Anyone Else Have a Crazy Gold Digger Sister In Law?

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
My brother has the opposite problem. My sister-in-law's family is loaded, have huge houses in Newport Beach, Nevada, Carmel, own boats, she's super down to earth, they both work and are self sufficient, so really, none of this is a problem at all. They just have a huge inheritance. Lucky bastid.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
My brother has the opposite problem. My sister-in-law's family is loaded, have huge houses in Newport Beach, Nevada, Carmel, own boats, she's super down to earth, they both work and are self sufficient, so really, none of this is a problem at all. They just have a huge inheritance. Lucky bastid.
Didn't want to post here as mine's quite the opposite as well, but since your bro's is good...

My sister in law, though at times unstable (what woman isn't?) is super hot, 2nd dan black belt, and is loads of fun to be with.

Mother in law is the exact opposite of the "average". Sweet as pie and a true peach.

Inheritance is "not an issue".

Sorry for everyone else, but marriage is basically a lottery. You buy the ticket, some look golden when you "pick them", but later you never know.

Goes both ways too, in case of "witchipoo" coming in... :roflmao:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i need that sort of significant other. ill be the gold digger in that sitch no problem and may even jump on a grenade!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
not my situation, but if said sister in law did IVF to have more kids than the other in-law siblings, so that they can request more inheritance based on this criteria from their in-laws and was able to get on the in-laws family trust, is this out of the ordinary

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
have you ever watched Succession on HBO?

I have recently heard of rapidly re-writing of trusts and pushing for post nuptial agreements in light of children, step children and in laws.

at least in my circles, this is mostly a result of the equity boom on their homes, and unexpected influx of family wealth. it’s like a lot of families just won the lottery and their kids found out.

Reactions: sizzld1 and Havoc

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
Regarding the inheritance question, I think it's best to raise children knowing that the money made and saved by the parents isn't theirs. Parents should feel comfortable giving it (almost) all away during their lifetime, or leave it to a favorite charity or 10. If parents choose to leave it to the children, it should be considered a pleasant surprise, not a right.
My two cents.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Regarding the inheritance question, I think it's best to raise children knowing that the money made and saved by the parents isn't theirs. Parents should feel comfortable giving it (almost) all away during their lifetime, or leave it to a favorite charity or 10. If parents choose to leave it to the children, it should be considered a pleasant surprise, not a right.
My two cents.
Our kids inherit property. That’s it. They know it.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Haha, property, that's "it"? In California, that could be a huge windfall. Kids inherit nothing here, unless there's no trust or will. Make sure you have a trust, erbb peeps!
We don’t have any plan to sell the properties in our lifetimes, they and their kids can either make something out if it or not.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Not rich. Was brought up to be hard-working, frugal and never expect windfalls especially inheritance, unless it results from working hard and being frugal. My family had little use for anyone not possessing these qualities, especially spouses.
That's just me, they offered tuition which is very generous and really good advice, but the quivers thread is an awfuls painful place for me. Sometimes I wish I was like them, those people with the quivers, traveling, surfing, beating back all the clawing goldiggers. Life is just not fair.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not rich. Was brought up to be hard-working, frugal and never expect windfalls especially inheritance, unless it results from working hard and being frugal. My family had little use for anyone not possessing these qualities, especially spouses.
That's just me, they offered tuition which is very generous and really good advice, but the quivers thread is an awfuls painful place for me. Sometimes I wish I was like them, those people with the quivers, traveling, surfing, beating back all the clawing goldiggers. Life is just not fair.
So did you take tuition?

I paid for all my school working part time.

Walking up hill to school both way barefoot. :dancing:

• Haha
Reactions: One-Off

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
So did you take tuition?

I paid for all my school working part time.

Walking up hill to school both way barefoot. :dancing:
My parents payed for a very high quality school before college. Near the end of it (I think I was 15ish) I only wanted to smoke pot and have fun with my friends, wasn't doing great at school. They had enough so they sent me to public school for my final year (here in Brazil public schools are worst of the worst)

It's a good thing I'm pretty easy going and everyone liked me, because I remember some "friends" telling stories about how they were robbing a dude and peeled his finger away to get his ring out, laughing hard while telling it... some really bad apples there).

Turns our it all worked out. Having studied in a excellent school my whole life plus me being a freaking genius (never had any private english classes or anything to paint you a picture), my score was top 20 on the SATs (called Vestibular here) for the college I wanted (very first among public school graduates)... and that year the governor was giving away scholarships to the 5 better placed public school graduates. I pretty much won the jackpot, my college was free.

My mom gets so mad when I tell her how crucial it was for me to be a pothead as a teen. lol. Poor thing has no idea I smoke 20x more now.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Why some well-off guys who could for sure do better knowingly marry goolddiggers.
Why nice girls who otherwise have their sh!t together knowingly marry bad boys.

Here are a few guesses why some well-off guys who could for sure do better knowingly marry goolddiggers:

1 I'm lonely/I need attention.
2 It is only money and sex is sex.
3 It is my money, my kids can earn theirs.
4 Have you seen her body?
5 No fool like an old fool.
6 I can change her.
7 She really is a good person and you don't know what it was like for her growing up.
8 It drives the ex crazy.
9 She thinks she'll get a kid out of this and trap me but she doesn't know about my vasectomy.
10 At last, a reason to not be a miser.
11 Mommy issues.

Here a few guesses why nice girls who otherwise have their sh!t together knowingly marry bad boys:

1 Why do you think I'm a "nice girl"?
2 This will show everyone I'm a real grown-up woman.
3 He's really a teddy bear under the leather.
4 I can change him.
5 Sex is so much better when you do it on a motorcycle in a dirty little alley.
6 Got tired of being bored and alone.
7 I don't deserve happiness/this is the best I can do.
8 Have you seen his body?
9 Life is simpler this way.
10 Got pregnant.
11 Daddy issues.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Haha, property, that's "it"? In California, that could be a huge windfall. Kids inherit nothing here, unless there's no trust or will. Make sure you have a trust, erbb peeps!
I tell my kids to be out of the house by 18 and to expect me to move in with them around the time they are 35.

I figure if I feed/clothe/raise three kids for 18 years, then they each owe me at least 10 years under their roof...this way I can rotate through them and freeload for AT LEAST 30 years after I've wasted all my money on hookers and drugs