Album Surfboards

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
A quick follow-up - the two boards that I am surfing the most these days as a DD are the 5' 8"x20" Flare (love it) and 6'9"x19.5"x2.38" Dis/Ixion (STAB EAST with Fanning, though a modified version instead of twin, disorder tail). Depending on the conditions and/or I how I feel...these two boards are the ones that I gravitate toward. Dis/Ixion has a good amount of performance rocker and rail, though it keeps a wideish outline through the tail. It is also glassed a bit heavier for handling the chop. It works well in DD conditions, more so than other midlengths. I am not really midlength surfer, it is fun at the onset and then I quickly wish I was on something else. The Dis/Ixion has maintained my interest. The board is too fast in the bigger waves, but head high and below, it has worked well. Something to consider if looking for something different...

View attachment 151777
View attachment 151778
View attachment 151779
Asilomar :love::love:

I had a great session there a few years ago! There was this super fun bowl/wedge on the inside.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
this one looks wild. it's been listed for a while. i love my symphony and it's hard to imagine what an 8 foot version would ride like.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Disorder mini-quiver arrived. 6 weeks from order to delivery. They all came out really nice!

5'7 x 18.88 x 2.25
5'11 x 18.88 x 2.25
6'4 x 19.13 x 2.38

this is the way. Jealous, except for micro dims.
What’s the thinking with the more swallow tail for the biggest boar?

Jul 18, 2018
Let’s try to right the ship….

Yoloed these fins and put them in the Plasmic.

V2 foil.

More area than the ENs.

More cant than the ENs but less than AMT and SOC.

Rode some high tide peaky beach break.

Fuckkin A.

Magic.

View attachment 146743

View attachment 146744
@Duffy LaCoronilla Are you still loving these G Pangs on the plasmic? I'm asking because I took your advice on the BMT's for my townsend (6'4") and am loving it.
I just received my Plasmic (5'4" 20" 2-3/8" at 175lbs) that I ordered from the Varial sale in December. The board feels great under arm and in the water but I'm not sure about fins for smaller waves yet. Any advice?
BMT's felt okay in tiny surf but a bit big/stiff especially backside.
Mollusk Radio Twins felt pretty good in better (but still small) surf but a little slippery (they might be great in better surf but not quite in love with them for groveling).
https://mollusksurfshop.com/products/twin-fin-set
Apparently usedsurf.com will let you demo a few fins for 30 days if you pay shipping. That's my plan but I'd love some insight.
Thanks for your trouble

Attachments

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@Duffy LaCoronilla Are you still loving these G Pangs on the plasmic? I'm asking because I took your advice on the BMT's for my townsend (6'4") and am loving it.
I just received my Plasmic (5'4" 20" 2-3/8" at 175lbs) that I ordered from the Varial sale in December. The board feels great under arm and in the water but I'm not sure about fins for smaller waves yet. Any advice?
Mollusk Radio Twins felt pretty good in better (but still small) surf but a little slippery (they might be great in better surf but not quite in love with them for groveling).
Apparently usedsurf.com will let you demo a few fins for 30 days if you pay shipping. That's my plan but I'd love some insight.
Thanks for your trouble
The Pangs are big fins (not as big as BMTs) and I’m 30 pounds heavier than you. Before those I was using the son of cobra twins which I also liked.

Still like the Pangs as well.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Thanks for your trouble
If you like the BMT's but want a fin with less surface area and more upright so will be feistier in smaller waves look at the 2 different sizes in the Shapers Asher Pacey twins.

Reactions: bvendley

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
If you like the BMT's but want a fin with less surface area and more upright so will be feistier in smaller waves look at the 2 different sizes in the Shapers Asher Pacey twins.
I’ve had some QC issues with Shapers’ fins. Nothing major, but had to use some 400 & 800 grit wet/dry to get out some surface imperfections.

I love the BMT’s in my 5’6” Stamps Kai-Zen twin. I’m 6’ 170 and while it is a huge fin, I can whip it around pretty easily. It is a little tricky to get to slide, but the inherent drive is what I’m after. It’s still easy to get the fins to release in the lip and the positive connection off the bottom FS & BS has made me not want to try anything else.

Reactions: bvendley

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Chris Christenson captain fins twins are so fooken good too
I have an FCSII set and they weren’t a fave in my last three twins. They’re all HP twins and the Christenson set felt a bit too cruisey under my feet. They felt like they had some weird lag when I was trying to link some quick turns together.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I rode my AP 5.59s for the first time in my Plasmic the other day in knee-waist slop and they were spicy! Felt even better than the Elmores I’ve had in it for a while. Interested to see how they go in better surf, but I could easily see them becoming a new favorite.

Reactions: Retropete

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
The shapes are almost identical. The AP 5.59 has smaller tip and slightly less area overall. I don’t remember seeing any difference in rake, but there may be an ever so slight one.

Reactions: need 4 speed