Album Surfboards

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Just picked an AO - PU blank with Dark Arts glass. Haven’t ridden it yet but the “in hand” feel hints at being probably the ideal build.

@santacruzin has ridden his and gave a very positive review.

It’s a little heavier than standard DA builds which could be a good thing overall. Still lighter and stronger than pu/pe.

Depending on how this one goes for me I can see it becoming go to build for customs.

And if you can ignore the “1” at the front end of the price it’s a hell of deal.
I had emailed them to see if I could order a P2 in that build. They said that's just a one off with Campbell bros.
I hope it does become an option!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: tedshred5

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That’s what Conner used to do all the time ON THRUSTERS. He fixed it around the time he left CI.
Yeah, you can do that type of turn on a thruster too, but it's not nearly as common as on a twin.

Twins just seem to behave a little different than a thruster, it's really noticeable through cutback type turns. Maybe it's the tendency towards a straighter rail line combined with the fin setup.

Anyhow the horse is now beaten to death - let's drop the subject.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
In surfboard world, good marketing can get you once or twice.

If someone gets 3 shitty boards from a shaper, you really think marketing will keep them coming back?

Bottom line, Album's boards work and that's why people continue to order multiple boards from him.
anyone ever try the mayhem custom order experience haha

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Nooo, don’t drop it!!! Dig your heels in. Some funny reading for the rest of us. Haha.

Of course twins behave different than a thruster. Feels different too. Although personally I just try to surf the same on any type of boar. Hit the lip as vert, as hard and as many times as possible and for the love of anything holy don’t barrel dodge.

Also. If you put a third stabilizer fin in it’s not a twin anymore. Not a thruster but it’s a tri-fin. Not a twin.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I had emailed them to see if I could order a P2 in that build. They said that's just a one off with Campbell bros.
I hope it does become an option!
We can make it happen. I think if people are willing to pay for it then it will be done.

Album has on his site a “carbon build” Plasmic that is apparently not dark arts so other people are glassing with carbon.

CI has it’s own carbon build now too but I know nothing about it.