Album Surfboards

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Like someone said above, this is a good boar for varial, DA, and lighter alt builds. So if you are used to eps, go for that one. It packs foam and will feel chunky under arm, so just keep an open mind. Keep back foot on the tail over the channel.
+1 on all of this; mine is varial and feels super whippy

also agree on slamming the back foot and surfing off it, what i have noticed with my plasmic is its a super easy transition from my 3-fin shortboards where I am surfing like that and takes a little more adjustment coming off my twin fins. the board is definitely a little counter-intuitive -- looks like a fish but definitely wants input and to rip

i love the AMTs in mine -- someone told me that you want fins with more cant for boards with channels (a la bonzer runners) and in futures at least they are built that way

do it deforest!!!!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm 5'9" 155 and ride the stock 5'0" and it feels perfect. live kauai but have taken it on trips to norcal/pacific nw with 5/4 booties etc and still felt great

it's defintely chonk in a good way (paddles way better than my shortboards lol) but still very rippy feeling
SOrry man I am a bonehead. I was talking to Aruka since he's relatively close to my volume. Sorry

• Haha
Reactions: thekadvang

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
moonie with CC keels. Go ahead and glue them in. Everyone here was right.

liking my wider and thinner 6’3 in real waves and some water moving on the reef.

at the shorter length it’s really not any better than my 5’5 plasmic in small stuff. I throw both in the truck most days and I’m covered for what SD usually has on offer.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Just a heads up….for any SoBay fanboys out there, ET is now stocking Albums
Wow! I've been wanting to throw a Bom Dia under my arm. I'm taking my kid down to Trestles tomorrow and an Album drop in was part of the plan. Now I can swing by ET today on my bike after a burger and a beer at Proudly Serving!

Reactions: Aruka and menobrah

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Wow! I've been wanting to throw a Bom Dia under my arm. I'm taking my kid down to Trestles tomorrow and an Album drop in was part of the plan. Now I can swing by ET today on my bike after a burger and a beer at Proudly Serving!
Hung out and talked to DDel yesterday. Boards arrived after I left, so I have no idea what they’re holding.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

Yuri guys are slipping.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

Yuri guys are slipping.
Album giving Nordic_Sharts a run for his money with that one.

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
Hot. How do you like those fins?
I like ‘‘em a lot. They went great on the first Bom Dia aside from all the humming. I sanded them down 5 or 6x and it helped a little but when I picked this up I traded for a new set. No issues with these. I tried the nvs album quads and they weren’t as good. For me these fins are the perfect blend of drive, projection and release of the top. I have a five fin set of those Slater Enduro fins that I may try just for the heck of it. But these ones just feel spot on for this board

Reactions: oeste858 and Aruka

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I like ‘‘em a lot. They went great on the first Bom Dia aside from all the humming. I sanded them down 5 or 6x and it helped a little but when I picked this up I traded for a new set. No issues with these. I tried the nvs album quads and they weren’t as good. For me these fins are the perfect blend of drive, projection and release of the top. I have a five fin set of those Slater Enduro fins that I may try just for the heck of it. But these ones just feel spot on for this board
I thought you went full on midlength side? Now back to shredding small boards? You do you!