Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
The ones that push the fins back that greg liked didn’t like but then liked again?

I want to try the Elmore’s in mine but I keep riding the plasmic instead.
yeah, the tan Shapers ones that are called "retro keel" and I guess are meant to be like a hybrid piggyback. Didn't respond like I know the board can.
Will go back to Rasta uprights /T1. Those felt good, was just trying something different.

Same, been riding the plasmic mostly. Figured the LB would be better for the lined up waves on offer yesterday. Fins kinda blew it, combined with awful crowd

Reactions: sdsrfr and Aruka

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
8FBFE084-91DB-4CC9-8DC3-C11FD2327FD2.jpeg

BED7E590-0735-4EC9-B07C-CF3E479AA908.jpeg

My friend Ryan told me his son was considering buying a used Album board. Told him it’s flavor of the month and goes for over a grand new. Guess the kid pulled the trigger.

Ryan surfs Racers local. But has been poaching my regular the last few years.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Well, I YOLOed Townsend last week. I saw it pop up on the website - the sizing fit what I was looking for. It was goofy foot, which tends to be rare. I didn't hesitate long, as I have missed prior boards in analysis paralysis - haha!

It is a 6' 6", 19.5", 2.44". I got it today. It looks great, feels great. I took it for an evening surf in waist high waves with some wind chop. I didn't really know what to expect. It has nice glide getting in. In the wave it was super fun - carried way more speed than expected for the conditions, and moved around with ease. I connected with it immediately. It was very fluid and natural. I couldn't get enough, it was so much fun. I know it is the first surf, but I am grinning from ear to ear.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Well, I YOLOed Townsend last week. I saw it pop up on the website - the sizing fit what I was looking for. It was goofy foot, which tends to be rare. I didn't hesitate long, as I have missed prior boards in analysis paralysis - haha!

It is a 6' 6", 19.5", 2.44". I got it today. It looks great, feels great. I took it for an evening surf in waist high waves with some wind chop. I didn't really know what to expect. It has nice glide getting in. In the wave it was super fun - carried way more speed than expected for the conditions, and moved around with ease. I connected with it immediately. It was very fluid and natural. I couldn't get enough, it was so much fun. I know it is the first surf, but I am grinning from ear to ear.
Sounds like my first experience with my Townsend. Such a fun board. Congrats.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Sounds like my first experience with my Townsend. Such a fun board. Congrats.
Thanks man! I appreciate your threads on this board. I almost didn't get the asymm based on your experience. However, not waiting 20 weeks for a custom, at least as I still figuring things out. I am glad I got these dimensions.

I have been searching for that certain feeling in a board that resonates the feel of surfing. I have gotten elements of it here and there, but not quite the complete package as this. I am going to surf everyday this week now:)!

Last edited:

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Thanks man! I appreciate your threads on this board. I almost didn't get the asymm based on your experience. However, not waiting 20 weeks for a custom, at least as I still figuring things out. I am glad I got these dimensions.

I have been searching for that certain feeling in a board that resonates the feel of surfing. I have gotten elements of it here and there, but not quite the complete package as this. I am going to surf everyday this week now:)!
What fins were you using?

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
What fins were you using?
At the moment - not the right ones (symmetric), Album uprights, but it felt good. I have the asymmetric Geminis coming today. One of the guys at Album recommended the upright on the toe side, and CF twin on the heel side. I may tinker a bit more before going to this set-up.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Another great surf on the Townsend last night, now in shoulder high waves! Impressed with how it went backside in some of the bigger waves. I was like oh that's what good backside turn feels like. Frontside of course is woohoo! I am f#$%ing loving this board. Not sure if I am ever going to surf my other boards again -haha. My wife is maybe less happy as I leave at 5pm and return at 830 pm - and of course starving for food. She already asked this morning - I assume you are surfing tonight with your new board - hell yeah!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Another great surf on the Townsend last night, now in shoulder high waves! Impressed with how it went backside in some of the bigger waves. I was like oh that's what good backside turn feels like. Frontside of course is woohoo! I am f#$%ing loving this board. Not sure if I am ever going to surf my other boards again -haha. My wife is maybe less happy as I leave at 5pm and return at 830 pm - and of course starving for food. She already asked this morning - I assume you are surfing tonight with your new board - hell yeah!
just wait til u have kids and those evening sessions go bye bye right away...

actually, pretty much all of ur sessions except for maybe a 20 min window twice a month at dawn lolz