among the hundreds we have lol) is where like 80% of the “walking conversation“ scenes seemed to take place. Chicken skin, at times. Like when they were sitting on the walls of the old black fort (which you see in the far distance in this pic)

E70515FA-2D55-44F6-8BB4-D0D3812587A8.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: abalone and brukuns

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Just done watching Beverly Hills Cop for the n-th time. Been watching it since the 80s or something. My uncle had it on VHS back in the day and now I watch it on my computer :) The soundtrack is great and it's funny. The last shoot-out part is a waste though.

Reactions: PRCD and Subway

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Just done watching Beverly Hills Cop for the n-th time. Been watching it since the 80s or something. My uncle had it on VHS back in the day and now I watch it on my computer :) The soundtrack is great and it's funny. The last shoot-out part is a waste though.
Reading this is enough to have that theme song on repeat for 2 months in my brain. Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Northern_Shores

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The Banshees of Inisherin was great. It was funnier than I expected.

Everything everywhere all at once was the best movie ive seen in a long time. It took me a while to find the beat but once I did I was completely immersed. I watched it last night and i feel like im still digesting it. The generational trauma theme was powerful.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The Banshees of Inisherin was great. It was funnier than I expected.

Everything everywhere all at once was the best movie ive seen in a long time. It took me a while to find the beat but once I did I was completely immersed. I watched it last night and i feel like im still digesting it. The generational trauma theme was powerful.
"I just don't like you anymore." :roflmao:

Great movie. Perfect blend of comedy and tragedy.

"Fecking" is also my new favorite word.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I know I'm going to get accused of wokery but seeing avatar 2 in 3D while on a couple weed gummies was fucking epic. A lot of people are afraid to enjoy things that could have 'woke' elements but you are missing out massively if you dont get high and see avatar. The story is basic, fine, its not the point. The point is that because of improvements in 3D and the detailed way in which each scene is crafted, is a much more immersive experience. You are closer to feeling what people in this situation would feel and that includes the incredible beauty of the land and creatures Avatar 2 might not be the best movie but its a new level of movie experience.
Friends of mine have told me seeing Cats while super high is the only way to view it.

• Dislike
Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Friends of mine have told me seeing Cats while super high is the only way to view it.
I don’t care if there’s something that makes a shite sandwich taste better it’s still a shite sandwich bro. Instead of getting super highs and watching some garbage movie about gay/transgender? (not that there’s anything wrong with that) human cat hybrids that even worse is a musical you could’ve watched one of the most badass films of all history

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Just watched “Tar,” with Cate Blanchette. Although her character is a lesbian, early in the film she voices the most eloquent and brutal takedown of gender/identity politics, at least as it relates to art.
An early glimpse of the characters narcissism. Totally unnecessary to cut-down a kid for having a silly unexamined attitude about something.

Good movie. (y)

Reactions: Aruka
May 28, 2022
"Dog Eat Dog" by Paul Schrader starring Nic Cage and Willem DeFoe.

It's an ultra-violent crime movie about three guys just released from prison trying to make a final score and then get out. The plot sounds like it's been done a million times and it probably has, but Schrader got final cut and is very proud of it. It kind of reminded me of a Elmore Leonard/Tarantino type of thing.

• Love
Reactions: Aruka and Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
"Dog Eat Dog" by Paul Schrader starring Nic Cage and Willem DeFoe.

It's an ultra-violent crime movie about three guys just released from prison trying to make a final score and then get out. The plot sounds like it's been done a million times and it probably has, but Schrader got final cut and is very proud of it. It kind of reminded me of a Elmore Leonard/Tarantino type of thing.
Thanks bro. I fucking love all three of those dudes

Reactions: rooster12000