Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
What had the better low end..plasmic or the end?
Good question -
I got rid of my Plasmic sometime ago. For what appeals to me, I prefer the End as it supports a narrower outline. I don't like paddling wide blunt boards around that much. The Plasmic is fairly wide. The End is closer to the Plasmic EAST being narrower. The 5' 6" End is interesting in that it is kind of longer board in shorter package (blunt nose and low rocker) that is great for paddling around and wave catching, but you benefit from the shorter package when on the wave. The board also kind of has a long rail line, even though short, I like and utilize. The End is the closest board that I have surfed that feels like skateboard that has nice speed and flow. You can surf it forward, but it responds best with getting your foot back, like the Plasmic just not as much.

I got my 5' 6" End a little chunky for small waves, I haven't noticed much downsides to it. Though I think more performance dims would also work well.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
fwiw, the plasmic is not really a groveler.

its crazy easy to stroke into waves and lets you pack enough foam to practically use it as a SUP but a slow fat faced NCSD reef wave does not bring it to life and inspire ripping or trimming. you’re still just waiting for the bowls to do something spicy.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
What’d you order?
Winged Lightblender, aka Lightwang. Went 5-10. IDK other dims, that will be his job.

Looking at fins, they recommended Ashers. Any thoughts from folks on what size, there are 2 sizes, 5.5 and 5.79. 5.79s say for bigger dues. I'm 6' 190. Also read positive reviews on the NVS Albums looking back on this long 75% hipster bashing thread. Thanks for any advice.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Winged Lightblender, aka Lightwang. Went 5-10. IDK other dims, that will be his job.

Looking at fins, they recommended Ashers. Any thoughts from folks on what size, there are 2 sizes, 5.5 and 5.79. 5.79s say for bigger dues. I'm 6' 190. Also read positive reviews on the NVS Albums looking back on this long 75% hipster bashing thread. Thanks for any advice.
nice. that boar looks fun

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
fwiw, the plasmic is not really a groveler.

its crazy easy to stroke into waves and lets you pack enough foam to practically use it as a SUP but a slow fat faced NCSD reef wave does not bring it to life and inspire ripping or trimming. you’re still just waiting for the bowls to do something spicy.
yeah, if you wanna grovel in slow fat waves get a quad IMO

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

if I remember correctly, @oeste858 really digs the Pyzel Bobcat twins in his LB