ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Is that Cage playing Keitel?
I think HK gets killed in the original and no it’s not a remake or sequel but an homage? that pissed off the director of the original Abel Ferrara for a long time.

Open to a lot of interpretations as to what happens especially the end bc of the main character’s drug use and I love how Cage changes his acting/accent? depending on the drugs his character is on at the time.

Very interesting story about how it started as a standard cop drama then geniuses Werner Herzog and Cage get ahold of it and the screenwriter has a big acting role in it so gets to watch his script get weird firsthand.

Some spoilers

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Just saw Everything Everywhere All At Once. Well acted for sure but I am not sure it deserves Best Picture.

Reactions: $kully

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I have a distinct memory as a child of going to a drive-in double feature of Black Couldron and Full Metal Jacket. I think my parents thought we’d be sleeping by the time FMJ started but we weren’t. We never made it out of boot camp before my father drove us home.

Disclaimer: I’m not 100% certain that these two movies came out at the same time but that’s how I remember it. Possibly combining two seperate memories.
Same time more or less. But you could still be combining memories. Did Eilonwy love Taran long time?

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Solo
On Netflix.
Low budget, relatively.
Fairly well done IMHO.
Story is true.
Some beautiful shots of this place.
:waving::shaka:

Watch it, some local guys worked on the film, both as extras and film crew.

Worth the 1:30, if the sounds of bones cracking bother you, be warned... they do.

Reactions: Subway
Jan 8, 2023
Northman was absolute sh!t. I say that as someone who has seen some quality vikings shows (Vinland Saga, The Last Kingdom).

The lighthouse was fantastic.

I know I'm going to get accused of wokery but seeing avatar 2 in 3D while on a couple weed gummies was fucking epic. A lot of people are afraid to enjoy things that could have 'woke' elements but you are missing out massively if you dont get high and see avatar. The story is basic, fine, its not the point. The point is that because of improvements in 3D and the detailed way in which each scene is crafted, is a much more immersive experience. You are closer to feeling what people in this situation would feel and that includes the incredible beauty of the land and creatures Avatar 2 might not be the best movie but its a new level of movie experience.

Ok cue copy pasted cherry picked reasons why avatar is trash pulled you read on Stormfront.

Reactions: Witchipoo

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Northman was absolute sh!t. I say that as someone who has seen some quality vikings shows (Vinland Saga, The Last Kingdom).

The lighthouse was fantastic.

I know I'm going to get accused of wokery but seeing avatar 2 in 3D while on a couple weed gummies was fucking epic. A lot of people are afraid to enjoy things that could have 'woke' elements but you are missing out massively if you dont get high and see avatar. The story is basic, fine, its not the point. The point is that because of improvements in 3D and the detailed way in which each scene is crafted, is a much more immersive experience. You are closer to feeling what people in this situation would feel and that includes the incredible beauty of the land and creatures Avatar 2 might not be the best movie but its a new level of movie experience.

Ok cue copy pasted cherry picked reasons why avatar is trash pulled you read on Stormfront.
I took my niece and nephew to see avatar in 3D in the Dolby theater. I barely remembered the first one but took them figuring that they’d enjoy it and I was down to take in the spectacle. Man 3D really has come a long way. I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Aruka

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I took my niece and nephew to see avatar in 3D in the Dolby theater. I barely remembered the first one but took them figuring that they’d enjoy it and I was down to take in the spectacle. Man 3D really has come a long way. I really enjoyed it.
I don't think I can stomach 2+ hours of 3D... Always hated it. There should be a 10 minute sample somewhere/somehow to test sh!t out before committing to the entire movie. I hated so much watching the first avatar in 3D, it was basically torture.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I hated so much watching the first avatar, it was basically torture.
Couldn’t agree more bro. By the end I wanted the humans to kill all those stupid blue aliens so bad. I was so stocked when they destroyed the stupid blue hippies stupid tree of life or whatever stupid name it had. Looked like one of those cheesy fiber optic lamps they sold at Spencer‘s Gifts in the mall.
1675032691264.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023
Couldn’t agree more bro. By the end I wanted the humans to kill all those stupid blue aliens so bad. I was so stocked when they destroyed the stupid blue hippies stupid tree of life or whatever stupid name it had. Looked like one of those cheesy fiber optic lamps they sold at Spencer‘s Gifts in the mall.
View attachment 147100
hell yeah bruther. Stupid tree of life. so gay. You and Putin would get along great

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Can’t wait for Cocaine Bear! Saw a commercial for it during the Chiefs game.
Now that’s what I’m talking about bro, a bear high on cocaine. Just cuz it’s 2022 movies don’t have to have a message/be woke/suck. I’m also stocked to see Adam Driver fuck up some dinosaurs.

1675041673754.jpeg