Anyone Else Have a Crazy Gold Digger Sister In Law?

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
A friend of mine once told me that waiting on an inheritance to improve your life was a mistake since you're a lot closer in age to your parents than you think, they can live for a surprisingly long time, and by the time they die you may be too old to really enjoy the money.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
A friend of mine once told me that waiting on an inheritance to improve your life was a mistake since you're a lot closer in age to your parents than you think, they can live for a surprisingly long time, and by the time they die you may be too old to really enjoy the money.
im kind of assuming any money my parents have left over will go towards taking care of them when it gets to that point.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
im kind of assuming any money my parents have left over will go towards taking care of them when it gets to that point.
Beat me to it. A close friend had a wealthy Grandpa that at one time probably had an 8 figure fortune. Hilltop house on a huge lot in Marin County with a view. Grandma made it to 90ish and Gramps to 95, and they had round the clock in home care for at least a decade+. By the time the Gramps passed, the estate was barely over a million by the time it was all said and done.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Here are a few guesses why some well-off guys who could for sure do better knowingly marry goolddiggers:

1 I'm lonely/I need attention.
2 It is only money and sex is sex.
3 It is my money, my kids can earn theirs.
4 Have you seen her body?
5 No fool like an old fool.
6 I can change her.
7 She really is a good person and you don't know what it was like for her growing up.
8 It drives the ex crazy.
9 She thinks she'll get a kid out of this and trap me but she doesn't know about my vasectomy.
10 At last, a reason to not be a miser.
11 Mommy issues.

Here a few guesses why nice girls who otherwise have their sh!t together knowingly marry bad boys:

1 Why do you think I'm a "nice girl"?
2 This will show everyone I'm a real grown-up woman.
3 He's really a teddy bear under the leather.
4 I can change him.
5 Sex is so much better when you do it on a motorcycle in a dirty little alley.
6 Got tired of being bored and alone.
7 I don't deserve happiness/this is the best I can do.
8 Have you seen his body?
9 Life is simpler this way.
10 Got pregnant.
11 Daddy issues.

Try low self-esteem as a guess too.

Lots of that explains lots of the dissimilar couples one encounters going through life.

Take care.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
Beat me to it. A close friend had a wealthy Grandpa that at one time probably had an 8 figure fortune. Hilltop house on a huge lot in Marin County with a view. Grandma made it to 90ish and Gramps to 95, and they had round the clock in home care for at least a decade+. By the time the Gramps passed, the estate was barely over a million by the time it was all said and done.
That sucks.

Reactions: grapedrink

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I hope thats the case for mine, better yet they dont need much care and spend it traveling. I would rather have my parents around for years than any money. Told my mom give it to the grandkids if you must .

They have only just letted me start paying for stuff for them.Pops still always fights me about paying the bill at dinner. Never lets me pay, I have to sneak off and give waiter my card and then he gets pissed :roflmao:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
You people are my therapy. Whenever something is wrong I can come here and on a good day, enjoy a big heaping of positive well rounded viewpoints to help me keep things in perspective.
I dread losing my mother eventually and to think about any money to come my way tortures my soul... But not as much as having a spouse take half the money as soon as it's distributed. Luckily my wife is an angel of a person, as is my Mom.
I used only 2 semesters of the tuition, but not because I'm frugal or fiscally responsible, tuition is automatically covered at the county jail and lawyers are expensive, even within ones own family, those bills are high.
Sorry Mom.

• Wow
Reactions: keenfish

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
On a brighter note, today I got an invitation to my uncle's (deceased mom's older brother) 90th birthday party in Pasadena. Dude is totally on it mentally and physically and was even still working as an attorney until he retired about 3 years ago. Extended family is flying in from everywhere for the event.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
an inheritance is nice, but I'd rather my parents not be such miserable luddites with their remaining time and money and have a little fun for once

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
an inheritance is nice, but I'd rather my parents not be such miserable luddites with their remaining time and money and have a little fun for once
Fuck yeah. However as a parent I don't think I'd be able to have much fun knowing I'm not leaving anything to my kid.

It would be a good rule of thumb that you kinda have to leave your kids more than your parents left you. but drugs and hookers are nice too. :roflmao:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
A couple of great mysteries of life:
Why some well-off guys who could for sure do better knowingly marry goolddiggers.
Why nice girls who otherwise have their sh!t together knowingly marry bad boys.
Never understood it either. Truly one of lifes great mysteries

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Man some of this sounds exactly like my sil. Always has some weird health problem that seems to be made up. Can’t hold a job. Has sued multiple employers. She’s just not savvy enough to trap a well to do guy. She’s with a guy who is about on the same level as far as loser goes.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Man some of this sounds exactly like my sil. Always has some weird health problem that seems to be made up. Can’t hold a job. Has sued multiple employers. She’s just not savvy enough to trap a well to do guy. She’s with a guy who is about on the same level as far as loser goes.
Any dude with half a brain runs fast and far from drama queens like that.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Get this. She’s just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Holy fook if you didn’t know anything about it look it up!!! :socrazy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

E1B155D0-C21B-4D8D-9C71-9F39A16D7BDC.png7AACFAE8-D979-4189-B42C-E76F52115CA4.jpeg40FA162A-3534-4FEE-97FF-7DDE9A255772.png