Album Surfboards

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Careful. Sounding like Deforest with his latest tomo! Lol
[I agree the Plasmic is rad tho]
Come fall/winter I have a hard time believing I won’t be back on hp shapes and go full broken record over 3 and 4 finned boards.

while I like the super short fun boards for summer they are kind of a seasonal thing (for me) and right now is that season thus high praise.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Did you use the Gemini Asyms or the actual smaller 5.3 symmetric Gemini? I am impressed by the NVS uprights so far. I recieved the Gemini Asyms yesterday, but afraid to play fire because the board is working so well.
Mine are the symmetrical set. I have a regular tail on my Townsend. I thought the NVS Uprights went pretty well also in that board. The Gemini are noticeably looser which I always tend to favor.

Reactions: j_mac

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Long read version of an ad warning. Don’t wast your time reading. but, there are clips of Kerr within
anyone ever try one of tjese?
LOL. I got sucked into reading that too.
Bullet looked good when it came out, but didn’t see much info about it and now seems like they are pushing the other models more and apparently working on a new quad with Asher.

I then got sucked into Yuri’s two videos on the Plasmic. He looked awful on the smaller swallowtail. Much better on the stretched out 7’2. Still can’t believe Matt agreed to go on his YouTube review. Funny he straight up called the Plasmic bottom a bonzer channel.
Now I want a 6’10 asym Plasmic like his personal that showed in the vid. Lol. So I emailed him about one and he replied that he’s been surfing his a lot at lowers and been impressed by its range. He also said the Townsend should get similar speed generation from adding the Plasmic channel. I replied that I really just need a crowd killer.
:ROFLMAO:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wild homo for my Twinsman. Been riding it exclusively from waist high to almost double overhead.

It's like the best HPSB thruster you've ever had, but with extra glide.

Biggest learning curve is adjusting to the sharper pivot and shorter turning radius than quads or thrusters.

Like, you think you can't fit a turn in that little section or it's too steep for a layback, but you can.

Can't wait to surf it at Rockies, Vland, etc.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Wild homo for my Twinsman. Been riding it exclusively from waist high to almost double overhead.

Biggest learning curve is adjusting to the sharper pivot and shorter turning radius than quads or thrusters.

Like, you think you can't fit a turn in that little section or it's too steep for a layback, but you can.

Remind us again which tail version you got...

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009

Dammit all to hell, this post is going to make my wife seriously angry. I don't think I can live another day without a Twinsman. I can crash on your couch for a few days when she gets the credit card bill, right?

EntropyFletch

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 20, 2006
San Diego
So was that a little over 5 month wait? Looks great though, just a bummer you couldn't surf it before your shoulder surgery.
Yup, about 21/22 weeks...

Now I get to stare at it in my garage for 4 months...plenty motivation for rehab though!

Ironically enough I got the shipping notification email as I was coming out from under anaesthesia...