Amazon minimum wage increase

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:
FecalFace said:
Just because "that's how it works" doesn't mean that that's how it should work.

workers > shareholders
Sure. How would you fix it? How much more would Amazon need to pay to make you feel good about their company?
I don't know, how many billions is enough billions?
This is Billy thinking. You must have an idea what fair is - what is it? What do people who do jobs anyone else can do deserve to earn in America?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
Except capitalism that's fair to workers exists elsewhere in the Western Kultur.

How would you know, you've been nowhere and know nothing.
Keep telling yourself that

Are you a big fan of affirmation? If you keep saying things over and over again they'll become true?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
StuAzole said:
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:
FecalFace said:
Just because "that's how it works" doesn't mean that that's how it should work.

workers > shareholders
Sure. How would you fix it? How much more would Amazon need to pay to make you feel good about their company?
I don't know, how many billions is enough billions?
This is Billy thinking. You must have an idea what fair is - what is it? What do people who do jobs anyone else can do deserve to earn in America?
I'll answer your question when you answer my question.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
Except capitalism that's fair to workers exists elsewhere in the Western Kultur.

Are you a big fan of affirmation? If you keep saying things over and over again they'll become true?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:
test_article said:
Companies offering inadequate pay are subsidized by welfare.
In a world with record job openings, there's no need for people to accept pay they don't feel is fair. If you can get a job at Amazon, you can get a job at Wal Mart or someplace else too.
That's a bullshit cop out.

There's no reason for Bezos not to pay his workers livable wages, other than greed.

This bullshit notion that "he did it all by himself", as though he created Amazon in a vacuum outside of American society, and that he owes nothing to anyone for his success, has to stop.
:foreheadslap:

God that's a disgusting notion

Who helped you? Are you giving away your money?
Hey look it's the Ayn Rand stale panty smeller again.

You don't exist in a vacuum. Amazon is not created in a vacuum and Bezos wouldn't get rich if he created Amazon on a deserted island without infrastructure and internet and paying people who help make him rich low wages.

I wouldn't have the same opportunities to pursue the work I love elsewhere.
I don't mind paying my share of taxes at all.
Where my tax money gets spent is another matter.

Speaking of disgusting notions, assimilate or GTFO. :poke:
We taxpayers are subsidizing companies that pay their employees too little. We're paying either way--directly or through taxation and gov't. borrowing.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
test_article said:
We taxpayers are subsidizing companies that pay their employees too little. We're paying either way--directly or through taxation and gov't. borrowing.
EGGZACTLY

But that's just "how it works". :shrug:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
test_article said:
EGGZACTLY

But that's just "how it works". :shrug:
Do you utilize write-offs for you business? Or do you pay full taxes?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:

Best picture ever

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
test_article said:
Expand. How so?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Why Amazon wage increase is not all it is hyped to be:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/technology/amazon-workers-pay-raise.html?smid=tw-nytimesbusiness&smtyp=cur

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I just can't believe Paul Ryan or his handlers or both allowed that photoshoot to happen

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/technology/amazon-workers-pay-raise.html?smid=tw-nytimesbusiness&smtyp=cur
I posted about this earlier in the thread

It was a bait and switch to get people like Bernie Sanders to STFU. So many times the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

That's why so many things do the best when left alone

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
FecalFace said:

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't change my thoughts. Bezos has no legal obligation to do anything different.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
StuAzole said:
FecalFace said:

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't change my thoughts. Bezos has no legal obligation to do anything different.
We all know what is legal, we are discussing what is fair.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I just need the stock to keep going up.

Stop picking on my little internet shopping company!

JB is a good man and he lifts weights!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:
FecalFace said:

We all know what is legal, we are discussing what is fair.
I asked previously. What's fair? How much more for Amazon employees doing a job that millions of others do for the same or less?