Album Surfboards

Jul 15, 2008
New boards arrived!

Now I need some swell to test them. I´m curious to see how "The End" goes.
My first 3 surfs on "The End":

Fast and fun board. It likes open walls and bigger waves than smaller ones, besides the low rocker. I was surprised by how good it was to knife under the lip in hollower waves. Very good paddler.

Not so sparky as other Album boards. I found it a little bit stiff to turn, but perhaps this is due to been surfing twin fins for the last year and a half. I´m using the split keels from FCS2. My first thoughts are that the Townsend turns easier than The End.

More to come ;)

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Some of those backside turns on the first couple waves were pretty rad. I enjoy seeing Clay go right.

The boards look a little bulky and thick up front. Maybe Insanity variations? Probably could use more rocker for the waves he's surfing. It looked like he was having to force it through turns a couple times.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I would like to Marzo surf a HPSB thruster NOW.

Clay was ripping on them…

…years ago.

Maybe part or all of what we see is just his skill level declining. Or it’s the boards. Or both.

He‘s looking rather plump.

Reactions: sdsrfr and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I wonder how long the contract is for… or if they commit to developing a model together for him to earn royalties. Not really beneficial for either party if nobody thinks he’s surfing particularly well on their boars.