Album Surfboards

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Long shot... and against the erbb mantra, but if anyone would get me the fin placement on the Bom Dia, I'd be eternally grateful. Cant swing the Album pricetag... that is, until Varial has the 25% off sale. ;) I know you guys lurk here

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Last varial sale didn't include albums (and I think they were also excluded from the DA one). erBB overuse may have killed it like the XTR codes?

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
I finally clicked with my 6'8 xtr10 moonstone during this past run of swell in NCSD. Such an epic board. Great paddler, but terrible duck diver. I got smoked on a few. Super fast board that can still crank pretty sharp turns.

Attachments

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Pull out an old sock boissssss....

Cuz I overheard a convo that Clay Marzo signed with Album.

Is the popular mantra here still that Album isn't paying their team? :roflmao:

I wonder how paychecks from Matt stack up against JS, DHD, etc?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Pull out an old sock boissssss....

Cuz I overheard a convo that Clay Marzo signed with Album.

Is the popular mantra here still that Album isn't paying their team? :roflmao:

I wonder how paychecks from Matt stack up against JS, DHD, etc?
This is good stuff. Board builder making good money who then turns around and pays non-tour guys money to ride his boards.

Matt is doing what many here complain about being a lack of.

Hes making money selling boards that work and he’s paying a relative ragtag crew of rippers to ride them.

Tell me again why so many people seem to hate this guy?

Maybe it‘s because instead of being a grumpy, flakey, sh!t businessman shaper who lies about turnaround times and complains about inability to make a living….instead of all that he’s getting sh!t done and making the haters look like tools.

He’s showing how it’s done.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe it‘s because instead of being a grumpy, flakey, sh!t businessman shaper who lies about turnaround times and complains about inability to make a living….instead of all that he’s getting sh!t done and making the haters look like tools.
From secondhand info I was told, there's some stuff going back a decade or so that rubbed people the wrong way. I'll spare you the stories. "He's a marketing guy, not a shaper."